Sebastian Cellophane's

LadyZ

I have never used this product....
How much hair color or shine does it give dark brown hair?..
I want to put some life in my colorless hair... Should I dye or use this?
Calling out to the experts who know...

Thanks

Last edited:

Allandra

LadyZ said:
I have never used this product....
How much hair color or shine does it give dark brown hair?..
I want to put some life in my colorless hair... Should I dye or use this?
Calling out to the experts who know...

Thanks
I use this product, and I love it. I use neutral brown (which is basically the color of my natural hair). I use it to cover some gray strands and to give my hair shine (which gives my hair a lot of shine).

J

JenniferMD

I use this product too. My hair is dark brown and I use Cinnamon which gives me a nice red tone. It's not that noticable indoors, but once light shines on my hair....it's very noticable and I love it!

J

JenniferMD

Leshia, I got mine done at the salon with a relaxer. But from what I understand they should be at your local BSS. Right Allandra?

ShortyDooWhop

JenniferMD said:
I use this product too. My hair is dark brown and I use Cinnamon which gives me a nice red tone. It's not that noticable indoors, but once light shines on my hair....it's very noticable and I love it!

Your Hair is Beautiful!!!!! I love the color!!!!

baglady215

I'm not Allandra, but I see this product in most Asian BSS's that carry salon products (Nexxus, Paul Mitchell, etc.) I've seen it for about $25.

Last edited:

Leshia

Thanks for the replies about where to purchase the cellophanes. I'm going to check out my nearest Asian BS and see if it's there...I'm looking for that Cinnamon that JenMD uses...

LadyZ

JenniferMD said:

very nice hair and I love the color:grin:

Rezgirl

I am a Rinse Junkie - I usually use Jazzing for their selection of reds but I recently used Sebastian. On the upside it doesn't stain the scalp as viciously as the Jazzing but then it doesn't have the good coverage like jazzing - does that make sense :confused: Anyway, my solution was mixing the two up a little - good coverage and less staining! I LOVE RINSES :D

divinefavor

I've never put any color in my hair before. I need a change I turned 30 this past October and (Ahem, and also have a couple of gray hairs now :) ). My normal hair color is sandy/light brown with some red in it (depending on the season). Which colourshine color works best on my hair color? Is this damaging to the hair? Maybe I should try the clear first for the shine.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Mariaat40

I LOVE Sebastian's black cherry, which gives my hair a reddish tint. But that cinnamon color sure looks good on Jennifer MD. And I agree with what Jennifer said; it doesn't show up much indoors unless you're directly under a light, but outdoors - "BAM!" Very pretty.

pink_flower

divinefavor said:
I've never put any color in my hair before. I need a change I turned 30 this past October and (Ahem, and also have a couple of gray hairs now :) ). My normal hair color is sandy/light brown with some red in it (depending on the season). Which colourshine color works best on my hair color? Is this damaging to the hair? Maybe I should try the clear first for the shine.

Any and all advice is welcome.

I think you'd like Ginger or if you want more red try Gleamming Copper. The Sebastian website gives a detail description of each shade. Rinses are completely save too.

Heres the site: http://www.sebastian-intl.com/colourshines_index.php

vaqtea

How soon after a relaxer can you use this product?
Is it a permanent color or will it wash out?
Has anyone expereinced any damage using it?
Sorry if I am asking so many questions but I would like to experiment
with color this seems to be a safe way but I need reassurance :grin:

baglady215

You can use it the same day as relaxing. It usually washes out in 6-8 shampoos, although mine always last a little longer. It's not permanent, and I don't think rinses do any damage. I actually think they are considered a conditioning treatment (they seal the cuticle). HTH!

carolina_belle

Those reds are very pretty. It seems to give a lot of color. How about blondes? Does it show up? I want to put some color on the roots to disguise my old color growing out on the ends. Is this a good alternative?