Hairfinity Vitamins

Mama Cita

I ordered these vitamins the other day and I wanted to know if anyone has tried them before and if so what you thought od them? I probably should have asked about them before I ordered them but the site had me pumped up like " Yeah! This will actually work!" They look promising and the results look realistic, they do not make false promises either, at least none that I have seen. They also offer a hair analysis that you send in and they look at you follicle and tell you what vitamins you need/dont need, if your hair is healthy/unhealthy....just wanted some feedback if any can be provided. TIA!

BTW.... The website is www.hairfinity.com

Gracie

I don't believe it. Looks like a scam to me. Make sure that you let us know how it worked for you.

Lynnerie

Well at least they let you know its not just vitamins you need. They have a useful link: (But we already know this info because of LHCF)

10 Steps to Growing Black Hair Longer and Healthier

Step 1: Use a gentle shampoo. Many common shampoos contain harsh sulfates that can strip your hair, causing it to become dry and eventually leading to breakage. Harsh sulfates include:

Ammonium Laureth Sulfate

Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate

TEA Laureth Sulfate

TEA Lauryl Sulfate

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

These types of harsh shampoos should be used for clarifying only. A clarifying shampoo should be used once monthly. This will allow for more effective penetration of your hair treatments. The following sulfates are gentle and will not damage your hair:

Polyoxethylene Fatty Alcohols

PEG 80

Sorbitan Laurate

Decyl Polyglucose

Cocamidoprpyl Betaine

Sodium Myreth Sulfate

Sodium Laureth Sulfate

Review this list of hair products for help with finding a new “gentle” shampoo

Step 2: Use protein treatments to rebuild hair structure and strength. Your hair is about 88% protein. These proteins are of a hard fibrous type known as keratin. When hair is chemically straightened, these bonds are broken, causing the hair to lose strength. If this protein is not replaced, it will eventually cause the hair to break. Mizani Kerafuse is a good protein treatment for black hair. It should be used every week (for chemically relaxed or damaged hair) under a heated dryer with a plastic cap for 10-15 minutes. For healthy hair, a protein treatment should be used every other week, alternating with a moisture treatment.

Step 3: Use moisture treatments. Moisture treatments help build hair’s resilience and prevent breakage. If protein is not balanced with moisture, it can lead to breakage. A good moisture treatment for black hair is Mizani Hydrafuse. It can be used after your protein treatment. Or on alternating weeks (one shampoo do the protein, and then the other shampoo do the moisture.) This treatment may not leave your hair feeling as "smooth" as many conditioners that contain silicones. You can use any instant conditioner that you like after your treatments to get a smoother feel. Instant conditioners are not necessary and do not need to be applied with heat.

Step 4: Use water and oil based moisturizers correctly. Your hair may be dry even though you are using a variety of moisture products on it. The reason is that oils and other moisturizing products that contain petrolatum, lanolin, and mineral oil do not moisturize your hair effectively. Instead they seal moisture in or out of your hair. They should only be used to seal the hair and add shine. Water based moisturizers effectively penetrate and moisturize the hair. Some examples are: Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-in
Profectiv Anti-Tangle Leave-in
Profectiv Mega Growth
Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in
You can also try applying your oil moisturizer after rinsing the moisture treatment to combat dryness.
Use a light oil moisturizer following the application of these water based moisturizer to seal moisture in the shaft.

Step 5: Use hair vitamins to increase your growth rate and lengthen your natural growth phase. Hair grows at an average rate of about 1/2 inch per month. Your hair vitamin should contain nutrients such as Biotin and Folic Acid that make your hair grow faster. Also, they should contain MSM which lengthens your natural anagen, or growth phase. This allows your hair to grow much longer. Your anagen phase, or growth phase, is genetically determined and limits the maximum length that your hair can reach. The hair growth phase (anagen phase) is one of three phases (growth, resting, and shedding) your hair goes through during its cycle. For example, a person with a 2 year anagen may only grow hair to their shoulders before it enters the resting phase. On the other hand, a person with a 4 year anagen will grow hair down their back before it enters the resting phase. Learn how HairFinity Vitamins can help your hair grow longer.

Step 6: Use a wide tooth comb.

Step 7: Use a satin scarf/ pillowcase for sleeping. Cotton scarves and pillowcases can absorb much needed moisture from the hair. Satin does not have this effect. It allows your hair to retain moisture, while protecting it from friction and damage.

Step 8: Limit heat styling to once weekly, and use thermal protectants. Heat styling can damage your hair, especially if done too often. When you straighten your hair with heat, you are temporarily altering the protein bonds in your hair and weakening it. A good thermal protectant that can be used when flat ironing hair is Silk Elements MegaSilk Heat Protection Spray. It is only available at Sally’s Beauty Supply. It should be sprayed directly on each section of hair just before it is flat ironed.

Step 9: Wear protective styles. To minimize breakage and retain moisture, try wearing your hair in a protective style at least 3 days a week. Protective styles are those which do not expose the ends, such as buns and French twists

Step 10: Properly neutralize after applying chemical relaxers.- Also, when you relax your hair, you need to make sure you properly neutralize. You will first wash all relaxer out with water. Wash with neutralizing shampoo at least three times. Then apply the neutralizing shampoo once more and let sit for 10 minutes. Then wash and proceed with conditioners and styling.

Mama Cita

I don't believe it. Looks like a scam to me. Make sure that you let us know how it worked for you.

I thought that initially but then as I read on they posted everything about growing hair for free and also suggested other vitamins other than their own so I ws like ....hmmmmm:ohwell: maybe there is some truth plus the pictures provided seem realistic and similar to some results I've seen here on this page so I felt it was worth a try..... I'll definately post the good/bad and the ugly...(hopefully not the latter two though):look:

TLC1020

I stumbled onto the website and read thru it, sounds interesting but not enough to purchase them....

2themax

Sounds promising. However before I purchase anything I always like to view the ingredients. So far, I'm using all of the vitamins/supplements that are in Hairfinity. So I guess I'll have to pass.

UniquelyDivine

I purchased these last year after I cut my hair to neck length in August, I took these religously and they took me from neck length to shoulder length 4 months. I recently purchased them again and have been on them for 2 and a half months and my NG is outta control! I didn't really notice a difference in the first month when I started them last year, it took about a month of getting them in my system before I noticed accelerated growth. I say they are worth it, they grew my hair quickly and I had very unhealthy hair practices at that time

drappedup

I really am tempted to buy these......especially with that promo code going around......but I feel like I don't want to be disappointed AGAIN about a hair vitamin. I recently bought fish oil pills and those were just a waste.

SignatureBeauty

These Vitamins alone will not give anyone waist lenth hair, What works for one will not work for all, I am glad she had a good experience using them. I am also glad to hear that others had a good experience using them as well.

yodie

As with anything, you have to try it to see if it will work for you. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. If it does, stick with it. If it doesn't, move on to the next thing.

hola_lo2002

I bought them yesterday because I know I don't have time to eat properly (working in a hospital can be really demanding...). I should be getting them this week, well I hope. I'll check in we you guys in 2 months!!

yodie

Mine should be arriving this week as well. Can't wait. Has anyone done the hair analysis? That seems interesting.

divatude

I really am tempted to buy these......especially with that promo code going around......but I feel like I don't want to be disappointed AGAIN about a hair vitamin. I recently bought fish oil pills and those were just a waste.

wats the promo code? i want to try these

BellaLunie

Y'all should've kept your money. The pills are nothing but Biotin. I took them before lhcf and I'm better off taking biotin and msm.

yodie

I don't mind trying them. I've tried a lot more expensive stuff mentioned on this forum, when I really shouldve kept my $.

JJamiah

Well at least they let you know its not just vitamins you need. They have a useful link: (But we already know this info because of LHCF)

10 Steps to Growing Black Hair Longer and Healthier

Step 1: Use a gentle shampoo. Many common shampoos contain harsh sulfates that can strip your hair, causing it to become dry and eventually leading to breakage. Harsh sulfates include:

Ammonium Laureth Sulfate

Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate

TEA Laureth Sulfate

TEA Lauryl Sulfate

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

These types of harsh shampoos should be used for clarifying only. A clarifying shampoo should be used once monthly. This will allow for more effective penetration of your hair treatments. The following sulfates are gentle and will not damage your hair:

Polyoxethylene Fatty Alcohols

PEG 80

Sorbitan Laurate

Decyl Polyglucose

Cocamidoprpyl Betaine

Sodium Myreth Sulfate

Sodium Laureth Sulfate

Review this list of hair products for help with finding a new “gentle” shampoo

Step 2: Use protein treatments to rebuild hair structure and strength. Your hair is about 88% protein. These proteins are of a hard fibrous type known as keratin. When hair is chemically straightened, these bonds are broken, causing the hair to lose strength. If this protein is not replaced, it will eventually cause the hair to break. Mizani Kerafuse is a good protein treatment for black hair. It should be used every week (for chemically relaxed or damaged hair) under a heated dryer with a plastic cap for 10-15 minutes. For healthy hair, a protein treatment should be used every other week, alternating with a moisture treatment.

Step 3: Use moisture treatments. Moisture treatments help build hair’s resilience and prevent breakage. If protein is not balanced with moisture, it can lead to breakage. A good moisture treatment for black hair is Mizani Hydrafuse. It can be used after your protein treatment. Or on alternating weeks (one shampoo do the protein, and then the other shampoo do the moisture.) This treatment may not leave your hair feeling as "smooth" as many conditioners that contain silicones. You can use any instant conditioner that you like after your treatments to get a smoother feel. Instant conditioners are not necessary and do not need to be applied with heat.

Step 4: Use water and oil based moisturizers correctly. Your hair may be dry even though you are using a variety of moisture products on it. The reason is that oils and other moisturizing products that contain petrolatum, lanolin, and mineral oil do not moisturize your hair effectively. Instead they seal moisture in or out of your hair. They should only be used to seal the hair and add shine. Water based moisturizers effectively penetrate and moisturize the hair. Some examples are: Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-in
Profectiv Anti-Tangle Leave-in
Profectiv Mega Growth
Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in
You can also try applying your oil moisturizer after rinsing the moisture treatment to combat dryness.
Use a light oil moisturizer following the application of these water based moisturizer to seal moisture in the shaft.

Step 5: Use hair vitamins to increase your growth rate and lengthen your natural growth phase. Hair grows at an average rate of about 1/2 inch per month. Your hair vitamin should contain nutrients such as Biotin and Folic Acid that make your hair grow faster. Also, they should contain MSM which lengthens your natural anagen, or growth phase. This allows your hair to grow much longer. Your anagen phase, or growth phase, is genetically determined and limits the maximum length that your hair can reach. The hair growth phase (anagen phase) is one of three phases (growth, resting, and shedding) your hair goes through during its cycle. For example, a person with a 2 year anagen may only grow hair to their shoulders before it enters the resting phase. On the other hand, a person with a 4 year anagen will grow hair down their back before it enters the resting phase. Learn how HairFinity Vitamins can help your hair grow longer.

Step 6: Use a wide tooth comb.

Step 7: Use a satin scarf/ pillowcase for sleeping. Cotton scarves and pillowcases can absorb much needed moisture from the hair. Satin does not have this effect. It allows your hair to retain moisture, while protecting it from friction and damage.

Step 8: Limit heat styling to once weekly, and use thermal protectants. Heat styling can damage your hair, especially if done too often. When you straighten your hair with heat, you are temporarily altering the protein bonds in your hair and weakening it. A good thermal protectant that can be used when flat ironing hair is Silk Elements MegaSilk Heat Protection Spray. It is only available at Sally’s Beauty Supply. It should be sprayed directly on each section of hair just before it is flat ironed.

Step 9: Wear protective styles. To minimize breakage and retain moisture, try wearing your hair in a protective style at least 3 days a week. Protective styles are those which do not expose the ends, such as buns and French twists

Step 10: Properly neutralize after applying chemical relaxers.- Also, when you relax your hair, you need to make sure you properly neutralize. You will first wash all relaxer out with water. Wash with neutralizing shampoo at least three times. Then apply the neutralizing shampoo once more and let sit for 10 minutes. Then wash and proceed with conditioners and styling.

Bump Great information Thanks! ;)

hola_lo2002

I just receive my vitamins:drunk::yawn:!! I completed day 2 today!!!! I take both pills at once. this way, I don't forget taking one during the day. I don't know if that's going to affect the results though..... I'm so excited y'all:spinning:!!

FoxyMoxie

I agree with divinelyunique. Initially I too did not have healthy hair practices and begin taking them last year after having to cut my damaged hair to ear length :nono:. It definitely helped grow my hair at a faster rate and I knew nothing about dusting ends or moisturizing and sealing during that time. And since I just can't seem to get myself to swallow pills, opening the capsule is such a convenience. My pictures at the bottom will show you the truth. During that time my hair seemed to grow in with a softer texture. At the time I really did see results but if I would have taken care of it then maybe I would not be at ear length again :wallbash:. My only problem with them is that they are pricey for only a month's supply. Since I'm in college I need to cut the spending. Bottom line: Look at my pikistrip for proof it does work! HTH

yodie

Thanks for the reviews ladies. tressNdistress, I can see the growth.
Today is day 8 for me. Can't wait to see the outcome after two months.

Last edited:

yodie

Anyone else taking Hairfinity? Feedback?
My nails are really growing. Forget nails. I want thickness and length.