Dudley's DRC 28

H

HoneyRockette

Dudley\'s DRC 28

Has anyone ever used this? It is supposed to instantly halt chemical damage/breakage.

Dionne

Re: Dudley\'s DRC 28

This is some heavy duty stuff. It is no joke but works very well. My sister gave me a DRC treatment one time in my days when I didn't think conditioner was important and it saved my hair. It is intense protien and stopped my breakage completely for about 2 months.

Julia

interesting...how did she use the treatment in your hair (I mean what procedure)?

Dionne

Its kinda like the aphogee treatment. She followed it with dudleys moisturizing conditioner.

daviine

I use this every month. As a matter of fact, I plan on using it today. I always use it the first week after my touchup.

I can't say how great it does or doesn't work, however, becaue I've just been using it without question. It hasn't made my hair fall out so that's a good sign.

One thing I noticed a few times which is weird, is that after I rinse it out, is that my hair feels *slightly* heavier. Only slightly...and I don't know if it's my imagination but I just like to pretend/assume that it's the DRC working! /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

Kitkat

Shamboosie discussed this conditioner in his book. I also remember him saying that this is pretty heavy duty, but it's supposed to be really good. HoneyRockette, if you do use it please let us know how it works for you.

BronxDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Kitkat said:
Shamboosie discussed this conditioner in his book. I also remember him saying that this is pretty heavy duty, but it's supposed to be really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kitkat is right it is heavy duty and you should really let a professional do it. If done right it will be very beneficial to your hair as far as halting breakage. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

VanillaDream80

Where did you purchase this product? I'm interested in trying it, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I know for a fact that the Dudley's line is not carried at any beauty supply store or salon (the few products at Trade Secret are pathetic) where I live. Thanks! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

daviine

Ha!!!! It took me forever to find this product--even information ONLINE! Anyways, I bought it at a Korean Beauty Supply Store....

I paid $48.99 for 16 ounces but I've had it for a while now becasue I only use it once a month, if that.

Has anyone here used it because I have a question that came up yesterday when I was washing my hair.

VanillaDream80

Wow. I know, I went to yahoo.com and tried to search for 'Dudley's DRC 28' and it came back "no results found'" !
I thought I could find it at keracare.com or at least dudleysq.com, but NOPE!

H

HoneyRockette

I had a DRC treatment at my old salon once but I didn't really notice any results which is why I asked. That product is difficult to find. I saw it once in Brooklyn and if I had seen it for $50 I would've bought it because I think I saw it for $70 or $80.

daviine

It's like top secret or something. It's probably easier to find sout some national security secret. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I did read an article about it once but I don't know if I can find it again.

daviine

Honey Rockette---when they did the treatment did any part of your hair get hard under the plastic cap?

Yesterday, some of my hair at the top got hard and I thought that was weird becasue I've never had that happen before...

MAybe there was a hole in my cap yesterday OR maybe it supposed to get hard and I always do it wrong..... quien sabe?

That scared me so when I finish this bottle I probably won't buy it again especially since its supposed to be SO heavy duty.......

I'm sure there are cheaper and less nerve-wracking ways to strengthen my hair.

H

HoneyRockette

No I don't think so. From what I remember it was kinda sudsy and watery and it had a funny smell. That was ages ago though. For all I know they changed the formula. I don't like conditioners that get hard though which I have never tried Penetrait. They seem to make my hair feel dryer for some reason. I want to buy DRC anyway because I know I have some chemical damage in there somewhere. I will let you know when I get mine but I doubt that happened.

H

HoneyRockette

No sabía que usted habla español. Convengo. El artículo es muy corto. No explica mucho. ¿Cuál es el secreto grande?

daviine

No se cual es el secreto grande. Yo puedo leer españnol y pedo comprenederlo. Pero hablo poquitito y no puedo escribirlo.

caress

I recently found it on sale for about $25 in a local beauty supply store. I was tempted to buy it but didn't.

CynamonKis

Daviine, thank you, maybe some of the other Ladies who've tried it would know -- is DRC-28 supposed to get hard? I told Daviine that I've used it for about 4-6 treatments, and ASSUMED it was supposed to get hard BECAUSE I know it's similar to Aphogee Treatment for Damaged har, which the directions specifically state that it's supposed to get hard. With both treatments I sit under the dryer (no cap) for 20-40 minutes (40 may be too much tho but its been working for me). The Aphogee directions warn NOT to manipulate the hair in any way while it is hard, so I do the same for the DRC treatment.

daviine

Girl you made me pull out my bottle and here is some of what it says (too lazy):

"...Saturate each strand of hair thoroughly. Place cotton along the hairline to prevent dripping. Cover hair with a plastic cap and put client under a warm pre-heated dryer for 15 minutes (no heat before curl chemical applications). Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water....."

I don't think it's supposed to get hard. Otherwise, why would you need cotton to prevent dripping.

CynamonKis

Girl thanks for posting these directions. It definitely has a tendency to drip when its being applied. My stylist never told me to wear a cap, but just told me to sit under the dryer for 20 minutes (not 15 as the directions state). Somehow, its been working very well for me -- but maybe it will work better when following the directions. You wouldn't believe how well this has reduced my hair breakage &amp; gotten it stronger.

daviine

Did she tell you to follow with a moisturizing conditione afterward? The bottle says to "use a Dudley moisturizing condtioner to soften the hair. Rinse with lukewarm water. Towel blot the hair."

I usually use Mizani Moisturefuse afterwards because that's what I have.

CynamonKis

Oh yeah she even gave me some moisturizing conditioner to use afterwards....I added the carrott oil hot oil treatment because this girl at Sally's said it really helped stop her breakage. The entire regime was DA BOMB for me

Shawn

Bumping for updated commentary. Anyone had great success with Dudley's DRC-28 lately? Any horror stories on DRC-28? Thanks much.

LABETT

I have use it every one week before relaxer and two weeks post relaxer without any problems I always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
I think it is definitely worth the $$$.
Out of all the proteins treatments I used DRC works best for me. I CANT be without it.

DSTcutie

I have the Dudley's and the Nexxus Emergence...which of the two works better for you all?

The Emergence works about the same as the Dudley's for me...
maybe I'm doing something wrong.