Monistat 7 for fast hair growth!!

HoneyDew

Poohbear said:
I guess seeing FOTMs like Adrienne0914, Sherrylove, SuperGirl, Zanna, etc. are not enough... they did not use all this stuff like vagina cream and horse grease to grow their hair extremely long. Plus, I haven't seen one single person who uses these so-called growth products with super long hair like Carlie, mija, hairlove, and others who just simply take care of their hair with regular products.

I agree with Divine_Inspiration when she said:Right on girl!!!

God bless you all with whatever you do with your hair.

I agree. I admit that I fell for the hype at one point, but she's right it it crazy! I wish luck to anyone who uses everythign under the sun and pops a bunch of pills, but it just seems unnatural. My health and hair and skin and nails have all thrived from just taking better care of it all. I hope i get results like the ladies that she mentioned in her response to this thread.

i still cannot get some people putting Monistat on their scalps. Not just what is is, but the thought of putting this icky cream anywhere near my hair just seems like too much. I like good growth just like the next chick, but I need style, as well.

chellee

LondonDiva said:
I think for those that want to try it and I can see that do because the number of people viewing these threads, should just pick up the cream miconazole nitrate 2%, as opposed to the brand name monistat which is exactly the same thing. I even came across a guinea pig site for guinea pigs losing their hair and monistat 7 was one of those recommended to treat the guinea pigs. In the UK there is a cream called Daktarin which is a cream with miconazole nitrate 2% as the active ingredient and is listed to treat scalp fungus as one of the listed. I think it's more psychological than anything, people just can't get past the name, and what it's used for, but seem to forget it's used for a whole host of fungal ailments.

I picked up the miconazole nitrate 2% cream on Friday. I have used it for the past three days on my ringworm-like sores on my scalp (I have sd). I have tried a number of approaches to cure/heal my unsightly scalp condition and I am always researching different products and remedies. Different things have worked for me at different times but they were all accompanied by an inconvenience either to my wallet (prescription medication) or to the health of my actual hair (products made to treat the scalp tend to dry the hair). Frequent washing/rinsing seemed to help create an appearance of a healthy scalp but it didn't solve my problem. Plus, who wants to do that for a prolonged period of time? When you ladies began discussing antifungal and antibacterial treatments, a light bulb turned on in my head. I have dry itchy scalp along with sores and scabs. I have thinning in the areas containing scabs because as they lift, they pull my hair out with them. My scalp is EXTREMELY sensitive because of this condition. Anyhow, my sores/scabs have healed. The only things I see when I look in the mirror now are discolored areas where the sores used to be. When I run my fingers through my scalp it is smooth, not raised. The consistency of the cream is similar to neosporin. I have only used it on specific areas and I am happy you all started talking about it. I am hoping the cream will help me to maintain a healthy scalp and as a result allow my thinning areas to fill in. No faster growth requests here, just healthy growth. That's my two cents.

Last edited:

Blaque*Angel

Re: Monistat 7 for fast hair growth!!success

I once had sores in my head and my doctor prescribed Daktarin which contains miconazole nitrate. I didnt use it for growth but my scalp healed nicely.
i was scratching my head like crazy and the miconazole nitrate helped the itchies go. Didn't know it grew hair though hmmmm;)

Last edited:

Mahalialee4

California: You said you were going to try the grease mixture your friend used. Please share what your results have been. Anxious to hear from you. bonjour

pistachio

I think this is the MN thread that got ugly. I see that "California" hasn't posted in about a year. I think it's sad that she isn't around here anymore to see the results some of these ladies are having.

cece22

Folks need to mind there business and stop worry about other people putting coochie cream, and horse oil on there head. It's whateva anybody can do whatever they want to do it's their freakin body. I thank the OP for not being afraid to post I learned a lot about the so call coochie cream. It can be used to effectively treat ring worm on the skin, i'm sure it can be used for more. Plus I just happened to learn something I never knew I am sure the hair care industry doesn't want us to know so we can keep buying similiar expensive stuff for scalp conditions. Than spend for 5.59 for some generic coochie cream that does the same. I and i'm really sure that they don't want us to buy a 16.00 minus shipping 32oz bottle of highly effective and I can attest to that bottle of horse juice. Anywho to each her own don't knock the next trying to look better.

PrincessDiva

pistachio said:
I think this is the MN thread that got ugly. I see that "California" hasn't posted in about a year. I think it's sad that she isn't around here anymore to see the results some of these ladies are having.
I agree it is sad...She was trying to be helpful & got bashed...If you look back, some of the worst bashers are now users!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

HoneyDew

PrincessDiva said:
I agree it is sad...She was trying to be helpful & got bashed...If you look back, some of the worst bashers are now users!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it took someone trying it and actually postign reviews. Last year (I have to find the thread) I did a 4 week test with MN and was like :eek: . I just did not want to use Monistat so I started using Neosporin AF and posted pics after 2 weeks. I was amazed at the growth and just had to share. You know I got crap about it, too!

But it was all good because after more ladies started posting reviews and pics the use of MN because a little more easy for ladies to handle. MTG had the same kind of response. I think sometimes it just take someone trying it. It also helped that we started finding studies and info about the use of Antifungals for hair growth enhancement and hair loss.

metro_qt

HoneyDew said:
I think it took someone trying it and actually postign reviews. Last year (I have to find the thread) I did a 4 week test with MN and was like :eek: . I just did not want to use Monistat so I started using Neosporin AF and posted pics after 2 weeks. I was amazed at the growth and just had to share. You know I got crap about it, too!

But it was all good because after more ladies started posting reviews and pics the use of MN because a little more easy for ladies to handle. MTG had the same kind of response. I think sometimes it just take someone trying it. It also helped that we started finding studies and info about the use of Antifungals for hair growth enhancement and hair loss.

Some people are early adopters and risk takers, and the rest are followers. It's the followers who tend to ridicule and laugh at the risk takers until they actually find out that the rest of the world is 'doing it' or that 'it actually works'

Honey Dew, what made you actually try it even though it seems you were dead set against it in 2005? (lol, your post at the very beginning of this page?) It's great that you actually got growth from it, have you continued using it?

Mahalialee4

So who is still using this and what are your results, particularly Californiag? thank you for any and all replies. bonjour

navsegda

California said:
I made my thread, said what I had to say about this product. My posts are erased when I tell those who are hair challenged to use it who wanna say what they wanna say. Soon as I say something and others laugh about it there erased. Its cool though, I see we have a board Nazi who goes through posts and do as they please and erase at will, when its not necessary :mad: Like I said its cool though, this won't be the only board on the net that have a lot of members, and you won't have to pay to use it!! Please!! This board is bogus!! Gimme my $5 back so I can put it on some more Monistat 7. I don't appreciate it.

LMFAO *wipes tears* "Hair challenged", that was beautiful, I am seriously ROFLMFAO

This thread is the best entertainment on this board I've seen yet.

*falls over* :lachen:

LondonDiva

navsegda said:
LMFAO *wipes tears* "Hair challenged", that was beautiful, I am seriously ROFLMFAO

This thread is the best entertainment on this board I've seen yet.

*falls over* :lachen:

Girl I don't blame her at all for that post.

gn1g got it for Lenzi's Request when she posted
and now Californina

The thing is they are probably 2 of the most popular hair growth aids used on this board.

Plenty

Glamour Girl said:
I mean for grown women all this bashing and rude talk is kinda...hmmm..childish?

I know! You don't have the right to be mean to someone just cause you don't like them...

Mahalialee4

It is a cream ya'll! A cream. A yeast antifungal cream created in a lab! Not the cream from your body or body fluids! A chemical based product! Whatever negatives attached to it should be scientifically based, not because I am are focusing on my private area that I refuse to speak of in such degrading terms as if part of my body is nasty and yucky. I am wonderfully made! Every part of me is part of my temple and it is well kept. If the product is disgusting, then it should not be put on any part of my body....if my feet get a fungus...does that make my feet or the product used to get rid of it...disgusting...get my drift???? Just some food for thought! bonjour

ChocalateDiva

This is the same as the MN that lots of LHCF'er have been raving about. Monistat is a brand name. Miconazole Nitrate (sp?) is the chemical name.

aloof one

This is the same as the MN that lots of LHCF'er have been raving about. Monistat is a brand name. Miconazole Nitrate (sp?) is the chemical name.

I caved today and bought the Walgreens brand... I think they all have virtually the same ingredients though

Anyway...this is OT

WHO IS THAT IN UR SIGGY?:rolleyes:

Softresses

I heard of this a long time ago, the thing was that women in prison who did not have anything else would get it to put on their hair and scalp.

I remember this thread, people were being so negative to each other about it. The Monistat would have to be a quite gentle formula of an antifungal for it's stated purpose. I guess the idea was too much for some people to handle.

I see that people are using it now and getting results from it.

Softresses

ChocalateDiva

I caved today and bought the Walgreens brand... I think they all have virtually the same ingredients though

Anyway...this is OT

That is Terrell Owens- cocky reciever for the Dallas Cowboys. He has made me love some football.:grin: I wish i could have replyed by saying- that is my MAN!:ohwell:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.

Anyway...this is OT

I believe that's former bad boy T.O. (Terrell Owens) he plays for the Cowboys now.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Ok,

This thread is over 2 years old. Has ANYONE gone from one milestone length to another thanks to Monistat?

I'm not talking about extra newgrowth. I wanna hear from those who went from one milestone to another i.e., ear to shoulder, shoulder to armpit or armpit to brastrap, etc. and how long it took you to get there.

Even if folks started using it a year ago, if the cream does all this quick growing, somebody ought to be able to step forward with some milestone testimony, right?

aloof one

I believe that's former bad boy T.O. (Terrell Owens) he plays for the Cowboys now.

oooh he look good!:lick:
i dont even like football players but man...

anyway, yea I second the whole milestone feedback thing, I want to see more pics of people going from like SL to APL with this stuff

SmartyPants

OK... some of you folks are being really nasty about this. If you don't want to use MN, don't use MN. But don't get *****y with folks who decide to use MN. Some of ya'll are worse than the naturals who seem to think people who relax are making back room deals with Satan! :sad:

Kacie

ok, so the count is at 1.

Anybody else?
IMO, it is hard to find landmark progress for any growth aid/method. It usually takes about 2 years to really get a good regi and know your hair likes and dislikes. Sometimes when you're just starting your hair journey, growth aides can hinder your progress because they generally dry out your hair and just makes it harder to handle. I think that there is ZERO correlation b/t increased growth rate and retention. So why is an increased rate of ng not acceptable proof? I hope this makes since.

BTW, I don't use MN now, but I do have a section of my scalp that has always between troublesome (irritated, slow growth). I might try MN on it for a couple of weeks to see if anything changes.

ETA: Uhhhh, I thought we were not allowed to use the phrase c****ie cream.

Last edited:

aloof one

OK... some of you folks are being really nasty about this. If you don't want to use MN, don't use MN. But don't get *****y with folks who decide to use MN. Some of ya'll are worse than the naturals who seem to think people who relax are making back room deals with Satan! :sad:

:look:
It is not that crucial.

gabulldawg

I have actually used neosporin AF because I have heard that the consistency is better than Monistat. Plus, I'm lazy and didn't feel like having to squirt all of the cream out of those applicator tubes! :grin: I plan on getting a relaxer next Friday, so I guess only time will tell about my results. I Will DEFINITELY post pictures in my fotki though. As of right now, my new growth is pretty thick and i can see about an inch in most places (unstretched). I did stop using it because I think it's a good idea not to CONSISTENTLY use the product on your scalp since little is really known about long term side effects. PLUS, someone had posted that the directions say that you should take a break from using the product even when using it as directed (i.e., yeast infections).I will start back using it after my touch up. So anyway, I hope that was helpful! :perplexed I guess check back in about a week and a half to see my results. If they are really drastic I will definitely make a post on LHCF. I was about 2 inches away from APL at my last touch up (September) so if this takes me to APL in December I will be happy!