Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

Bene

I'm still experimenting with it. For October and November, I've had a full inch of growth per month. But I'm also taking GNC Hair Skin & Nails formula, so I'm not exactly sure which of them has boosted my growth of if it's both in conjunction.

*fabulosity*

I'm still experimenting with it. For October and November, I've had a full inch of growth per month. But I'm also taking GNC Hair Skin & Nails formula, so I'm not exactly sure which of them has boosted my growth of if it's both in conjunction.

B.. it was you!!!! Thanks for responding... I'm on it so fast... where can I get it locally? The garden store??? LOL... How do you take it? How many times/day? Is it nasty? Give me more.... lol... :lachen:

♥Lamaravilla♥

Need more details please :look:

What it taste like? I'm not trying to gag on something else, my multivitamin is already my champ gag-inducer :nono:

DaughterOfZion1

I started Monday. I am really excited for the results. I take 2 tablespoons. I drink a mug of green tea every morning. I leave a bit of tea and put in 2 tablespoons. I leave just enough so that the tea covers it (like .5 inches above the earth). The taste is just a little chalky. Nothing really gross. I take Jasmine, Orange, and Passionfruit Green Tea so I don't really taste it.

I'm also excited about the cleansing properties. I KNOW I need some deworming. :)

Bene, your thread inspired me too!

When do you take your vitamins? I want to make sure I'm taking them at the right time.

Also, can you tell me how your 2 monthes on DE have gone? Any side effects? And how long before the deworming process began?

Thanks!!! :)

DaughterOfZion1

Bumpity....I'm thinking we should start a challenge and report in daily. We could post all of our benefits. That would be fab! Who's with me?? And who wants to make it/be in charge of it? Lol

JJamiah

I have a few pounds of it and used it to get rid of some unwanted guest that lived next door, and thought they'd rent a room here. :)

AND It works like a charm!

Last edited:

Bene

B.. it was you!!!! Thanks for responding... I'm on it so fast... where can I get it locally? The garden store??? LOL... How do you take it? How many times/day? Is it nasty? Give me more.... lol... :lachen:

I ordered it online. I've had some problems with my firefox and had to delete my history, so I don't remember what vendor I got it from :sad: But, I think they're all good as long as they're food grade.

I don't take it like a medicine, I just fill a water bottle, dump a few tablespoons in, shake it up and drink it whenever I'm thirsty. Just remember to shake before you drink because it tends to settle on the bottom.

When it's finished, I add more water, because there'll still be residue left on the bottom of the bottle, and I'll keep drinking until there's no more DE left. Then I'll start again, dumping more in the bottle, adding water.

Need more details please :look:

What it taste like? I'm not trying to gag on something else, my multivitamin is already my champ gag-inducer :nono:

It doesn't have much of a taste. If anything, it's sort of chalky?

I was doing research on it, and I found that the "miracle" agent in DE is the silica. If you don't want to deal with it, you can always get silica supplements from any vitamin store. I was thinking of doing this, because DE is a pain in the butt sometimes, especially explaining to people what it is that I'm drinking.

Bene

I started Monday. I am really excited for the results. I take 2 tablespoons. I drink a mug of green tea every morning. I leave a bit of tea and put in 2 tablespoons. I leave just enough so that the tea covers it (like .5 inches above the earth). The taste is just a little chalky. Nothing really gross. I take Jasmine, Orange, and Passionfruit Green Tea so I don't really taste it.

I'm also excited about the cleansing properties. I KNOW I need some deworming. :)

Bene, your thread inspired me too!

When do you take your vitamins? I want to make sure I'm taking them at the right time.

Also, can you tell me how your 2 monthes on DE have gone? Any side effects? And how long before the deworming process began?

Thanks!!! :)

I think someone else started the DE thread that described the cleansing effects. I have no idea about de-worming :lachen: I started doing it because of the hair growth properties. I haven't noticed any effects on my health. I don't feel any better or worse. I wish I could give you more information, but I can't make any claims about cleansing or de-worming.

As for the GNC vitamins, I roughly take 2 once a day, sometime late afternoon. I'm really bad about keeping routines, so just as long as I remember to take my vitamins once a day, it's good enough.

*fabulosity*

Okay.. .bumping this back up... I'm gonna try to find the food grade locally and I'll start tomorrow... if I can find it in a store somewhere... gives me an opportunity to explore GA...

Water bottle... as long as I can't taste it... I have a serious GAG reflex.

♥Lamaravilla♥

I think I'm just going to buy it from that website you linked in your first post Fab. I want to buy the 50lb bag, but I think my family will look at me all crazy :look:

♥Lamaravilla♥

So we gonna make this thread into a challenge Fab?
You should check out Lowes and Home Depot, I think you should be able to find it there...

*fabulosity*

So we gonna make this thread into a challenge Fab?
You should check out Lowes and Home Depot, I think you should be able to find it there...

Ok so the more I read about it.. the more scared I got...lol... about using it... I'm thinking maybe I will just take silica powder???

What do you think???

♥Lamaravilla♥

Ok so the more I read about it.. the more scared I got...lol... about using it... I'm thinking maybe I will just take silica powder???

What do you think???

Why? I was looking at other websites, and the food grade one is being used to treat cats and dogs so I'm sure humans can use it too. The thing is though in order to get the full benefits I think we would have to use a lot more than 2tbls. That's how much it said to give a 100lbs dog, they give cows 2% of the weight of it's feed. http://www.arbico-organics.com/1218204.html

Every site I have visited says it's non toxic. The only thing I'm worried about is it making me constipated, because of the calcium. I think it's safe to ingest.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Got my huge jug of this the other day. Started this morning with a heaping teaspoon of the powder in my tea. Since I'm stuck here, stranded in the show, I'm having my tea. It has no taste. I'm starting off with a teaspoon for a couple of days, then I'll move to a full tablespoon after that.

Purchased from here: http://www.earthworkshealth.com/human-use.php

I'm going to mix 1/4 teaspoon in my kitty's wet food tonight; it's supposed to be great for pets.

I'm excited to see what happens.

Question: anyone add to their deep conditioners and/or shampoos? Just curious. I'll be stranded in the house this weekend, so that'll be my time to do some experimenting...

CurlyNue

I purchased Diatomaceous Earth a little over a month ago based on the reviews received from a few ladies. I've been taking a tablespoon at least three times a week. I have never been great at taking vitamins and such; I always forget. A week after purchasing I gave 2 cups of the earth to my brother who has high blood pressure and cholesterol issues. This is a 46 yr old man who had a stroke this time last year. In addition, our father died of High Blood Pressure at about the same age. Religiously he takes a tablespoon a day in the morning on an empty stomach. A few nights ago I get a phone call from brother asking me for some more of the white powder. He tells me that he has run out the powder which is working great. His BP has gone from 140 to 114, normal BP is 120. My fourteen yr old had BP of 114 last week. He is going to wait a couple of months before he tells his doctor about his lowered BP. I will check back in once he see’s his physician.

His success has inspired me to be more diligent in taking my DE. I cannot speak on what it does for hair but I can tell you that after a month of taking DE my brother BP has dropped.

JerriBlank

I purchased Diatomaceous Earth a little over a month ago based on the reviews received from a few ladies. I've been taking a tablespoon at least three times a week. I have never been great at taking vitamins and such; I always forget. A week after purchasing I gave 2 cups of the earth to my brother who has high blood pressure and cholesterol issues. This is a 46 yr old man who had a stroke this time last year. In addition, our father died of High Blood Pressure at about the same age. Religiously he takes a tablespoon a day in the morning on an empty stomach. A few nights ago I get a phone call from brother asking me for some more of the white powder. He tells me that he has run out the powder which is working great. His BP has gone from 140 to 114, normal BP is 120. My fourteen yr old had BP of 114 last week. He is going to wait a couple of months before he tells his doctor about his lowered BP. I will check back in once he see’s his physician.

His success has inspired me to be more diligent in taking my DE. I cannot speak on what it does for hair but I can tell you that after a month of taking DE my brother BP has dropped.
Whoa.I'm gonna look into this for my Daddy.
The man is in excellent shape and has great metabolism,but that history of high bp on his mother's side reared its ugly head a while ago.
We started cooking even healthier than we already did about 12 years ago because he had a mild heart attack.He was in his thirties:nono: I hate that he has to take so much BP medication:sad:
Thanks for posting this.I'm gonna go search the health forum for something on this.
Funny thing is that i saw this as the 2nd ingredient in some conditioner(i cannot for the life of me remember what it was) and i rolled my eyes and put it back because i thought it they were trying to sell me useless dirt with a fancy name:look::perplexed.

SiobhanM

Would this be the same silica you ladies are referring to?

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-1217

the supplemental facts says that the silica is derived from horsetail extract.
This would would explain alot, horsetail also stimulates hair growth and frequently used in hair growth products

I think i will pick this up for my mother who is having thinning/balding problems on top of high blood pressure.

Hope it helps with both!

SiobhanM

Oh I forgot i wonder if being so the GNC silica is horsetail extract derived if i could just buy the liquid horsetail extract they have and apply it topically too?
Anyone of our LHCF chemists know?

CurlyNue

Believe me I am astonished as well. Whenever I speak to my brother I question him about his blood pressure and his methods for taking the DE. When I initially gave it to him he said he was skeptical so he was only taking it a couple of times a week for about three weeks. He had his pressure checked and it had moved from 150-145 to 120. With 120 being the high of the normal range even he was amazed. Once he saw that he knew he had to take it on a regular basis. An additional three weeks and his BP was at 114. He has changed nothing nor added anything other than the DE to what he has been doing. Matter of fact he takes his DE with a glass of kool-aid in the morning. Too comical!
Funny thing is that i saw this as the 2nd ingredient in some conditioner(i cannot for the life of me remember what it was) and i rolled my eyes and put it back because i thought it they were trying to sell me useless dirt with a fancy name:look::perplexed.

I hear that in Europe DE is used in cosmetics quite frequently.
Would this be the same silica you ladies are referring to?

Fossil Shell Flour is the common name for DE, silica (a mineral) is a major component. When I asked my aunt, the major nutritional vegetarian fanatic, she stated that too much of any mineral is harmful. She also stated that she thought the claims about the benefits of DE were a bunch of hype but my brother proved her wrong at least to some degree. The many sites I researched stated that DE has helped folks with balding issues. Although, I can not say if the silica in the vitamin shopp will have the same affects as the DE. When you find out let us know.

likewtr4chklit

Oh.My.Gosh. I have a 32 ounce bottle of this sitting in my closet b/c I saw a roach. Now it's just sitting there doing nothing. I can't believe all this time I've had something serious on my hands!! I friggin love LHCF.

CurlyNue

Oh.My.Gosh. I have a 32 ounce bottle of this sitting in my closet b/c I saw a roach. Now it's just sitting there doing nothing. I can't believe all this time I've had something serious on my hands!! I friggin love LHCF.

As long as the kind you have is food grade DE it is good for killing roaches and safe for human consumption. < Looks silly when you see it written out.

Forever in Bloom

My order is coming tomorrow :creatures

I ordered four containers to save $$

I'll be taking this and chlorella.

I work at a gym as well, so I'll need to find a way to get a workout in with the little time I have. I need to get better. I was doing so well earlier this year, and just fell off! I haven't gained any weight, but I have lost all the strength I gained.

I also received a credit on my gym account for referring someone to get a membership, so I can get personal training or a private Pilates Reformer session.

I am going to grow and retain 6+ in 2010 if it's the last thing I do!

Healthier me in 2010 - here I come! :grin: