Affirm perm

gn1g

I would like to switch to the affirm perm system and wondering if anyone here uses it? If so how long and what condition is your hair? Is it a lye perm or no-lye?

My friend uses it and her hair is in excellent beautiful condition.

chelleypie810

I used to use it b/c no stylists offered my perm..I wouldn't reccommend. I didn't like it at all, but everyones hair is different.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I used to use it before switching to design essentials. I didnt really pay much attention to my hair then but it wasn't damaged i guess. I could post a pic if you'd like but I think results may vary depending on your hair.

MonaRae

I just started using the whole Affirm product line and I love it. Its the best product line for my fine hair.

NIN4eva

I just started using the whole Affirm product line and I love it. Its the best product line for my fine hair.

It's lye. I have fine hair too. I've used it 3 times (the moisturizing system) after being natural for 2 years. I use all of the steps with it and follow the directions to the letter and I love it. You MUST be sure to base your scalp properly when using lye. The second time I used it I underprocessed, but that was my fault. I was trying out a new idea (a bad idea) to prevent overlapping. I did a corrective 4 weeks later with my sprush and I was good to go. I'll probably never use another relaxer.

They have different relaxer systems. You'll need to do your research before picking the best one for your hair type.

danysedai

I use Affirm lye mild, and I LOVE it. I was using the normal strength and it was too much, my hair has gotten much much better since I switched to mild (4a/b hair). I bought the system (positive link and the 5-in-1 reconstructor and neutralizing shampoo), they require a license at the only BSS that carries it in my city but after flirting with the owner lol he sold it to me, I buy the huge tub and it lasts me a year or more. I like it because it has the lye content on the outside of the tub and it doesn't burn at all. I will never use any other relaxer (closes eyes and covers ears remembering Alter Ego relaxer thread).

Embyra

i was thinking of switching after i joined this site....because people were saying it thins the hair
but when i thought about it i have been using it for over 10 years and i havent had any issues with it
also most of the people who reported thinning of the hair their hairdresser wasnt using any of the steps to go with the relaxer or would charge them extra for each step

My hair dresser never used any of the steps with it EVER luckily i never saw any issues with my hair but as im now soon to be ending a long stretch i will be using all steps and seeing if i notice a difference:yep:

panamoni

I really loved the Affirm system (all the steps) -- my old stylist used to use.
I did not like Affirm Fiberguard. My hair felt kind of dry/hard...IDK how to explain.

MonaRae

My hair dresser said he likes it because it only breaks 30% of your hairs bond and not 50% the other relaxers.

gn1g

I use Affirm lye mild, and I LOVE it. I was using the normal strength and it was too much, my hair has gotten much much better since I switched to mild (4a/b hair). I bought the system (positive link and the 5-in-1 reconstructor and neutralizing shampoo), they require a license at the only BSS that carries it in my city but after flirting with the owner lol he sold it to me, I buy the huge tub and it lasts me a year or more. I like it because it has the lye content on the outside of the tub and it doesn't burn at all. I will never use any other relaxer (closes eyes and covers ears remembering Alter Ego relaxer thread).

how do you keep it? refrigerated?

gn1g

If I may chime in again, I actually have coarse fine hair. Fine hair can still be resistant hair.

How well I know. I have a section of fine resistant hair and the other hair is normal fine, in fact the normal fine could probably use relaxing about twice a year while the other section needs it about every 6 weeks. ::sigh::

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've always thought, read, been told, that Affirm and the entire Coordinating Product Line was one of 'the best' on the Market.:yep:

Personally, I've been using Mizani Butter Blends Lye (Regular), which I love, but would not rule a product like "Affirm" out, based on reviews.

~NanCeBoTwin~

I've been using Affirm No Lye for a good 3 years. I love it, I've only strayed once and that was to use Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive Oil No Lye Relaxer, which was good also. However, I went back to Affirm.

WaistLengthDreams

I've used affirm for my entire perm life. I started with Affirm Lye then I had a period where I would switch between lye and no-lye (sensitive scalp). Since I've been self-relaxing, I'm using the Affirm No-lye (Fiberguard system). Once I've used up all the little tubs of that I'll probably switch pack to the sensitive scalp (No-lye) because the fiberguard system takes a long time to process my hair to the desired straightness. At the end of the day, I don't think I'll ever try anything other than Affirm. JMHO.

My hair is medium to fine. Now, I self relax. My hair is currently grazing APL. And I :love: affirm relaxers.

RZILYNT

Many have had excellent results, but I found that after a year of using, that it was too drying for my hair and switched to Mizani Butter Blend. I use Lye products.

RZ~

gn1g

I purchased the affirm system today, ::expensive:: and applied it to my hair and am loving the results. I will stick to it for a while.

The shop owner said the lye and the no-lye relaxer both require activator. Is that true?

DeepBluSea

My last relaxer was Affirm. My hair was the healthiest it's ever been with a relaxer. If I ever relax again, I would go back to Affirm. I'm 4b/c. Coarse hair.