Static hair what does this mean?

sunshinne368

Hello ladies! So today I got my hair wash/conditioned,flat iron, and trim by my beautician. For the second time I had lots of static when she began to flat iron, and my ends were constantly tangled! Now after the trim the static decrease some. My hair was really straight and had lots of shine and bounce! She asked what products I use (which now is mostly Hairveda). Also the night before I conditoned on dry hair with Redken Smooth down and Alter Ego Lineseed conditioner and few squarts of Cocasta oil from Hairveda! Has this happend with anyone? Help me out please I don't like the static :wallbash:

Forever in Bloom

You mean that lovely popping sound? :rolleyes: I haven't heard that in a long time actually - like over 14 years. My mom used to tell me that it meant my hair was really healthy :look: It happened only when I used heat on my hair or when my hair was being brushed. It never caused tangles or split ends though.

lildhe

You mean that lovely popping sound? :rolleyes: I haven't heard that in a long time actually - like over 14 years. My mom used to tell me that it meant my hair was really healthy :look: It happened only when I used heat on my hair or when my hair was being brushed. It never caused tangles or split ends though.

Yeah , what she said...I got my hair washed and flatironed on Sat and my stylist said that static hair was a sign of healthy hair....my hair did have alot of movement and shine...i just cant for the life of me make it to apl:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::i have no idea what Im doing WRONG!!!!!!:wallbash:

naturalgurl

I suffer from staticy hair, especially when I was relaxed. My hair was far from healthy then. I heard rubbing a dryer sheet cuts it out but don't know about the perfumes in it...

my hair used to do that after i would flat iron with oil free products my stylist said to put a little coating of oil in my hair after im done to add a little weight to it that realy did help i use to try it with a serum but that only made it worse

sunshinne368

Thank you ladies! I also was told about prospority (sp?) control! My hair is healthy, but think something is missing to lay the cuticle down! What do you ladies think?

lexi84

Has anyone noticed that this only happens when its dry and cold outside. Maybe I'm going out on a limb with this, but I think its from your hair being dry. This only happens to me in the winter time after a fresh wash, blowdry and flat iron. If there is no moisturizer in my hair then I get that static-y thing happening. After my hair has been properly moisturized it goes away.

I was sure it was because of dryness.:yep:

sunshinne368

Has anyone noticed that this only happens when its dry and cold outside. Maybe I'm going out on a limb with this, but I think its from your hair being dry. This only happens to me in the winter time after a fresh wash, blowdry and flat iron. If there is no moisturizer in my hair then I get that static-y thing happening. After my hair has been properly moisturized it goes away.

I was sure it was because of dryness.:yep:

I was thinking the same thing too. It went away once I added chi silk infusion!

chebaby

my stylist used to tell me that meant my hair had LIFE lol. so i guess thats right with the ladies that said healthy.

MonaRae

When my hair was healthy I had this same issue. Back then (many moons again) I kept my hair wrapped and outside my hooded dryer I did not use heat.