What Was Your Timeframe For Achieving BSL and MBL?

Reecie

Let me start off by saying I envy and admire you guys that are BSL, MBL, and beyond. I'm also hoping that you can answer a few of my questions.....cause I'm dreaming of my 2010 goal of BSL/MBL :pulpdance:.

#1) How long did it take you to go from APL to BSL?

#2) How long did it take you to go from BSL to MBL?

#3) Is BSL counted as the hair touches the bra at the beginning or end of the brastrap?

Thanks ladies!!

Last edited:

Whimsy

Good thread, i dont remember one like this!

I was APL in June when I BCed and I reached BSL in Nov/Dec

I'm not MBL yet, but I'm about 2 inches away, so rough estimate I'll be MBL in May!

#3) Is BSL counted as the hair touches the bra at the beginning or end of the brastrap?
I count BSL when my hair touches the top of the bra strap because that is right below my shoulder blades. When my hair reaches the bottom of the bra strap i consider myself FULL BSL...but this is relative and is a wholly individual choice and kinda also depends on where you wear your bra.

dlewis

I took me 2 month to go from APL and BSL the last time. 5 months to go from BSL and MBL. BSL to me is when the hair touches anywhere on the bra. Full BSL is when all the hair touches the end of the bra.

nucienuce1

Let me start off by saying I envy and admire you guys that are BSL, MBL, and beyond. I'm also hoping that you can answer a few of my questions.....cause I'm dreaming of my 2010 goal of BSL/MBL :pulpdance:.

About 4 months. ( i just found out that im BSL)

Im gving myself until next year march to be MBL but I think it may happen sooner than that.

I am going with below my shoulder blade because that's where I am currently.

Thanks ladies!!

I hope it this helps!

Jazala

I think I will need the whole year to get to BSL from APL because on me its about 5 inches. My growth is average but I will probably trim off at least an inch this year to even out the ends.

gissellr78

When i put my self on a timeframe i stressed myself out wayyyyyy to much.
I don't really care anymore about timing

but to answer your question i was a bit past APL on oct 08 and MBL like sept / oct 09

Last edited:

kami11213

#1) How long did it take you to go from APL to BSL? about 4 months

#2) How long did it take you to go from BSL to MBL? about 5 or so months

#3) Is BSL counted as the hair touches the bra at the beginning or end of the brastrap? I agree w/ Dlewis... I think bsl is when your hair touches your bra, full bra strap length is when your hair covers your bra

Mz.MoMo5235

bsl to mbl for me was 3months, i'm 5'5, bsl to wl is also 3mos.

i consider bsl top of the bra strap but like whimsy, that's because that's where the bottom of my shoulder blades are. my hair grows pretty even so i claim full bsl when my hair is fully covering the top of my bra strap

LaFemmeNaturelle

Took me about 4.5 months to get from full apl to full bsl. I'm hoping it takes around that time to get to mbl...so maybe beginning of may?

lilsparkle825

if i make BSL by june (which God willing I will), it will be 6 months. i made APL last year but have kept trimming back to SL, so NO MORE TRIMMING! lol

i will use BSB, not BSL, since I wear my bras low. Thus, the top of my bra will be full BSL and the bottom will actually be MBL.

baddison

natural for good
This thread is encouraging. I have just made APL, and I have given myself until December 31st of this year to reach BSL. Guess I can make it if I keep up the healthy hair practices.:yep:

Barbara

Princess
When my stylist trimmed my hair back in February 2009, he evened it out to the top of my bra clasp. He had to trim about five or six inches off the right side.

I have to admit that I've been very lazy with my hair, and I don't take progress shots. Anyway, I did a length checked two or three months ago, and it was below my bra clasp. That told me that there really wasn't much progress in a year. I attribute this to not oiling the hair like I should even though I wear protective styles 95 percent of the time. So now, I'm oiling it thoroughly even if it's just once a week (or if I remember), because I should have seen much more progress in one year.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
i wish i could answer this, but i stoped looking at my hair length for about 18months. so i skiped these lengths and landed at mbl then two months later WL.

Sapphire_chic

This thread is encouraging. I have just made APL, and I have given myself until December 31st of this year to reach BSL. Guess I can make it if I keep up the healthy hair practices.:yep:

me too!! well..maybe almost :spinning: that's my exact timeframe. I need 4.5 inches
If i don't make it i won't be dissapointed but I don't think i'll keep doing 'challenges' because my hair obviously follows her own schedule :rolleyes:lol

Last edited:

Ediese

#1) How long did it take you to go from APL to BSL? 8 months. I needed 5". I did it from April - December.

#2) How long did it take you to go from BSL to MBL? 3 months. BSL to MBL is 2" on me. Just reached MBL. :)

#3) Is BSL counted as the hair touches the bra at the beginning or end of the brastrap? To be on the safe side, I count it when it touches the middle of the strap. I don't think it's BSL if it barely touches the top. It's full BSL when it's at the bottom.

Thanks ladies!!

Answers above. :yep: You'll definitely get there this year. I don't think you have far to go.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Apl to bsl took about a year. I am a slow grower (3-4 inches a year before trims)

Bsl to mbl only took about 4-6 months.

My current length is Apl (I big chopped) and it has been almost a year and I'm still not bsl. I haven't had a trim this year and my ends are not breaking. I just have sloooooow growing hair. Im doing inversion this week. I hope it works this time...

Evolving78

It took me about a year from SL to MBL ... and I was WL about 6 or 8 months later....

This is an old post, but you are an extremely fast grower! It will take me about 2-3 years to get to MBL from SL. I'm hoping I make it to BSL by the end of next year as long as I have no setbacks and don't do stupid stuff.