W"HIP" Length 2012 Challenge!

prospurr4

Like @cocosweet, I was going to stop at WL, too, but it will probably still not be enough length for me :look:, so....I'm in. I'll post starting pics in December.

A) List your Reggie
Cowash weekly, or every 2 weeks; rollerset or airdry in twists. No Direct Heat. Touchup every 7-9 weeks, and shampoo, as needed, to remove buildup. I wear mostly low manipulation hairstyles so I won't have to mess with my hair too much.

B) # of inches til whip or hip length
About 2" from Whip and 5" from Hip

C) Tell us your LHCF HL goal idol
Any 4b who has reached between WL to HL with a full hemline; natural, texlaxed or relaxed

WaistLengthDreams

Hey ladies, I'd like to join this challenge.

A) List your Reggie: Once a week: Wash, Use a protein reconstructor, condition, leave-in and airdry in a braided ponytail. Occassionally flat ironing for certain occasions.
B) # of inches til whip or hip length: 6 inches. I'm grazing BSL at 24" and striving for 30" (whip length :grin:)
C) Tell us your LHCF HL goal idol: all of the whip length ladies, especially the relaxed ones. :yep:

mssoconfused

I wanna join as well! I'm about 4 inches from WL and going for HL by Ded 2012.

So far my routine will be to steam weekly, co-wash 3-4 days a week, seal w/ coconut oil, Shea, and cocoa butter. Protein treatments monthly. No heat until December.

I'm looking to add sulfur to the mix starting this week.

bigbrowneyez

I'm in! This is my place holder for now until I relax at years end and post a starting pic. I'll update my regi then too!

JJamiah

:woohoo:

I am so IN! :grin:

Thanks for starting this bebezazueta

I am wigging it until APRIL! 2012.

I have about 4 inches until WHIP Length. I am waist length right now!

My Idols are: TOY of course, Ms. Kibibi, and Jupitermoon
All have beautiful Hair!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I'm in!

A) Rinse and condition daily, moisturize and seal. Airdry in a braid or bun. Shampoo and DC every 14 days, Relax every 3-6 months (depends on how my hair is behaving).

B) 7 inches from WHip length and 5 from waist. I put the towel at my waist in the pic attached.

C) Idols: Anyone relaxed and WL and beyond.

Attachments

• Sept. 23 024.JPG
    Sept. 23 024.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 91

bebezazueta

Welcome WHip Divas!

I updated the challengers list. Gorgeous Gorgeous heads of hair in here. I'm really not worthy but I'm proud to be amongst the best!:yep:

bebezazueta

I've been contemplating a blunt cut in December to BSL. But I'm also thinking about continuing my monthly dusting and let my V grow out to HL and then blunt cut to MBL. Some say they are lead hairs and the rest will catch up but I don't know if that's the case for me. But I'm willing to wait til December to further evaluate.

Anyone else contemplating a blunt cut?

mEmYSELFaNDj

I've been contemplating a blunt cut in December to BSL. But I'm also thinking about continuing my monthly dusting and let my V grow out to HL and then blunt cut to MBL. Some say they are lead hairs and the rest will catch up but I don't know if that's the case for me. But I'm willing to wait til December to further evaluate.

I am. In decemeber I plan on doing a blunt cut at WL. whatever hairs are passing WL at that time will be cut. Anything less than Wl will not be touched. I just want to even things out. And make it a little more uniform and move on to Whip length from there

bebezazueta

Thanks! I'm MBL now and 2 inches from WL So if I make WL in December I'll cut back to MBL and go to Whip from there. IDK so many options. I may just dust monthly and blunt cut at HL! final decision maybe. LOL

constance

My plan is to cut probably to WL or maybe in a "U" no shorter than WL in Dec. I haven't trimmed since 10/9 so the ends are uneven although healthy. That's the rub--the ends are split-free and in good condition so I'm unsure. And I hardly wear it straight so no one can really see if it's uneven or not. Hummm...

constance

IKR! If the ends were split it's a no brainer but since they aren't and I either bun or rollerset anyway why blunt cut it?

I know. I'm 70/30 on leaving it alone and, really, the idea of trimming is too upsetting. Like my hair would be bleeding.;) Totally obsessed, I know. (What does "IKR" mean?)

mEmYSELFaNDj

I actually want to start wearing my hair straight more often, maybe once a month or every other month in 2012, so I do want to get it all evened out, get rid of some knots and the few splits I may have. Plus I havent trimmed since Dec 2008, so I'd say im due. lol

CurlyMoo

This seems like a cool challenge. Not sure if I should join, just here to support. I'm so glad that some of you ladies have decided to surpass WL. Nice to see other ladies besides myself who want beyond WL hair.

bebezazueta

CurlyMoo please join us. We can learn something from each other and enjoy this journey together

mEmYSELFaNDj uhm girl you have to school us on how to go so long without a trim and still have hair on your head! BTW, I was scrolling through LHCF & your update pics and the hubby looked over my shoulder and said hey that's Gabrielle Union!

mEmYSELFaNDj

@CurlyMoo please join us. We can learn something from each other and enjoy this journey together

@mEmYSELFaNDj uhm girl you have to school us on how to go so long without a trim and still have hair on your head! BTW, I was scrolling through LHCF & your update pics and the hubby looked over my shoulder and said hey that's Gabrielle Union!

LOL thats so funny, for some reason I get that a lot. But I dont see it :look:. But I'll take it tho :yep:. hehe

And as far as trimming, or actually not trimming goes, I just dont do it! Started my hair journey in mid 2009 doing back to back weave installs for a little over a year, so basically 100% protective styles, so that way I was able to retain everything without my ends being too damaged, if at all. In the last year I've been wearing my hair out more often which is starting to take a little toll on my ends and I want to even out my natural layers because my crown grows slower than the nape, which is why I have decided to do the trim in Dec.

Long story short: Key to keeping hair on your head without trimming is Low to No Manipulation Protective styles, oh and moisture moisture moisture.

Last edited:

bebezazueta

Thanks girl for that lesson.

Just moisturized with HE LTR & sealed with sunflower oil and did the side bun. Im gonna up my henna applications, PS & M/S my way to whip length.

WHAT ARE YOU LADIES DOING TO RETAIN SO FAR IN YOUR HAIR JOURNEY?

bebezazueta

Hello ladies any updates?

I know it's early but I now have 5 inches left to HL! YAY! now it seems attainable. I just did henna last night and will not flat iron til I reach my goal! Retain retain retain! I hope I can get 2 inches by end of December to finish the year off strong.

HHG!

baladi0822

I would like to join if it's not too late!

A) List your Reggie
Wash & DC once/twice a week, apply leave in and oil and air dry in two/four braids, bun, moisturize as needed, search & destroy as needed.
I don't know- will measure when I get home
I'm kinda new so I don't know many people yet :(

I will post starting picture end of November when I rollerset for a length check. For now, this is my hair as of July 2011 (I dusted 1/4 inch after that which was hardly noticeable):
25July282011.JPG

nerdography

List your Reggie
I'm relaxing tomorrow, so I'm figuring it out as I go. Possibly:
-Wash 1x a week with sulfate free shampoo
-Co-wash 1x a week with cheap conditioner
-Moisturize daily
-Wear a bun as a protective style

# of inches til whip or hip length
Not sure, my natural hair stretched is MBL, but I may have to trim.

I have no idea, there to many.

I'm going to post pics tomorrow after I've relaxed and trimmed.

Lucia

I'm not planning a blunt cut until HL or just passed. Chasing blunt ends is what set me back length wise in the first place so I'm leaving my ends alone an continue to dust and S&D my ends when needed. I just dusted this week so I'm done for at least 2-3 months.

Last edited:

regina07

Beautiful hair and WELCOME!

I would like to join if it's not too late!

A) List your Reggie
Wash & DC once/twice a week, apply leave in and oil and air dry in two/four braids, bun, moisturize as needed, search & destroy as needed.
I don't know- will measure when I get home
I'm kinda new so I don't know many people yet :(

I will post starting picture end of November when I rollerset for a length check. For now, this is my hair as of July 2011 (I dusted 1/4 inch after that which was hardly noticeable):
View attachment 125719

bebezazueta

It's not too late join. WELCOME!

Lucia thanks for that advice. I'm convinced to continue my dusting and stop chasing blunt ends. It's good to know I'm not alone. Blunt at hip sounds yummy

DesignerCurls

I am IN!
This is my placeholder. I will be back at the end of the month when I do my length check with my status and reggie.

Ok so I still have not done an official length check. I'm trying to wait as long as I can. So I don't have an length check pic yet

A) List your Reggie
~Wash once a week (for now)
~Deep condition once a week
~Henna once a month
~Protein treatment once a month (to restore curl because henna loosens them)
~PS most of the time & if I wear my hair out, it's on the weekends

Not sure yet...hope not far!

C) Tell us your LHCF HL goal inspiration
All the ladies with healthy WL or longer hair

Blessedwithabundance14

I have slacked off a bit on the hair regimen due to being pregnant and tired. I have heard that you can really get a growth spurt with all the extra hormones, so I am tired but ready to take my hair to new lengths. Did anyone have a lot of growth during pregnancy or is that just a myth? Loving all the beautiful hair I see on this thread:)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF