Any miracle results with biotin?

P

Paradox

I started taking 200mcg along with vitamin B complex last week,
I want to know for those who take biotin...
How long have you been taking biotin ?
How long did it take for you to see results?
What were the results?
Did your hair grow any faster?
How many mcg did you take?
What brand of boitin did you take?

thanks so much!

P

Paradox

anyone in the vitamin challenge that are seeing results with biotin?

Son26

For about nine months.

I saw results after about three months.

What were the results?
I had a growth spurt (gained two inches) and then it slowed down.

Nope, but it made my nails grow really long.

I think it's called Sundown.

P

Paradox

I know alot of people are using biotin?? but I need to see some personal experience on how it has benefited others.

Fine 4s

The closest I've ever gotten to Biotin is in my multi vits or in the MillCreek conditioner I got at Marshalls called Biotin Conditioner. They have Keratin Conditioner too....

Zenobia61

I tried biotin , 5 mg per day...yes, that's a lot, but I was taking the Solaray tangy-flavored vits and didn't mind taking one a day at all. I took them for approx. a month and didn't really see a diff in my hair growth, but after the first month, my face broke out horribly with large cyst-like bumps. That was enough for me.. no biotin since then , but I am still tempted from time to time. I know many others that have had excellent results from upping their vitamins, but I think it's different strokes for some of us..

P

Paradox

I tried biotin , 5 mg per day...yes, that's a lot, but I was taking the Solaray tangy-flavored vits and didn't mind taking one a day at all. I took them for approx. a month and didn't really see a diff in my hair growth, but after the first month, my face broke out horribly with large cyst-like bumps. That was enough for me.. no biotin since then , but I am still tempted from time to time. I know many others that have had excellent results from upping their vitamins, but I think it's different strokes for some of us..
did you take it with a vitamin b complex?

Zenobia61

No, I didn't do it right at all. I loved the taste of these vits so I would just pop one (sometimes two) in my mouth and chew it like candy. :nono:

joyandfaith

Biotin finally strikes back...:ohwell:

I'm literally to the last 2 pills of my 60 day supply and I thought I was out of the woods (away from all the bumps people talk about with Biotin). Oh no, I kid you not, I have been developing a bump every 20 minutes for the last 5 hours. Its amazing. My body has finally started reacting to this stuff :sad: No more for me.

sensiblesista

I've been taking 5000 mcg of biotin from Nature's Bounty that i got a CVS for about two months along with a my multivitamin which contains various B vitamins. I don't think it's made much a dramatic difference in my hair growth. My hair seems about the same to me. but my nails are diamond strong now when before they used to just peal and break off every week. I'm almost done with my first bottle and i think i'll be repurchasing it, just for the nail benefits.

I also didn't get any breakouts from biotin which is a relief after all the horror stories i read about it.

starfish

4 months

3.5 months

What were the results?
Thick thick hair, and I'm a fine strand, fine haired lady!
My hair is usually wet and in a bun, and even when I got my regular perm I couldn't tell the difference because it's bone straight and flat ironed. it wasn't until I had to rollerset 3 weeks ago for an event that I noticed the difference. My friends said it was so thick it looked like a weave, and I had several women at the event do the 'hand to the back of your hair to feel for tracks' move.

When I take it down from the bun I have thick crazy Chaka Khan hair!

I don't think so, my hair grows pretty fast anyways.

5000 mcg

Jarrow Formulas

One more thing: I had a horrible breakout when I tried to take Biotin last year. This year I was on the acne medication Accutane, so I took biotin and a mutli B vitamin too. I don't know if my breakout was from Accutane or biotin. I had to stop taking Accutane 3 weeks ago and haven't taken the Biotin since. Since reading this thread, I took a biotin today, (with B-complex) and I'm going to start by taking one biotin a week and slowly increasing the dosage, adding on an extra day every 2 weeks. I think starting very very slowly is key to preventing the potential for an acne side effect.

HTH!

P

Paradox

Biotin finally strikes back...:ohwell:

I'm literally to the last 2 pills of my 60 day supply and I thought I was out of the woods (away from all the bumps people talk about with Biotin). Oh no, I kid you not, I have been developing a bump every 20 minutes for the last 5 hours. Its amazing. My body has finally started reacting to this stuff :sad: No more for me.
have you been taking it with vitamin B complex,that helps a bit.

P

Paradox

4 months

3.5 months

What were the results?
Thick thick hair, and I'm a fine strand, fine haired lady!
My hair is usually wet and in a bun, and even when I got my regular perm I couldn't tell the difference because it's bone straight and flat ironed. it wasn't until I had to rollerset 3 weeks ago for an event that I noticed the difference. My friends said it was so thick it looked like a weave, and I had several women at the event do the 'hand to the back of your hair to feel for tracks' move.

When I take it down from the bun I have thick crazy Chaka Khan hair!

I don't think so, my hair grows pretty fast anyways.

5000 mcg

Jarrow Formulas

One more thing: I had a horrible breakout when I tried to take Biotin last year. This year I was on the acne medication Accutane, so I took biotin and a mutli B vitamin too. I don't know if my breakout was from Accutane or biotin. I had to stop taking Accutane 3 weeks ago and haven't taken the Biotin since. Since reading this thread, I took a biotin today, (with B-complex) and I'm going to start by taking one biotin a week and slowly increasing the dosage, adding on an extra day every 2 weeks. I think starting very very slowly is key to preventing the potential for an acne side effect.

HTH!
I would love thicker hair! I hope I get this benefit, thanks for sharing.

P

Paradox

No, I didn't do it right at all. I loved the taste of these vits so I would just pop one (sometimes two) in my mouth and chew it like candy. :nono:
at least you enjoyed taking the biotin, I hate popping all these pills.

joyandfaith

have you been taking it with vitamin B complex,that helps a bit.

There is a good amount of B-complex in the multi packet that I take so I haven't been taking a separate B-complex. Today I didn't eat breakfast so I didn't want to take my vitamins (sometimes they make me sick if I take them without eating). Therefore, I took the Biotin and then it was 2 hours before I took the rest of my vitamins. I'm seriously wondering if that 2 hour head start without the other vitamins allowed it to get in my blood stream more than normal and start causing bumps :perplexed. Thats crazy if it worked that fast, but I really think so.

2themax

Hi. Sorry it took so long to answer. Just read your thread....

How long have you been taking biotin ? 2 months.

How long did it take for you to see results? 1 week. (I believe this is because I was already taking some vits with Biotin in them).

What were the results? Skin break-outs (a few), nails grew like crazy, scalp itched a lot!! Hair keeps getting thicker and stronger.

Did your hair grow any faster? Yes! and I also take MSM, B-Complex, B-12, etc. & drink plenty of water!

How many mcg did you take? Biotin (10,000 mcg/day) A lot but....drink extra water (this will also clear the bumps - it did for me).

What brand of boitin did you take? GNC

Hope this helps - Take Care.

Last edited:
P

Paradox

Hi. Sorry it took so long to answer. Just read your thread....

How long have you been taking biotin ? 2 months.

How long did it take for you to see results? 1 week. (I believe this is because I was already taking some vits with Biotin in them).

What were the results? Skin break-outs (a few), nails grew like crazy, scalp itched a lot!! Hair keeps getting thicker and stronger.

Did your hair grow any faster? Yes! and I also take MSM, B-Complex, B-12, etc. & drink plenty of water!

How many mcg did you take? Biotin (10,000 mcg/day) A lot but....drink extra water (this will also clear the bumps - it did for me).

What brand of boitin did you take? GNC

Hope this helps - Take Care.
I really appreciate the details:grin:

For the last 3 months ( on and off )

Within 3 weeks.

What were the results?
New growth came in thick and I got about 3/4 inch of new growth.

Yes, I got more than usual new growth

I took 300mcg, every other day

Nature's Bounty

anon123

No results yet. I've been taking it for about a month now. I was hoping to at least see results in these balding spots at my temples. Since there's very little hair there, I thought even a month's worth of growth would be noticeable. I've been taking pictures and nothing yet. I take 2000 mcgs a day.

P

Paradox

For the last 3 months ( on and off )

Within 3 weeks.

What were the results?
New growth came in thick and I got about 3/4 inch of new growth.

Yes, I got more than usual new growth

I took 300mcg, every other day

Nature's Bounty
It's good to someone that took a smaller dose and still see results.

P

Paradox

No results yet. I've been taking it for about a month now. I was hoping to at least see results in these balding spots at my temples. Since there's very little hair there, I thought even a month's worth of growth would be noticeable. I've been taking pictures and nothing yet. I take 2000 mcgs a day.
Maybe you wasn't deficient in biotin to start off with,
I'm not sure though, thanks for the response!

Nayeli

Ive been taking Biotin for 20 weeks (with a B-complex)

Took me about 5 weeks to see results.

The results were my having to cut my usual 14 week stretch to 11 weeks. I've NEVER had to do that before Biotin.

My hair is definitely growing faster.

I take 5000 mcg's a day, the brand is Rexall

I AM A BIOTIN PUSHER!!!

Zenobia61

Thanks for starting this thread, Oneya. I'm learning a lot....I think I will try biotin again with the B-complex supplements and drink lots of water from the start . :yep:

P

Paradox

Ive been taking Biotin for 20 weeks (with a B-complex)

Took me about 5 weeks to see results.

The results were my having to cut my usual 14 week stretch to 11 weeks. I've NEVER had to do that before Biotin.

My hair is definitely growing faster.

I take 5000 mcg's a day, the brand is Rexall

I AM A BIOTIN PUSHER!!!
Wow having to cut your usual 14 week stretch is definitely a sign of faster growth, just what I need! thanks for your input!

P

Paradox

Thanks for starting this thread, Oneya. I'm learning a lot....I think I will try biotin again with the B-complex supplements and drink lots of water from the start . :yep:
no problem! it took awhile to get some responses, but I am glad I continued to bump it up because this info is very helpful.

P

Paradox

looking for more responses, I know WAY more people on here take biotin..don't be selfish share the good news!

joyandfaith

Everyone, please disregard my previous posts.

We now think that my bumps are actually an allergic reaction to mosquito bites. They are not due to Biotin. Sorry for the mis-information. :wallbash: