Roller set with sponge rollers !!!

buffalosoldier

I did one yesterday and the results are basically the same as with magnetic rollers. I wish I knew this earlier !!!!

No more sitting under the dryer for hours
I simply put them in last night and slept like a baby. (My days of sleeping in magnetic rollers are over)

I made my own satin covered rollers.
Anyone else rollerset on sponge rollers?

Connie

Satin covered rollers..now there's an idea. I've always used sponge rollers (with those little roller papers you put on them to protect your hair) when I want to curl my hair. I have a curling iron that I rarely use because I noticed that constant use makes my ends split.

dreemssold

No, I haven't but I'd like to. Can you tell me more about how you did it, BS? Setting lotion, oils? Scarf or bonnet? What size rollers? Thanks in advance, because I know my limitations--magnetic rollers and I would not mesh--but this, I might be able to do /images/graemlins/smile.gif!

bocagirl

If you use these rollers on wet hair, doesn't it take very long to dry. I'm thinking that the water from the hair would soak into the rollers.

buffalosoldier

I washed and condished then applied a leave in (rusk brilliance) put a bit of sweet almond oil on ends and rolled it using an end paper.
I put on a satin cap and went to sleep ZZZZZ

It is still a tiny bit damp this morning and the rollers are a bit squished but it's alright. I could easily go over it with the curling or flat iron and have it looking really nice.

I bought some cheap large sponge rollers from the $ store and covered them with a satiny type material. It cost me $4 for 24.

I refuse to sleep in magnetic rollers. My hair takes absolutely hours to dry - a normal roller set is a whole day affair for me (even with the dryer) and I just dont have the patience.
Goody makes these deluxe hardish covered sponge rollers but they are expensive. $5 for 8. Ive seen them at rite aid.

SandySea

I used sponge rollers many years ago, and my mom always rolled my bangs with a sponge roller. They are much more comfy to sleep in than magnetics or mesh. But, they used to leave a dent on every rolled section of hair. Does this happen to you?

Connie

[ QUOTE ]
bocagirl said:
I use the satin covered ones at times (It sounded like you used it on wet hair) Did you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no...I use sponge rollers on dry hair (always when I curl). I've used that Miss Cool setting lotion a few times (do they still make that??), but I used it on dry hair. It made my hair greasy, though. Maybe I didn't use it right. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif