Conditioner w/lots of slip for natural hair

jainygirl

Well, you have to clarify if youre using products that are gonna buildup on the hair. I use St Ives Citrus & Lemongras Clarifying Shampoo. After i use it I follow it up with a conditioner and rinse it out. My hair is usually dry after i clarify because everything has been stripped from it. 2 days after i clarify i do a no 'poo with 2 separate conditioners and that does the trick for me :). Last time i used Suave Awapuhi Conditioner and followed that up with VO5 Pina Colada Conditioner.

After patting the water from my hair(do not rub the hair with a towel -- or use a pick) I used my wide tooth comb to comb through it. Then i applied my Sta Sof Fro Spray as well as the SSF Moisturizing creme. That got my hair back to feeling so soft and nice :). -- jainygirl

bklyncurly

CharUK said:
Really? What did you use? I've heard baking soda is very good.

I was going to clarify my daughters hair for the first time this weekend before I put braids in.

Anyone else have any comments on this?

xx

I'm natural, and I recently started to clarify my hair (1st time in December 2004) and I love it! I use Herbal Essences Clarifying Shampoo (green bottle -smells great) and I only shampoo 1x. Then I immediately put the moisture back in with a deep treatment (Aussie con w/oils that I've added), sit under the dryer for 30 minutes. Then apply Daily Defense Tender Apple con on top of my hair and let my hair cool down for 10-15 min. Then I rinse out and apply my homemade leave in (911 + oils + woojee cream + moisturizing aid) and my hair looks and feels great. :yay: Then I let my air dry to prevent further dryness from the blow dryer. It sounds like a lot of work, but clarifying strips all the moisture out of my hair and I make sure I put it back in ASAP! Hope that helps. :yep:

SVT

rayne said:
My daughter has dry, natural hair that tangles easily. I'm looking for a moisturizing conditioner with lots of slip. I used to use a kiddie cholesterol conditioner (can't think of the name right now), but it's no longer effective. Any recommendations?

Biolage Detangling Solution

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I am super tender-headed and my hair tangles at the root and at the ends. Before I wash, whether that be a conditioner wash or a shampoo wash, I do an oil pre-treatment. I use olive oil and castor oil with essential oils mixed into the oils. Simple olive will work too! I section my hair into about 6-8 sections with my fingers - can't use a comb because it hurts too much- and I saturate each section with the oil, braid it very loosely [like someone mentioned in this thread] and throw a cheap plastic cap over my head for 10 minutes to overnight. Then I do my washing with shampoo or conditioner. It makes my comb-outs so much less painful. I pull out a lot less hair and get finished faster. I have extremely brittle, dry, crunchy hair, so it helps alleviate dryness, too.

lavendarlover

The only conditioner that I have tried that had a LOT of slip is Daily Defense Tender Apple. It is not as moisturizing as NTM, though, so I don't use it as much. I HAVE used it and liked it, though. I can actually feel a comb glide through my hair with the use of this condish, and I have EXTREMELY tight naps. I also got to experimenting with a few things that I had purchased (3 different liquid leave ins, and I am putting this mixture on trial before I put it out there) and it seems to be working well, but this new developement came last night after I had already put a lot of one of the leave-ins in my hair. I will let you know if this is a good combo for super tight hair after I have given it a week long trial. If you try the DDTA and don't like it, you will not be out of much money, so I would try that first.