Leave In Conditioner for Relaxed Hair

Relentless

Reinventing
Ladies,

I think my hair type is 4b and I am relaxed. I use Affirm and relax every 8 to 10 weeks.

What LeaveIn conditioners are you using for your relaxed hair?

EbonyCPrincess

I have the same hair type and similar relaxer schedule. My staples have been Giovanni Direct Leave in (cream) & Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave-In (Spray). I also began using a protein spray which decreased my breakage heavily during the last few weeks of my stretch. I prefer Doo Grow Leave-In Growth Treatment to Aphogee's Keratin & Green Tea. So I always use a protein + moisture.

I just ordered some Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk because I ran out of the Giovanni Direct Leave-in. I'm trying to use products from ONLY black owned companies. Can't review it yet, but I've heard great things. Good Luck.

jazzerz

I'm using Neutrogena Triple Moisture and sealing with grapeseed oil. This REALLY works for my hair. I moisturize and seal twice a day (most days).

gadgetdiva

I'm relaxed and like to use Jane Carter's Revitalizing Leave-In with GVP Leave-IN (Redken Extreme Anti Snap) or Elasta QP H2 Leave-In with Optimum Care Anti-Breakage Therapy Leave-In Ultimate Strengthener.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Right now I'm using:

Christine Gant Detangling Leave In Hair Milk
Alba Botanica
Komaza Hair Care Califia Leave-In

I also really like:

AG Fast Food Leave-In
Salerm B21-5
BBD Stretch

Toy

I use Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner
L'Anza Urban Elements leave in
Herbal Essence Ltr Leave in
Giovanni Direct Leave

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I alternate between Lacio Lacio, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Split End Mender, and Pureology Instant Repair Leave-In.

I like the Lacio Lacio for when I want to wear my hair with lots of movement and body. It's quite light, but still moisturizes really well.

The Herbal Essences is heavier, so I use it for when I'm not concerned with movement, which is pretty much 99% of the time, because I bun. It also has the advantage of a creamy formula, smelling freaking amazing and being inexpensive.

I use the Pureology when I need to air dry my hair. Normally, my air dried hair is a hot rough mess, but with the Pureology, it actually dries softly and smoothly. The consistency can be strange though...it comes out like a watery gel and it's easy to use too much.

I use the Herbal Essences most often, but I don't have a favorite out of the three...I love them all. Hth.

ms.aiken01

I have a few that like to use. If I'm rollersetting, I use the Biolage leave in with some Nioxin Elixir. If I'm airdrying, I use the Bee Mine Deja hair milk and argan oil. After I'm 8 weeks post, I'll use the redken anti snap instead of the biolage.

kiesha8185

I am 4b relaxed and I also use Affirm. I relax every 3-4 months. I use Homocrin Natural Nourishing Conditioner For Dry and Brittle Hair. It's pretty expensive, but a little goes a long way. One bottle lasts me a little over 6 months. It works great for all my relaxed friends, regardless of hair type and my mom when she was natural.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I am relaxed 4ab

I use:
Jessicurl Aloeba or a spritz that consists of distilled water and aloe vera juice when bunning

I love Jessicurl very much it is heavy enough that I dont need to moisturize everyday for now.

When wearing a straight style I apply some Qhemet Biologics amla and olive to the ends and edges.

ETA: since I am moving away from Bonestraight hair my hair is going to be prone to losing its sleek look when worn out. I may moisturize with the qhemet and seal with a cone serum every few days or so. I have Sabino and Fantasia IC here I will try them out and see how they fair. I might also look into this Lacio Lacio everyone keeps talking about to see what the big hoopla is about LOL.
That is all

Last edited:

BoaterGirlKim

I'm 4B (for Brillo LOL) relaxed, thin hair and use Hawaiian Silky 14-N-1, a thick, creamy leave-in/moisturizer combo. Tonight after shampooing and conditioning with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, I wet bunned using HS14. I decided to seal with jojoba tonight (usually don't use oils) and my hair at 90% dry is shiny and feels like silk. NG feels really soft, too - softer than when I've used HS14 alone so the jojoba must be doing its job. I stopped oils several months ago cuz it seemed like my hair didn't like them (dry, fly-away hair), and started using serums like IC Polisher for shine, but I want to get off cones. The HS14/jojoba combo seems like a winner!

Tangie

Silicon Mix leave-in....I use that to air dry.

HE LTR or Neutrogena Triple Moisture....I prefer Long Term Relationship but I am finding it harder and harder to find. I use them as a leave-in/moisturizer.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Garnier Fructis for colored hair...even though I've never colored.
Curls Milkshake lotion works excellent for my airdrying lately (even though I'm relaxed.)

Sherbetcane

I am 4a relaxed and I alternate between Phtospecific Intergral Mist, Moroccan Oil Hydrating Styling Cream and Ojon Thickening Spray.

D.Lisha

I Alternate between, Cream of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-in, Motion Nourish Leave-in and finally ORS Creamy Aloe leave-in

Oh...and I almost forgot!->Elasta QP Mango Butter

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am transitioning, but the best leave in conditioner I found is for naturals. Ori Organics Curl Replenishing Hair Milk. My hair was like :lick::lol: It almost makes me want to stay relaxed.

Relentless

Reinventing
I can't find the Long Term Relationship anywhere around where I live. I think I will start with trying the Lacio Lacio and the LTR. I might order the LTR leave in from Drugstore.com

Americka

I mixed equal parts Lacio Lacio with NTM Silk Leave-in... Let's just say that I cried when I ran out of it. I like both of them separately, but together they are awesome for my hair. Whether I flat ironed, did braid out or roller set - it didn't matter. My hair was so soft and silky as a result. I wish Lacio Lacio was sold locally.

Luscious Locks

I'm a huge fan of Phyto 9 Daily Nourishing Creme. It's expensive ($26 at sephora Sephora: Phyto Phyto 9 Daily Ultra Nourishing Botanical Cream - Ultra Dry Hair: Hair & Scalp Treatments), by normal standards, but for me it does what no other product can. It moisturizes my hair a non greasy way. There is no need for me to seal after applying it unless a section of my hair is unreasonably brittle. I seal with coconut oil on my edges, any remaining oil i will run through my ends (only the very tips) or rub on my lips or my elbows for extra moisture. Even my air dried hair swangs with this creme.

I thought for a second that I had found a good replacement for it (SheaMoisture Milk Leave-in which can be found at Target for $10 http://www.target.com/Moisture-Coco...nditioning/dp/B0038TYTSO/ref=sc_qi_detaillinkbut i got through 1/4 of the bottle before I realized that it just wasn't for my hair:nono:

If you're looking for something heavier I say go with the SheaMoisture, but if you are looking for plain moisture I say go for the Phyto. In both cases a dab per section of hair will moisturize any situation.

Good luck. I hope I didn't confuse you.

Last edited:

Kimiche

I currently use 'Yes To Cucumbers Leave In Conditioner.' I love how this makes my hair feel, especially since I air dry my hair. This also has no parabens, petroleum and silicones.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
HS 14N1, VS Conditioner, Mizani DTangle, Oyin Juices & Berries, but most times, plain water.

cocoagirl

Right now I am using Bee mine's Deja for aleave in on damp hair (along with 1 or 2 of Bee's other moisturizers)and I use the other Bee mine moisturizers as well (samples)on my hair throughout the week. When these samples are done, I want to try Darcy's leavein...

Rae81

i use long term relationship mixed with ors olive oil moisturizing lotion and seal with coconut oil that leaves my hair so soft when it dries

Theresamonet

I am texlaxed 4a/b...

I am currently using Silk Elements Leave-in Hair Moisturizing Creme. I love this stuff. It keeps my hair moisturized for at least two days if sealed. I was sealing with castor oil or evco but, since the weather has turned cool in my area I am using avocado oil.

My second favorite thing to use, sometimes in conjunction with the above, is a diluted version of V05 moisture milk. Sometimes I'll just co-wash my hair with it and not rinse it all out and seal. V05 is one of the most moisturizing products I've used relaxed/natural/or texlaxed.

I can't find the Long Term Relationship anywhere around where I live. I think I will start with trying the Lacio Lacio and the LTR. I might order the LTR leave in from Drugstore.com

I have also used EE LTR and I was in love with it for a while but, decided to try using leave-in products that didn't contain cones. But if you can't find the LTR at BB&B, as a poster above stated, just try diluting the LTR conditioner. It will give you the same results.

In my opinion, Lacio Lacio and Silicon Mix leave-ins were not moisturizing. But they did leave my hair feeling silky and smooth (they are really just all silicone). Once they wore off I could tell my hair was never really moisturized. If this is a concern of yours' as well, try using the Lacio to seal in a moisturizing leave-in. That should work great.

Relentless

Reinventing
Thanks ladies for all of the responses. Can someone explain to me though, what does "seal" mean? How do you seal?