when are my curls going to pop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rapunzel*

ive been natural since may 7th
and i took my braids down 3 days ago and i dont have curls all over. i heard someone say it takes a week for the curl definition but im getting impatient here:look: i think my nape is 3c and maybe the front and the sides are too(i believe) it is fine textured. the center has tiny little curls and little curls. i know fantasia ic wil bring out definition but i'l have to pick some up today.
btw i did some flat twits in the front of my hair and i brought some goody hair bands so i could make a puff. it looks nice:yep:

i have:
ntm
evoo
soft curl
holly wood beauty olive/ carrot creme
ovation mixed with water
ic fantasia pomade

can i have more curl definition with these products

tia:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Rapunzel*

Your hair may not curl. Or you could have scab hair. Give it a few months of trial and error.
:ohwell:
i hope i get curls heres my hair now

Rapunzel*

yeah...plus it shouldnt take that many products to make ur hair curl anyway. either you have curly hair or you dont. the products just define what you have.
i know i have them but it might take some time.
im not mixing all of them in my hair lol:perplexed
those are the products that i have

BillsBackerz67

lol im sorry i thought you were putting all of that in ur hair...i say give it another month if not you might not have super defined curls. when i did my bc i my hair was pretty much curly even with the scab hair.

Rapunzel*

lol im sorry i thought you were putting all of that in ur hair...i say give it another month if not you might not have super defined curls. when i did my bc i my hair was pretty much curly even with the scab hair.
lol ok
i think i could have that im not for sure:ohwell:
i actually keep cutting my hair there were a few more straight ends i got rid of.
i just washed and con. added ntm first then(my temp leave in)and then olive creme to it

LadyEuphoria007

Hi again! lol

Okay I BCd on March 7 and it took me till mid April to pop a curl. You should try cowashing/ "Co-N-Go" (I just made that up :spinning:) as in using a cheapie condish like V05 as a leave in.

I Co-n-Go with V05 moisture milks, leaves my hair soft yet defines my curls. To elongate them I apply the condish in the shower to soaking wet hair, hang my head down in the front and SHAKE SHAKE side to side, hold my head back and shake side to side, then I do that rocker head shake front to back.

I put a towl around my neck and let my hair drip dry OR if I'm in a rush I turn the water off and continue to dangle and shake my head until most of the drippies are gone :)spinning: <-- is what you may feel).

After that I style the front with IC gel and apply headband. I let my hair air dry throughout the day. By the time I'm done styling to front the drippes are gone.

OR you can add the condish and palm your head like you would do a basketball and let airdry after you style the front.

You get two different looks depending on the method.

There are various products you can use (I lub Catwalk curls amplifier) but this method is fast and cheap as v05 is $0.89 and Catwalk is $14 bucks for that little a$$ tube. :rolleyes:

Sorry I am so longwinded.....:blush:

Here is a pic on this day I'd sprayed my hair with oil after I styled the front. With the Skake method.

Here is the B-Ball Palm method. Sorry it's so grainy this is the only pic I have of this method.

Rapunzel*

Hi again! lol

Okay I BCd on March 7 and it took me till mid April to pop a curl. You should try cowashing/ "Co-N-Go" (I just made that up :spinning:) as in using a cheapie condish like V05 as a leave in.

I Co-n-Go with V05 moisture milks, leaves my hair soft yet defines my curls. To elongate them I apply the condish in the shower to soaking wet hair, hang my head down in the front and SHAKE SHAKE side to side, hold my head back and shake side to side, then I do that rocker head shake front to back.

I put a towl around my neck and let my hair drip dry OR if I'm in a rush I turn the water off and continue to dangle and shake my head until most of the drippies are gone :)spinning: <-- is what you may feel).

After that I style the front with IC gel and apply headband. I let my hair air dry throughout the day. By the time I'm done styling to front the drippes are gone.

OR you can add the condish and palm your head like you would do a basketball and let airdry after you style the front.

You get two different looks depending on the method.

There are various products you can use (I lub Catwalk curls amplifier) but this method is fast and cheap as v05 is $0.89 and Catwalk is $14 bucks for that little a$$ tube. :rolleyes:

Sorry I am so longwinded.....:blush:

Here is a pic on this day I'd sprayed my hair with oil after I styled the front. With the Skake method.

Here is the B-Ball Palm method. Sorry it's so grainy this is the only pic I have of this method.

oh i dont mind the long wind tell all step to step guide. you helped me my twa buddy:grin:

i just brought some treseme flawless curls and suave hum.hopefully that works i should of brought moister milks but i just purchased some ic fantasia i hope it will define my curls

its weird because when i was transitioning i uses moister milks and my hair loved it:yep: suave is ok:perplexed and i had curls and waves from my wash and go

Rapunzel*

I use long aid and it works wonders!!! try it out!
whats long aid and did you have the same problem
i just cut off all the leftover relaxed ends thats probably why i dont have as much curl definition yet

and girl i secretly jocked your style:look:
i didn't use rubber bands though(not saying you did)

Last edited:

danigurl18

thanks lol.. its a gel.. i had that problem before but i cut some more of the relaxed hair down and it was ok.. i co wash with garnier hydra curls and then spray my glycerin/aloe vera/water/castor oil mix while my hair is dripping wet then i put the long aid in it and i have perfectly defined curlies.. my hair curls up the minute i wet it though.. also try KCCC.. it's great but really expensive

Rapunzel*

thanks lol.. its a gel.. i had that problem before but i cut some more of the relaxed hair down and it was ok.. i co wash with garnier hydra curls and then spray my glycerin/aloe vera/water/castor oil mix while my hair is dripping wet then i put the long aid in it and i have perfectly defined curlies.. my hair curls up the minute i wet it though.. also try KCCC.. it's great but really expensive
your welcome

when i took out my braids i did the dentangling etc. washed it and my taural hair was like:look: are you kidding me so i cut out the tangles which were relaxed hair, i left some because i was afraid i wouldn't be able to grip my hair in braids that was the only reason why

lilsparkle825

number one...what kinda camera is that. LOL I WANT IT!

number two...these curls are perfect. if this is from shaking i need that in my life...i get tired of drip drying so i have been using a turbie twist and the frizz is out of control. how do you "style" the front?

ladylibra

okay i LOVE this phrase, gonna start using it! :grin:

{BiB}'s got it, it took a little bit for my curls to pop after BCing too. i just co-washed and focused on getting it moisturized and healthy... the curls will come on their own naturally. :yep: certain products just make them pop better... like that Cantu leave-in with shea butter. that stuff gave me the most frizz-free curls ever... but also super-shrinkage and took forever to dry. :ohwell:

Bint Yusef

yeah...plus it shouldnt take that many products to make ur hair curl anyway. either you have curly hair or you dont. the products just define what you have.
thats what i was going to say too. i get curl definition from breathing, dont really need a product. some make them clump better, but thats just usually water and a gel....thats it.

glamazon386

Same here... Once it got wet and some conditioner on it it curled up. It was just dry. :ohwell: I could see curls in some spots while I transitioned though. It was like a spring and then a straight piece of hair hanging on.

thats what i was going to say too. i get curl definition from breathing, dont really need a product. some make them clump better, but thats just usually water and a gel....thats it.

I would agree... Either it's there or it's not.
OP - I'd say just wait it out. No curl product is going to give you curls if you don't have them. I think it's a common misconception. I see people ask will such and such product make my hair curly? It'll just enhance what's there. So don't waste your money on a bunch of curl potions just yet. Have you tried the fantasia gel with sparklelites? It's a board favorite. I use it quite frequently. Try that out and see how you like it.

Cichelle

Your hair may not curl. Or you could have scab hair. Give it a few months of trial and error.

I was going to say something similar. If you need products to make your hair curly, maybe it's not naturally curly. I'm not saying it isn't, because others here seemed to have experienced the same thing you are. I guess you just need to be patient. When I did the big chop, my hair was curly right off, even though I had a rough patch of what I think was scab hair, which I cut off. From my experience, curly hair is curly regardless of product. Product may make the curls look better or make your hair clump in a different way or reduce frizz. But if you have curly hair, you generally don't have to do anything to make your hair curly. Again, that's my experience. YMMV. I will say this, though, which I know to be very true: length affects curl. Some people have hair that doesn't curl until it reaches a certain length, just because of their particular curl pattern. That could be the situation for you.

Rapunzel*

thanks for all the advice ladies:yep:
i see more curls now i think it just takes time
i know they are curls and waves in my nape area i think its 3c maybe
the crown of my hair(center) i have really small curls

and the front on my hair is idk ill find out when i take these twists out its fine textured and the curls are bigger than the crown areas curls. maybe 4a/3c

eunique

I could see and feel curls on my hair when I was transitioning and after the BC I had curls from the jump; however, I know for some people it has to grow out a bit more for the curls to really pop. When I wet and condition my hair the become defined. I would try ... not sure of her username's ... shake method. Or using a denman/goody brush with V05 or Suave.

I usually co-wash let it drip dry as long as I can take and then put a little V05 or Suave in as a leave-in and a squirt of Fantasia IC Gel. Run it over my hair front to back then come back to the front and rub to the back and they kinda just spring up.

PAPRIKA

I'm not natural but I do wash-n-go. Maybe you should try to co wash and put nothing in to see your "naked" hair; perhaps you are using too much product. :look:

locabouthair

I was going to say something similar. If you need products to make your hair curly, maybe it's not naturally curly. I'm not saying it isn't, because others here seemed to have experienced the same thing you are. I guess you just need to be patient. When I did the big chop, my hair was curly right off, even though I had a rough patch of what I think was scab hair, which I cut off. From my experience, curly hair is curly regardless of product. Product may make the curls look better or make your hair clump in a different way or reduce frizz. But if you have curly hair, you generally don't have to do anything to make your hair curly. Again, that's my experience. YMMV. I will say this, though, which I know to be very true: length affects curl. Some people have hair that doesn't curl until it reaches a certain length, just because of their particular curl pattern. That could be the situation for you.

Cosigning on everything...

NaturalJoy

I agree w/ the ladies who said to cut off the straight pieces, that will certainly help the curls pop. Also, I know my hair needs a good 4 inches and a proper moisturizing conitioner for it to REALLY pop. It's weird but the longer my hair gets the more defined my curls become. (I say weird, but maybe that's normal :perplexed:drunk:)

Rapunzel*

I agree w/ the ladies who said to cut off the straight pieces, that will certainly help the curls pop. Also, I know my hair needs a good 4 inches and a proper moisturizing conitioner for it to REALLY pop. It's weird but the longer my hair gets the more defined my curls become. (I say weird, but maybe that's normal :perplexed:drunk:)
every time i think i cut off the relaxed ends i always see one or two more:lachen:
and my hair is about 4 inches ill measure it to make sure:yep: when i transitioned i had many waves and curls in some places i might have 3 inches. i seen defined curls last night when i used flawless curls as a co wash ntm as a moisturizer, then the ic fantasia i seen a lot of defined curls. on Wednesday when i take these twists out im going to do the final and last snip.last night when i saw straight ends i cut it and accidentally cut some of my curls :rolleyes:
but unfortunately these straight left over ends are in the back of my head:wallbash:

Rapunzel*

i think it also depends on how long i transitioned too. my last real relaxer was nov 25th. i did another feb 12th i think and it reverted, or just didnt get really straight. so it was kind of like i transitioned for 3 months but i just say 5 because it didnt straighten

LadyEuphoria007

okay i LOVE this phrase, gonna start using it! :grin:

Yay! I made something catchy. LOL :spinning:

every time i think i cut off the relaxed ends i always see one or two more:lachen:
and my hair is about 4 inches ill measure it to make sure:yep: when i transitioned i had many waves and curls in some places i might have 3 inches. i seen defined curls last night when i used flawless curls as a co wash ntm as a moisturizer, then the ic fantasia i seen a lot of defined curls. on Wednesday when i take these twists out im going to do the final and last snip.last night when i saw straight ends i cut it and accidentally cut some of my curls :rolleyes:
but unfortunately these straight left over ends are in the back of my head:wallbash:

Oh I just wanted to say that you should put the scissiors down for a while. I cut TWO inches off my hair b/c I thought it was still relaxer on the ends. Come to find out at 3.5 inches my curl pattern start an S shape before it goes into the Os again at round 4 inches. My hair would be around 6 inches had I just listened to my DH. :sad:

Give it a few months b4 you decide to trim again.

LadyEuphoria007

number one...what kinda camera is that. LOL I WANT IT!

number two...these curls are perfect. if this is from shaking i need that in my life...i get tired of drip drying so i have been using a turbie twist and the frizz is out of control. how do you "style" the front?

Girl its a Nikon D70s. I love my carmea lol.

LadyEuphoria007

i think it also depends on how long i transitioned too. my last real relaxer was nov 25th. i did another feb 12th i think and it reverted, or just didnt get really straight. so it was kind of like i transitioned for 3 months but i just say 5 because it didnt straighten

Oh well that may explain it then. The reverted hair is not behaving like your true texture so just wait it out and you should see a difference in the new new growth and the reverted hair.