Goji Berries for Hair Growth and all round Health

LondonDiva

I came across this when looking for the Ultra Hair thick shake on this site.

It contain 19 Amino Acids, which are a very good source of protein for the hair.
Has anyone heard or tried Goji Berries before?

http://www.nutricentre.com/start/goji_080906.aspx

Nutritional Information

Minerals
Goji berries contain up to 21 trace minerals (the main ones being zinc, iron, copper, calcium, germanium, selenium, and phosphorus) and are the richest source of carotenoids, including beta-carotene (more beta carotene than carrots), of all known foods or plants on earth!

Antioxidants
Goji berries also contain vitamins B1, B2, B6, and vitamin E.

Mature fruits contain about 11 mg or iron per 100 grams, beta-sisterol (an anti-inflammatory agent), linoleic acid (a fatty acid), sesquiterpenoids (cyperone, solavetivone), tetraterpenoids (zeaxanthin, physalin), and betaine (0.1%).

Protein
Goji Berries contain 19 amino acids – The building blocks of Protein

Goji berries contain polysaccharides which fortify the immune system. A polysaccharide found in this fruit has been found to be a powerful secretagogue (a substance that stimulates the secretion of rejuvenative human growth hormone by the pituitary gland).

amina kamal

Goji berries are supposed to be one of the most nutritive foods on the planet. Many of my friends who are vegan vegetarians and raw food people loooovvveee it. I think they taste a little like raisins but they have a little bitterness to them. I see them at the Asian supermarkets and yesterday I even saw them at vitaminshoppe.

Cheleigh

I eat a handful of goji berries everyday. Love the taste, but not everyone does. I eat them for healthy reasons, didn't even think about hair growth.

zora

I actually just tried these last week. It has an aftertaste to me, but it's tolerable, especially since it's so nutritious.

Thanks, LondonDiva.

WomanlyCharm

That's so funny, I never thought about eating Goji berries for hair growth, I just like how they taste.

I eat them by the handful everyday. If that helps my hair, hey, it's all good! :grin:

I buy mine at Whole Foods.

bubblebtm2

I read about them when i was looking 4 remedies to get rid of stretch marks. Always been wanting to try them ever since.

LondonDiva

More info on the berries.
Goji berries are an extremely nutrient-dense fruit. They contain 18 amino acids (six times higher than bee pollen) including all 8 essential amino acids. They contain 11.7% protein, and 328 calories per 100g!

The Goji berry is a deep-red, dried fruit about the same size as a raisin. It's very sweet and tastes something like a cross between a cranberry and a cherry. We love adding them to smoothies, trail-mix, cereals, teas and cakes. Err... we also just eat them by the handful!

Nutritional Information
Goji berries contain up to 21 trace minerals (the main ones being zinc, iron, copper, calcium, germanium, selenium, and phosphorus) and are the richest source of carotenoids, including beta-carotene (more beta carotene than carrots), of all known foods or plants on earth!

Goji berries also contain vitamins B1, B2, B6, and vitamin E.

Mature fruits contain about 11 mg or iron per 100 grams, beta-sisterol (an anti-inflammatory agent), linoleic acid (a fatty acid), sesquiterpenoids (cyperone, solavetivone), tetraterpenoids (zeaxanthin, physalin), and betaine (0.1%).

Goji berries contain polysaccharides which fortify the immune system. A polysaccharide found in this fruit has been found to be a powerful secretagogue (a substance that stimulates the secretion of rejuvenative human growth hormone by the pituitary gland).

Benefits
Goji berries have been traditionally regarded as a longevity, strength-building, and sexual potency food of the highest order. In several study groups with elderly people the berry was given once a day for 3 weeks, many beneficial results were experienced and 67% of the patients T cell transformation functions tripled and the activity of the patients white cell interleukin-2 doubled. In addition, the results showed that all the patients spirit and optimism increased significantly, appetite improved in 95% of the patients, 95% of the patients slept better, and 35% of the patients partially recovered their sexual function.

The famed Li Qing Yuen, who apparently lived to the age of 252 years (1678-1930), consumed Goji berries daily. The life of Li Qing Yuen is the most well-documented case of extreme longevity known.

Production
The plants grow like bushes with vines that reach over 15 feet. The berries are never touched by hand as they will oxidize and turn black if touched while fresh. They are shaken onto mats, and then dried in the shade. These berries are grown without pesticides or other chemicals in one of the purest places on earth.

Radianthealth

WOW this Goji berry sounds like it is the miracle cure all. I will be running to Earthfare at lunch to see if they sell them.
:D

PrincessScorpion

I brought some about a month ago to try when I was buying a smoothie and they have been just sitting in my desk. I guess I will be eating the from now on. :D

Radianthealth

UPDATE: I just got back from Earthfare, I bought some goji berries they are good. I will be eating some for my 3:00:cool:

I hope they are as beneficial as they state, looking at the nutrition info they have a good amount of protien and fiber. I can see how easy it is to get your protien requirements from fruits and veggies alone:eek: Spinach has a good amount of protien too...Sorry for getting off topic. Thanks for the post!

BW1

I didn't know they were good for your hair, but I did read in Dr Murad's book about cellulite that is a cellulite attacker. I haven't purchased any, but I will be soon.

LondonDiva

trimbride said:
UPDATE: I just got back from Earthfare, I bought some goji berries they are good. I will be eating some for my 3:00:cool:

I hope they are as beneficial as they state, looking at the nutrition info they have a good amount of protien and fiber. I can see how easy it is to get your protien requirements from fruits and veggies alone:eek: Spinach has a good amount of protien too...Sorry for getting off topic. Thanks for the post!

Fibre!!! Oh hell that explains is then :perplexed

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I have some of these in my cabinet right now. I never thought of putting them in my smoothies. I think I will try them tomorrow!

LondonDiva

Lord Jesus in heaven save me!

These things ain't tasty!!!!!

The aftertaste is slightly bitter. They are sun dried so what I intend to do is soak them and add to the fruit I blend up in my smoothie, when dried I don't think it will go down well. I put 2 in my evian bottle and they swelled up pretty quickly and tasted better than when dried.