Rosemary Oil

L

legs71

I purchased some rosemary oil and was wondering if anyone has a concoction they can recommend? Also how should this be used? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Ennyaa

Check out the thread "Proven Essential Oil Blend That Works". There's alot of stuff in there about Rosemary and other oils and how people blend them.

elliot

It has been my experience that you really can't go wrong with rosemary oil.

I add a couple of drops of rosemary oil with either a half teaspoon of jojoba, evening primrose, or avocado oil and rub into my scalp nightly. I sometimes sparingly add rosemary oil to the palms of my hands with jojoba oil and work throughout my hair, especially the ends. I also add a few drops of rosemary oil to my shampoo and conditioner and also use it as a part of my pre-wash hot oil treatment. (As you can tell, I REALLY like this stuff.) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here is a link to a pretty good description about rosemary oil and its use.

www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1093.htm

Lastly, I have been using rosemary oil for roughly 6 months and have noticed that my hair has darkened.

Brownie

I like mixing Rosemary with Peppermint oil. Peppermint and Rosemary definitely are a great combination that make you feel as if you're pampering your scalp. If you want something that will make your scalp feel pleasantly tingly--peppermint and rosemary are the combo for you!!!!!!

CynamonKis

My friend (whose hair has grown substantially within the last few months) recommended the following potion to me. I just started using it:

Doo-grow Stimulating Growth Oil
100 drops rosemary essential oil w/o alcohol
100 drops sage oil w/o alcohol
apply to scalp & brush or massage in daily

sweetcocoa

I use it in my pomade and I also like it mixed with olive oil in my conditioner when I do a deep conditioning(my favorite is Motions CPR)

Integrity

sweet you are not accepting PMs. I wanted to send you one and say your hair does not look natural at all! i was shocked. it looks relaxed:) /images/graemlins/cool.gif

LondonDiva

How much is too much Essential Oil.

When I make my little batch in my little tub I'm not sure exactly of how much to add to it.

What is a safe amount of Rosemarey to add to 50ml of melted shea butter.

sweetcocoa

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
pandora said:
sweet you are not accepting PMs. I wanted to send you one and say your hair does not look natural at all! i was shocked. it looks relaxed:) /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thnak you! I updated my profile to accept them. I can only get this look with a good wet rollerset. I also believe the combination of Lottabody Creme and my pomade on soaking wet hair makes a difference. I did a wet set 2 weeks ago using Elucence(which I love) instead of what I usually use and I didn't get as nice a set...so I'm back to what works for me. I also smooth some KMS Flatout over my hair once I remove the rollers(hair must be COMPLETELY dry) then tie a triangular hairnet around my hair twisting it around as I smooth my hair down really tight, then get back under the dryer for 10-15 minutes. I also feel(my own opinion) that the constant use of my pomade(with the heat of the hair dryer) helps condition my hair. When I don't use this technique I don't get the same results(also if it's humid outside I've learned to just go with my natural curls cause my wet set won't stay frizz free and smooth and it's basically a waste of time /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif ).

ms_kenesha

This is the recipe I made last night using rosemary oil:
4 tablespoons shea butter
2 tablespoons mango butter
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of castor oil
1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
10 drops of rosemary oil
I melted all this together and made my own version of Sweetcocoa’s shea/oil hair butter. I used it on my dry hair and my hair is definitely moisturized. I can’t wait to try this on damp hair; in fact I almost wanted to wash my hair last night just so I could use it on damp hair!!! The consistency is a little soupy more like a hair lotion than a hair butter or crème. I also made a body butter last night w/ Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Mango Butter, and Escape fragrance oil.
/images/graemlins/clap.gif

sweetcocoa

Ms Kenesha,
I made a body butter with cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil and aloe vera oil. Then I added vanilla pear and spice oils for fragrance. I'll have to try your recipe with my Dolce Vita. /images/graemlins/angel.gif

canuck

london diva, it is recommended that you use 2-3 drops of essential oils to 10 ml of carrier. So, for 50 ml that would be 10-15 drops (err on the side of 9 or 10)

yours

canuck

Ennyaa

Whoa!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif That's seems like a whole lotta essential oil. I'm no expert but following the formula I got from AmilLion that seems like way too much.

LondonDiva

Thanks fellow brit of jamaican ancestary. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sweetcocoa. Do you use pure cocoa butter for your body butter? If so is unrefined cocoa butter supposed to be hard or soft and does it have that choclately smell or is that added.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
CynamonKis said:
My friend (whose hair has grown substantially within the last few months) recommended the following potion to me. I just started using it:

Doo-grow Stimulating Growth Oil
100 drops rosemary essential oil w/o alcohol
100 drops sage oil w/o alcohol
apply to scalp &amp; brush or massage in daily

[/ QUOTE ] Kis, not so sure I'd go for Doo Grow's product line, but the oil concoction sounds like something I'd like to try /images/graemlins/spinning.gif
How long was her hair previously, and how long is it now?

elliot

I am totally into growing my hair via essential oil usage and so this is some of the latest information that I found about essential oils that help to grow hair. HTH someone!

Black Seed Oil- This is one of the most dynamic oils for hair care. It improves circulation and is antiseptic, astringent, cleansing, and skin regenerative. Helps prevent hair loss and thinning; it strengthens the hair. It also conditions hair and scalp. Pure cold- pressed Nigella sativa oil. Superb emollient and hair nourisher. Contains over 100 Biological compounds including 15 amino acids, vitamins and minerals. It is also high in fatty acids. Fatty acids are recommended for hair loss, stunted growth and thinning of hair.

Sunflower oil- Excellent hair moisturizer and conditioner. Helps to add sheen and elasticity. It is likewise rich in minerals and nutrients.

Jojoba Oil-Moisturizes extra dry, thirsty hair.....naturally. Infuses moisture directly into the scalp and hair shaft, quenching the thirst of extremely dry hair. With consistent use, your hair will begin to show improved elasticity, moisture balance and longer lasting shine.

*Carrot Seed Oil- Strengthens weak, damaged hair.....naturally. A vitamin rich oil that penetrates deep into the hair shaft to impart herbal nutrients and vitamins to repair, strengthen and moisturize damaged hair. Brimming with Beta Carotene, Vitamins A, E and Amino Acids, Carrot seed Oil promotes the development of new hair and skin cells.

Bergamot Essential oil-contains volatile oil that works as both a highly effective hair conditioner and gives body to the hair. Used for centuries to promote hair growth and retard fall out.

Chamomile Essential oil-has properties that makes the hair smooth, silky, and adds body to the hair.

*Lavender-is an effective cleanser and oil regulator for fine hair that provides surprising fullness and body. Calming.

*Nettle- It has been used as a hair growth stimulant for centuries and is one of the most common herbs used in natural hair loss remedies around the world. It is rich in vitamins A and C, and a wide range of minerals including Iodine, Silicon, and Sulfur, all especially good for the hair. It is a profound source for mucilage and amino acids that the hair follicle requires for proper growth. It's stimulating qualities also help increase the circulation to the scalp.

Pro vitamin A-It normalizes sebum production and stimulates the scalp, making it excellent for hair growth.It helps to stop hair loss and regrow hair.

*Rosemary -(Rosmarinus Officinalis): A strong circulatory stimulant for the hair follicles and a stimulant for hair growth. Brings good blood flow to the scalp and causes histamine release which stimulates cell division, encouraging new hair growth. It is a purifying, antimicrobial, antiseptic, astringent that stimulates the hair root to grow hair. It also adds sheen and helps to prevent hair from falling out.

*Sage -(Salvia Officinalis) is a purifying, antimicrobial, antiseptic and astringent botanical that is a tremendous conditioner for the hair. It not only has an active agent to eliminate hair loss but it strengthens and thickens the current hair shaft as well.

Vitamin E-enhances cellular regeneration and has remarkable results for both the hair and the scalp.

CynamonKis

Re: Rosemary Oil (informative)

Elliot thank you for this info....saving it. By the way how many oils can u mix together safely/effectively?

CynamonKis

Honey Vibe -- I really couldn't tell you the before/after length of my friend's hair I just noticed by "eyeballing" that I saw substantial growth

Kis, not so sure I'd go for Doo Grow's product line, but the oil concoction sounds like something I'd like to try
How long was her hair previously, and how long is it now?

Camille

I just purchased some "Pure Peppermint" Extract, only to find that it is 98% alcohol, which leaves 2% for the water and oil of peppermint. should I still mix this in with any of my hair products? If not, then where can I find some real Pure peppermint oil? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tara

Hi there,

I've also used an oil mix from Riquette's book called "Grow Hair in 12 Weeks" (funny title I know /images/graemlins/look.gif)

Anywhoo, her oil blend consists of:

6 teasoons of rosemary oil
3 teaspoons of basil oil
3 teaspoons of lavander oil
2 teaspoons of lemon oil

put in an amber bottle and shake well. When you massage it into your head, use 2 teaspoons of the above mixture.

My experience with it has been, it provides a nice tingle in the scalp. Also when I began using it, I had a really, really, really (did I say really) stressful, and STRESS FILLED job. A real TOXIC environment in terms of attitudes, anyway, I was under so much stress, I actually developed a DAMN bald spot /images/graemlins/blush.gifoo: /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Needless to say I quit, when a job causes you to lose yo damn hair it's time to go, but I digress!!

Luckily my follicles were not damaged, so I used this oil to rub into that spot NIGHTLY, it came back. Now it could be a multitude of things, quitting the job plus the massaging of the oils, but the oils were part of it. It took about 2-4 weeks to get what looked like "a buzz cut" look in that area. When I lost hair it was BALD, SMOOTH bald.

Then I had some actual "dawn" hair as I called it in another 3 weeks.

zoya_j

I purchased some rosemary and ylang ylang oil from Applewoods today. I want to mix a batch, what can I do to mask the smell(it's really strong)? Has anyone had any experience with these? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

SweetNic_JA

Native Jamaicans that grew up in the country part

Ok, now that I have your attention: I've been wondering for a long time... Is the Nettle that they talk about in America the same Nettle or 'Nekkle' that will itch the day light out of you if you apply it to your skin? I know of this stuff in Jamaica and it is SERIOUS. It will make you itch for hours on end....I have made the horrible of mistake of just brushing on it once and I was in big trouble.

If anyone knows the answer to this please respond.

thanx

TwistNMx

This special recipe works great for me, especially because I love the tingly feeling after I massage it into my scalp. Stimulates follicles also I'm told:
2 parts Jojoba Oil (base)

1 part Rosemary Oil (for stimulation)
1 part Peppermint Oil (for stimulation)
1 part Lavender Oil (for itchy scalp...plus I love the smell)
Alway use a base oil though (just in case you don't know) for protection.
Also I think Rosemary Oil is not ideal for pregnant women or if you harbor high blood pressure.
I say this with love.

ny2atl

Elliot,

Have you been using that oil mixture that you listed? If so, for how long and how has your progress been? I just ordered some essentials, a lot of the ones you listed. I can't wait to start them!

elliot

ny2atl said:
Elliot,

Have you been using that oil mixture that you listed? If so, for how long and how has your progress been? I just ordered some essentials, a lot of the ones you listed. I can't wait to start them!

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like my different mixtures. My hair is growing faster than pre LHC Forum; however, I use so much stuff that I don't know what to attribute the growth to.

My scalp looks better. I do not get dandruff anymore. My new growth is softer closer to touchup time. But again, I really can't attribute it to one thing (I'm such a PJ).

Yes, I use some of the oils. They are jojoba, lavendar, rosemary, sage, a vitamin e. I also use ylang ylang, peppermint, castor oil, evening primrose oil w/cinnamon extract, avocado oil, and very rarely cocount oil. I like to experiment with them in different concoctions for my hair. However, the staples that I use in every mixture are jojoba and rosemary oil.

Once I finish up some of the stuff listed above, I will order some different oils. I want to order some nettle oil because it has sulfur in it, but I don't want to overdo it with the vitamin A. So I will probably just order bergamot and black seed.

elite_chiq

I have 100ml of vigin castor oil. I want to add some essential oils to it. Which would u recomend and how much of each?

&lt;3

elliot

elite_chiq said:
I have 100ml of vigin castor oil. I want to add some essential oils to it. Which would u recomend and how much of each?

&lt;3

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like rosemary oil.
It has a strong medicinal smell that you may not like.

Someone told me that as a rule of thumb, you should add one teaspoon of a carrier oil, like olive oil to every 3 drops of an essential oil.