What Type of grease will grow your hair

MzPrettygrl

What type of grease will grow your hair & also thicking it up. If you use Vitaman E gel capusles by cutting it open & using it as grease will it grow your hair.

ms_kenesha

No grease will grow your hair. Using a grease can protect your ends from damage and lead them to not break which can help with you retaining hair length. Vitamin E can help with hair thinning.

AFashionSlave

No grease will grow your hair.

Healthy diet & exercise can help to contribute to growth. Supplements help some, but not all. Some people here have had good results with surge, but others have not.

Eat healthy and be gentle with your hair. Work on retaining the hair that you have and growth will happen on it’s own.

Good luck & welcome to the board.

oglorious1

Mixologist
I tend to disagree, I've used grease and my hair and it grew long and thick, the vitamins help the hair growing process go a little faster, but don't use grease with heavy petroleum or mineral oil contents.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I saw a thread about a grease called Frenchee aka Dogmane...I think the screen name of the person who posted the thread was wingtoe (you might want to PM her). She said her hair grew from shoulder length to waist length in 2 months using Frenchee Super Gro. They said it is similar to Glovers.

I used Black n Sassy Tea Tree Oil Triple Gro and it helped with growing my hair by preventing breakage. I think thats the only way grease can help with growth is by preventing breakage

HonEB

I think that if you keep your scalp clean and well stimulated it can help to accelerate growth a little. i an waring twists for an extended period of time and i swab my scalp everyday with Witch Hazel and water. I also use some essential oils like rosemary, peppermint and i mix it with emu oil and cayenne extract and apply the mess to my scalp. There are many more stimulating oils and extracts that may help you grow your hair. Try Amla and Shikakai also they are suppose to strengthen your roots and reduce shedding.

i don't think you have to worry about petroleum and mineral oils clogging up your scalp if you constantly keep your scalp clean. Your hair wont stop growing if you put it on your scalp. I remember there was a time when i was younger were my mother and i believed that out hair should only be washed once every month or two months. So not only would i have alot of build up from products but i would also grease my scalp everyday till my next wash. my hair grew to the middle of by back ( i was natural and if stretched my hair hit my waist but i was around 10 years old). well that is my personal experience with grease. i am sorry i cant remember the time of grease i used. I still use grease today but i don't apply it to my scalp.

just make sure that you keep your scalp clean if you are going to use grease.

dannie

I don't think grease will make your hair grow IMO. I would recommend different oils like Peppermint or Rosemary to stimulate the scalp. I switched over from grease to oil about 7 years ago and I've never looked back.

DragonPearl

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I saw a thread about a grease called Frenchee aka Dogmane...I think the screen name of the person who posted the thread was wingtoe (you might want to PM her). She said her hair grew from shoulder length to waist length in 2 months using Frenchee Super Gro.

[/ QUOTE ]
She went from shoulder length to waist length in 2 month using Frenchee Super Gro!

Yeah right!

HonEB

I also came across i line of products called Hairobics. There is a scalp spray and Scalp rejuvinator product that does not contain Petroleum or Mineral oil. These products contail mostly if not all "all natural" ingredients including essentail oils and herbs extracts to help with hair growth. they are a little pricy but i believe they are worth at least a look see. These products are safe to put on your scalp and they may help to stimulate growth.

CheerBear

[ QUOTE ]
Jessy55 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I saw a thread about a grease called Frenchee aka Dogmane...I think the screen name of the person who posted the thread was wingtoe (you might want to PM her). She said her hair grew from shoulder length to waist length in 2 months using Frenchee Super Gro.

[/ QUOTE ]
She went from shoulder length to waist length in 2 month using Frenchee Super Gro!

Yeah right!

[/ QUOTE ]

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I was trying to help...i havent used the stuff before...i was just putting what someone had said

hondahoney007

[ QUOTE ]
CheerBear said:
[ QUOTE ]
Jessy55 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Must have been 2 years.

DragonPearl

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I was trying to help...i havent used the stuff before...i was just putting what someone had said

[/ QUOTE ]
I know Pooh, I wasn't poking fun at you.
I just find some of those claims outlandish. I don't believe there is any product in the market now and in the forseeable future that's going to grow hair from shoulder length to waist length in 2 months, unless you're a midget. Now, 20 years from now, who knows...

HairFanatic01

WELL.......ORS CARROT OIL DOES WONDERS FOR MY HAIR!!!!
I know that it grows my hai b/c I have cornrows and a day after I finish greasing my scalp, I see little hair follicles coming from the braid. That I can protest to, but grease?>??>.......it never did a thing for me.

oglorious1

Mixologist
I use Hairobics, the products are great, if you ever hit a hairshow, she's usually there, very nice lady, she will tell you all of her hair secrets if you ask her. Her hair is literally to her knees.

HonEB

I really think that the CEO of Hairobics has awesome hair. I really like the list of ingredients in the scalp spray and in the scalp revitalizer and if i had enough money i would buy it.
What i really want to know is what on earth that women did to grow her hair to that length. That is amazing
!! do you have any ideas or know how i can email her?

HonEB

i dont believe that grease is bad for your scalp but i do believe there are better things to use that will help grow your hair. There are tons of essental oil recipies that will help simulate and moisturize your scalp without causing alot of buildup. but you still have to keep your scalp clean to keep it healthy.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
HonEB said:
I really think that the CEO of Hairobics has awesome hair.
What i really want to know is what on earth that women did to grow her hair to that length.

[/ QUOTE ]

An lhcf'er met her in person! Check this thread .

There are other threads. Do a search for +stephanie +hairobics

hotshot

castor oil for the scalp.
grease doesnt grow your hair but maybe helps you keep what you have. IMO, though, petroleum based products, aka grease, are no superior to preventing breakage than things like profective breakfree, carrot oil, carol's daughter products, or kemi shea pomade, which are mineral and petroleum oil free.

when i used grease i used bb super gro and retained length. by comparision though, my hair felt less moisturized.

bellydancer

[ QUOTE ]
Jessy55 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right!

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't believe it either. That's just not humanly possible for anyone.

bellydancer

[ QUOTE ]
Jessy55 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right!

[/ QUOTE ]

DahomeyAhosi

I can vouch for rosemary oil. I mixed this with surge and my shedding has cut down while my hair appears to have regrown in some areas that I was getting nervous about.

Teshila

[ QUOTE ]
Jessy55 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt want to be the one to say it! I was just kindof like