I'M Finally Back! (pic Included)

LightEyedMami

Hey everybody, some may remember me by my old name (im-in-love-with-guitars) Well im finally back, and just wanted to say i missed this forum, and im in the process of becoming a "Heat Trained" Natural, i have been natural for almost 9 years (since i was 14 yrs old), and i am currently right above BSL and a 4b/4c. I know for many of you heat is a "dirty word"... but im sooo done with the dryness, ssks, and breakage, i have tried everything from deep conditioning 2x a week to trims monthly and nothing helps but heat. Everytime i use heat my hair stops breaking, holds moisture, and the knots stop like 98%. Anyways, i will use this thread to update with how its going, and to add a pic here and there. :)

taken today: (sorry for the messy room :nono:)

LightEyedMami

-I tried to blow dry on medium heat last week (instead of flat iron on medium heat)...and me no likey!! :nono:...my hair was rough and dry immediately, so i guess my hair doesn't like ALL heat ...hmm....i'll stick to the flat iron only for now i guess.

Update: because of finals i have been REALLY lazy with my hair :(...i will do a really nice deep condition this weekend!

BlaqBella

Welcome back! Its nice to know others are willing to discuss the fact that heat does not mean automatic damage, stunted growth, or the hair debil for everyone. I can't wait to get to your length.

LightEyedMami

I sure will keep you guys posted HPG :) and Blaq i agree i have stunted my retention by trying to force my hair to do and thrive off other people routines, im finally doing what works for me...and my hair is getting better and better! :grin:

LightEyedMami

I deep conditioned today, and my hair is soo happy!...I will flat iron tomorrow... Also i have noticed that when i use pressing creme my hair lays flatter with less frizz then without, i thing i will stick to the satin press, especially while this heat is setting in.

LightEyedMami

Just doing a minor update, am still heat training BUT not weekly anymore....I have decided to do a session every 3-4 weeks, so that i will not stunt retention, or cause split ends...My hair recieves moisture better now :), but since my hair is braided its hard to tell if its started to train yet....It's sooo heat resistant so i don't think it has yet.

LightEyedMami

Major update: As of right now ( i am not using heat, and most likely wont touch a flat iron for the rest of the year). I haven't flat-Ironed in a while. Since i have completely changed my routine, my hair is in much better condition....I have been deep conditioning with heat 1-2 times a week (which my hairs LOVES)...So i will stick to that. My hair is healthier then ever, and my hair didn't get a chance to "Train" so i am NOT a heat trained natural, for some reason the heat did nothing to my hair :ohwell:, I have a feeling if i ever want to become a heat trained natural i would have to put in some serious time, because it is sooooo resilient to heat, Its like it laughed at the heat i was using :lol:.

ETA: I have come to the realization that my hair doesn't need direct heat to thrive it just needs Extra TLC, and a solid routine.

**If i start heat training again i will let you guys know.**