Add Olive Oil to Shampoo

InBloom

In my new-growth
Tried it for the first time last night.

I let it sit on my head for about 5 minutes.

I can't give an accurate measurement, but I use the Keracare Hydrating & Detangling shampoo, 8oz bottle. I would guesstimate that I used about a quarter of the bottle already. So when I added oil, I filled the bottle with it. I used Sweet Almond Oil instead of Olive. About 2 oz of oil....I would say.

I did everything else the same as I would on wash day. I finished with a sleeker look. I had way fewer flyaways. My hair is fine and tends to look a bit wispy. No wispy looking hair today. I still had my usual bounce too.

I have to keep doing this to see what long term benefits will be, but I'm happy thus far.

InBloom

In my new-growth
Seems like if using a clarifying shampoo, you'd want it to do it's job. The oil might not allow the clarifier to work fully.

I like adding oil to my daily shampoo instead.

Dayjoy

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Thanks greenandchic and InBloom! That's what I thought, but then I thought someone would come in and say yes, to keep it from being too stripped. There's always an argument for each side but I'm going with you two.

virtuenow

Thanks greenandchic and InBloom! That's what I thought, but then I thought someone would come in and say yes, to keep it from being too stripped. There's always an argument for each side but I'm going with you two.
Dayjoy yes, the last time I clarified--I pre-pooed my hair and it worked well and prevented my hair from being stripped. I'm generally against clarify b/c of how stripping and damaging it is; but if I were to do it, I'd definitely pre-poo, dilute the shampoo and add oil (yes, all of that!).