Texlax FAIL!!!

I HATE when I get a fresh relaxer and my hair is bone straight. Because of this I tried doing a texlax. I watched a couple YouTube video, read up on it and thought I would be able to pull it off. I used ORS Olive Oil relaxer. Since I was doing a self texlax and it was my 1st time, I was kinda scared and rinsed the relaxer out too early. :wallbash: The relaxer did not take at all and my hair looks like I did nothing to it. What I want to know is how soon can try to do it again and is it safe to go over the hair that I previously tried to texlax?

Nasdaq_Diva

I don't think that would be a good idea..but then again I'm natural and have never texlaxed. I will say though, that it's better to not have 'relaxed' the pattern enough than to have relaxed it too well and your hair looks relaxed - which isn't the look you're going for anyway.

Mrs. Verde

I'm natural. However, I think you need to wait at least 4-6 weeks before you try again. If it were me I would wait at least 2 months. The last thing you want to do is damage your hair.

miss stress

whn I accidentally underprocess myself, I weave it up till its time to relax again (10-16 weeks) so Im not tempted to relax again and dont have to manipulate the 2 textures too much causing damage

renren

Hey im texturized, you can see what my hair looks like in my album. IMO you have 2 options:

I would suggest that you wait 2 weeks then try again, IF you cannot easily differentiate the processed hair fron your natural hair. Why 2 weeks? (btw do protein deep conditions during this period) because you dont want to wait until there is too much new growth...that would make it alot more difficult when it comes to timing the process. Although the hair is underprocessed, it is still processed to some degree, your new growth would be completely natural. If you wait until you have alot of new growth you run the risk of 1. overprocessing the already processed hair or 2. underprocessing your new growth again thus continuing the cycle of doing correctives.

OR

Wait 4-6 weeks IF you can easily identify your new growth from the processed hair,like this ^^^^~~~~~
For this process you would coat the processed hair with conditioner or oils or grease and then apply the relaxer. From root to tip. btw are your ends relaxed bone straight? if they are then you would apply from root to the line of demarcation...not on relaxed hair.

For either process I suggest that you gather your shed hair and experiment with the relaxer timing how long it take for you to get the desired curl pattern (if you have very different textures on you head, be sure to get hair of each pattern). Make sure your rinse the relaxer from the strands and wait for them to dry before determining the processing time to use. Also, if it takes you a long time to apply the relaxer to your hair (not smoothing ofcourse) then you should do it section by section, washing the relaxer out of one section before going to the other. This ensures that you acheive a more or less uniform curl pattern. I was being lazy the last time I texturized and I didnt do this...I just took relaxer and passed it through my hair after putting conditioner on my ends, I didnt even section the hair into quarters..needless to say I got a few straight pieces to the front of my hair (the length) and underprocessed roots:wallbash: So dont be lazy like me, time it like a science.

Sorry for the long post...:blush:

HTH..Good luck!