Wash Day - My Sons Waist Length Hair

Lilmama1011

His hair is nice, he needs a much needed cut or trim but then again he stays in braids so he wouldn't care how his hair looks. I wonder if he ever gets called a girl and I wonder if he wants long hair because his mom has long hair

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
They both have great hair. I saw a previous video of her hair probably last year or so where she was combing through it so ppl could see that it was all hers. Her hair is low density, so I have a feeling that's how mine would look if it were relaxed and very long.

BostonMaria

I think it's too long for a boy. That's just my opinion. If I were her I'd let my son have a curly look. But the flat ironing is too much and he looks like a girl. Pretty hair though, it's gorgeous.

Michelle1971

I think it's too long for a boy. That's just my opinion. If I were her I'd let my son have a curly look. But the flat ironing is too much and he looks like a girl. Pretty hair though, it's gorgeous.

I agree :yep:
The flat ironing is a little too much :look:
I wouldn't let my son grow his hair that long, let alone flat iron it but he's her son so whatever works for them I suppose...

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Beautiful! I'd bet he would be handsome with a East Coast fade/Caesar, :yep:

I hope he doesn't get teased...

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I agree :yep:
The flat ironing is a little too much :look:
I wouldn't let my son grow his hair that long, let alone flat iron it but he's her son so whatever works for them I suppose...

Yeah but she stated she only flat irons it once a year for LC. I would love to see it all out in a curly fro. He does have some gawgeous hair though. Her hair is pretty as well. Her density is low like mine and I think mines would look like that relaxed probably.

ETA- I wouldn't flat iron my son's hair either or grow it that long

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Beautiful! I'd bet he would be handsome with a East Coast fade/Caesar, :yep:

I hope he doesn't get teased...

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

I was thinking that also that I hope he doesn't get teased.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

SelahOco

He's looking at her like :look: Mom, you do realize I'm a boy, right?

Ain't no body trying to have a husband with a 'wash day.' :lachen:

I bet it's beautiful in French braids though. I could see it without the flat ironing.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

I agree. She should just blowdry it at most (flat ironing is going too far) and then put it in cornrows.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I am disturbed. Why would she do all of that to a little boys hair? He does have beautiful hair though.

It would never dawn on me to do that to a little boy's hair. Nor would I want to. I could see not cutting but leaving it in its natural state. Plus his father would not be down for that. I dunno........... strange.

ElegantElephant

Wow!!! Gorgeous hair but IMO it's too long for a boy. When my son was 10 years old, one of his basketball teammates was BSL and he was teased often.:perplexed

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
That child needs a hair cut. He looks sooooooo miserable. Cut his hair and let him out to play with his friends.

ETA: I'm actually mad at her for doing that boy like that. I guess she wanted a daughter. SMH.

ETA Again: Where is this boy's father? Mom needs to be reigned in.

Last edited:

Mahogony7

When I saw it, my first thought was that maybe he wore it long for religious reasons. However, after watching the video and seeing how relaxed he is. He is happy with it. Also someone asked her why is it so long in the comments and she said that he doesn't want to cut it. As long as he is happy and it is his choice then that is all that matters.

I've seen men and little boys with long hair all the time. I dated a guy who had APL hair, one that had waist length locks and one of my teachers had booty length locks. As long as the hair looks clean and maintained I see no issue.

Subscribe

This gives moms who have boys inspiration that they too can have long hair. The schools i attended had plenty of white boys with waist length hair and they were always the ones wanted by all the girls in the school. Even now, the one or two brothers we see with hip length dreads will get a :blush: and then a :lick:.

Having to cut his hair should not be the cure for kids who's parents FAILED. The mom should report every TWA wearing little boy who looks at him twice. Ma lot of us on the board were teased about our hair in school, that's why relaxers took off in the black community.

She is proud of her baby boy, hair and all. She wins.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
This gives moms who have boys inspiration that they too can have long hair. The schools i attended had plenty of white boys with waist length hair and they were always the ones wanted by all the girls in the school. Even now, the one or two brothers we see with hip length dreads will get a :blush: and then a :lick:.

Having to cut his hair should not be the cure for kids who's parents FAILED. The mom should report every TWA wearing little boy who looks at him twice. Ma lot of us on the board were teased about our hair in school, that's why relaxers took off in the black community.

She is proud of her baby boy, hair and all. She wins.

I didn't know boys wanted to have long hair. Are you joking? I don't mind the fact that his hair is long, I mind the fact that she is flat ironing it. :nono: And I am concerned about what his father is saying. It just seems strange. He is a beautiful little boy but this is still strange. Sorry, strange is all I can come up with. :lol:

Ironically, I always said that if I have a boy he would have to be at least 5 before I cut his hair.

Last edited:

Embyra

No no no The hair is way too long for a boy and then it's flat ironed wtf is this!??

It's unsettling and she needs a daughter or maybe should become a hairdresser and play in a little girls head of turning her son into a weird barbie doll boy

Has she done a video on him wearing braid outs and roller sets yet? :-/

Last edited:

SuchaLady

No....Idk what she is trying to prove growing her sons hair. There was a member here that said her son would never get a haircut. The point? I will never know.

PJaye

I’m sorry, but this is one area where I will not ride on the anti-bullying train. If a parent allows their male child to have long, effeminate hair, that’s on them.