***12 inches in 12 months challenge- update month 9***

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
How is everyone doing?

I found out that I have been measuring wrong all this time so I don't know how much I have actually gained. I know it is no where near twelve inches.

My hair is still doing well!

Sorry so late on this. I have been so busy it kind of slipped my mind!

hotshot

i just did a trim yesterday-the first one since april. it was much needed but should keep me on the right path. i definitely got growth this summer. they key is to KEEP 12 inches, and for me that is the challenge. . . i will keep using ego boost and stop messing with SLS shampoos.

Mariaat40

[ QUOTE ]
How is everyone doing?

I found out that I have been measuring wrong all this time so I don't know how much I have actually gained. I know it is no where near twelve inches.

[/ QUOTE ]

How were you measuring wrong? Just to make sure I'm not doing the same thing. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How is everyone doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

How were you measuring wrong? Just to make sure I'm not doing the same thing. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't know. The pictures prove my hair is growing well but when I measured in the past I would keep getting the same thing regardless of the obviouse length changes. I now let one of my hair buddies measure for me so I can be more accurate.

Maybe the tape kept slipping I don't know what I did!!

Mariaat40

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How is everyone doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't know. The pictures prove my hair is growing well but when I measured in the past I would keep getting the same thing regardless of the obviouse length changes. I now let one of my hair buddies measure for me so I can be more accurate.

Maybe the tape kept slipping I don't know what I did!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow....weird. Were you using a soft measuring tape? I found that my measurements were inconsistent when I used one of those hard, retractable measuring tapes.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

LABETT

I am doing pretty good since adding Delinea to my regimen I got slack with the protein shakes though.
I have gotten a little over a inch the last couple of months with surging.

Chipmunk

I'm no where 12 inches either /images/graemlins/frown.gif (or 8in, I mean) . The very sides of my hair are doing well, and I think they may have gained an inch last month. The back and top doesn't seem to be doing so well.

Ipanema

Well, my hair didn't grow much last month, but it normally grows faster in the fall/winter, so I'm still hoping to get that 6 inches in 6 months (I started in June).

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
I am doing pretty good since adding Delinea to my regimen I got slack with the protein shakes though.
I have gotten a little over a inch the last couple of months with surging.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great! Does that put you closer to the 12 inches.

I know a lot of us probably won't reach the entire 12 inches but it is nothing wrong with challenging ourselves to do so!! We have probably learned a lot about our hair through this challenge.

laketta

I'll be lucky if I touch the top of my bracup by the end of the year. I still have 1.5 inches before I reach that and 3 before I get to brastrap. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

WaterMoccasin

Well, to tell the truth, I have kept about 4 inches- 2 in the spring and 2 in the summer...if even that much...but at least 3 and a half. I think I can make 6 for the year- in fact, I'm almost sure, which definitely, definitely puts me waaay behind. But I'm cool with 6. 8 would be even better and a personal record, but seeing as how I usually keep only 2-3 a year once my hair reaches its 'usual' length, and my hair reached its 'usual' length last year, I have already surpassed my usual retention! In fact, my hair is at its longest point now since I was 10!