Type 3s becoming type 4s

dyh080

I have noticed that some people who had type3 a or b hair as children now appear to have type4. They are now relaxing and their hair looks like a relaxed type 4.

Barring illness's effect on hair type , has anyone else here noticed this change in the appearance of type3s.? Just curious.

kblc06

I think my hair was more type 4a/w 3c when I was younger. But now it's more 3b/c with some 4a around the perimeter :ohwell:

Amoreofcurls

Are you referring to baby hair? that's usually is finer in texture and changes with exposure and age.I mean if you sittin' in a sack of amniotic fluid for 9 months yea your hair gon be all juiced up:lol:(nobody better get any ideas :look:)...

There are some people who were born with straight hair and now they are a type 4, and then there are people who get the total opposite...then our hair changes again when we get old n gray...

I was a most likely a 2b/3a when I was a babe that def curled up more each month (I had super shiny jewish curls :lachen:)....a 3b/c as a kid, and now im a 3c/4a all the way. My hair texturewise is still the same...Oddly enough, I was able to get the best puffs n fro's back then....guess i'll post pics:lol:

Either the people you see hair type has changed with puberty (which is normal) or they are probably still are 3s but dry 3s...

You wanna know what I wanna know??? Why the hail do some people still have baby hurrs?...I always thought they fall off or grow out when you become an adult, yet I steel have these ****'s...

Attachments

• tthyyh.jpg
    tthyyh.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Untitleddfgergr.jpg
    Untitleddfgergr.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Untitledwwtwt.jpg
    Untitledwwtwt.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Carisa

Are you referring to baby hair? that's usually is finer in texture and changes with exposure and age.I mean if you sittin' in a sack of amniotic fluid for 9 months yea your hair gon be all juiced up:lol:(nobody better get any ideas :look:)...

:lol: Thank u @Amoreofcurls! I will be starting a amniotic fluid juicing thread immediately!

BostonMaria

There are some people who were born with straight hair and now they are a type 4, and then there are people who get the total opposite...then our hair changes again when we get old n gray...

I was a most likely a 2b/3a when I was a babe that def curled up more each month (I had super shiny jewish curls :lachen:)....a 3b/c as a kid, and now im a 3c/4a all the way. My hair texturewise is still the same...Oddly enough, I was able to get the best puffs n fro's back then....guess i'll post pics:lol:

Either the people you see hair type has changed with puberty (which is normal) or they are probably still are 3s but dry 3s...

You wanna know what I wanna know??? Why the hail do some people still have baby hurrs?...I always thought they fall off or grow out when you become an adult, yet I steel have these ****'s...

LMAO Are we going to start an amniotic fluid challenge now? :lachen:

I think my hair was the same (3C) as a kid. My mom never let my hair down so its hard to say. I don't remember it being so dry though :rolleyes: but my momma protective styled my hair to DEATH.

I still have baby hairs at the nape area. Even when my hair was relaxed it was exactly the same and never changed textured. Weird.

I did notice that my 21 yr old DD went from a wavy 3A to a very curly 3C when she hit puberty. After she turned 20 her hair went back to wavy 3A. My 13 yr old DD had straight hair as a baby. Then it was 3A around the age of 3 or 4 and now its 3B loose curls. So I think age has something to do with it.

ms.blue

Amnoitic fliud is like a 9 month straight baggy method:lachen:

As a baby my hair was straight w/ some type of curl but as I aged, it went straigh to the 4 category. What I have noticed is that from my first time going to natural to my second, my hair texture has changed a bit. My hair use to be straight 4b and the nape 4a but now as my second time natural, I have more 4a than b but the nape has completely change into the 3 category. I think age has every thing to do w/ hair textue changes.
I also still have baby hairs.

LadyRaider

My baby hurr:

I don't know. If mine was that short, I imagine it'd look about the same.

Attachments

• babypic.jpg
    babypic.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 98

Lynnerie

What in the world!!! Why wouldn't someone's hair/texture change from when they are a baby/child to a grown arse adult? Everything else changes. :look:

Its because of puberty/hormones. Many pregnant women have said that their hair has changed after pregnancy.

Here I am as a baby.

Attachments

• 27859_391283522567_500057567_4197175_4882992_n.jpg
    27859_391283522567_500057567_4197175_4882992_n.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

beana

I dont remember my hair as a child really. All i know is that as an adult I've noticed changes in my hair texture/density. My nape seems to be the area most affected by these changes.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
until i was about 3 years old i had type 3 hair but since then i've been type 4. i thought that was normal.

~~HoneyComb~~

My niece had nearly bone straight hair up until she was a teen in highschool.

All of a sudden her hair texture changed to 3b and she had curls that she didn't know what to do with. She's almost 30 now and has a routine, but it's amazing to see pics of her when she was a pre-teen with straight hair and see her today with her really curly hair.

Anakinsmomma

I honestly couldn't tell you, my Mom put me in a jheri curl at three :nono:. I have noticed after my son my NG grows a little looser... I'm transitioning now and have no clue what type of hair I have.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
My hair was straight as a baby, but morphed into the same texture that I have now at around 1.

Then in prepuberty it turned stick straight for a year or two until it went back to my good old 3c something...

It's definitely hormones IMO.

Nelli04

My hair was a fine 3b/3c up until I was around 9 or 10 months old...My mom says it fell out and grew back 'different' lol

now my strands are thick, a little coarser and 4a/4b (i think) and 3c.

your hair tends to be looser as a baby

kupenda

My parents said I had "a different grade of hair" up until my aunt gave me a relaxer without asking. I think I was 5. And so started my first hhj (hacked hair journey lol). When I had a baldy sometimes I didn't have the money to get a haircut and couldn't get to my barber so I would let it grow. It would curl up into these adorable 3b/3c curls but because I wasnt sure how to care for it (I mean I literally just learned that I need a moisturizer last year lol...where would I be without you wonderful ladies) it was dull and dry as hell. So I relaxed. My new growth is more of a 3c/4a now. So who knows lol maybe hair texture does change

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

BEAUTYU2U

Their true hair texture didn't change. The relaxer has broken off their hair, given them split ends, and in general, damaged the hair so it is frizzier -- which can be mistaken for kinkier.