How to stop my half wig blowing away in the wind and a few other?s

BonBon

Hey, I did use half wigs for some months last year but I just threw them on using just the comb attachment and straightened the left out bit of my hair every 2 days or so:look:. I think I had breakage from this, especially on the bangs where I flat ironed.

If wind comes I had to grab onto it for dear life and pull it down lollll, so embarrasing:perplexed
Question:

1. How do you make sure the half wig doesn't fly off in the wind:look:. Do you use bobby pins along with the comb attachment or some other technique.

2. How do you blend your hair with the weave without too much damage?

3. Are you supposed to wear something as a barrier between the half wig and your hair?

4. When I use the comb attachment there is an unsightly bump at the attached point unless I am braided (that lets it grip more and looks more neat).

TIA

temfash

I take out the combs and use lots hair pins all over and a head band for added protection, I live in London and use the tube a lot, the wind out of those tunnels as train approaches are lethal it could blow off any unsecured :pullhair: wig :lol:

I take out the combs and use lots hair pins all over and a head band for added protection, I live in London and use the tube a lot, the wind out of those tunnels as train approaches are lethal it could blow off any unsecured :pullhair: wig :lol:

LOL, that is so true. I cornrow my hair under the wig and leave enough hair out to flat iron. I always use a heat protectant and deep condition 2-3 x per week. also use JBCO on the left out hair for added protection.

I see what you mean about the bump where the comb is, so what I do is wear a lace front as a half wig. I put the hairline as close to my natural hairline as possible then pull out enough hair to cover the demarcation line and flat iron. Or sometimes I wear an alice band to hold the hair down.

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
Hey, I did use half wigs for some months last year but I just threw them on using just the comb attachment and straightened the left out bit of my hair every 2 days or so:look:. I think I had breakage from this, especially on the bangs where I flat ironed.

If wind comes I had to grab onto it for dear life and pull it down lollll, so embarrasing:perplexed
Question:

1. How do you make sure the half wig doesn't fly off in the wind:look:. Do you use bobby pins along with the comb attachment or some other technique.
Once I pull the wig forward along my edges, I then secure both sides with bobby pins.

2. How do you blend your hair with the weave without too much damage?
You can rollerset/flat iron the front once and then pincurl at night to maintain the style. I normally finger comb the curls to blend in with the wig. I also moisture and seal once a day too.

3. Are you supposed to wear something as a barrier between the half wig and your hair?
I wear a wave/wig cap underneath my wig.

4. When I use the comb attachment there is an unsightly bump at the attached point unless I am braided (that lets it grip more and looks more neat).
Yeah, I get that sometimes. Make sure your hook adjustments underneath are fastened to fit snug on your scalp.

TIA

Im no expert but I hope this helps.

Lady S

When I was wearing half wigs, I just had my hair in a sad, pathetic excuse for a ponytail and used the combs. And then used a headband to hide the hump.

I still wear them occasionally, but instead of combs I bobby pin the crap out of that sucka. And still use a headband. And I do wear a wig cap, since I'm natural with poofy hair who can't cornway to save my life.