Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

DominicanBrazilian82

ESmackum said:
Not sure. This is my first time being truly consistant with the MN. I will probably stop this week, which will give me a week to be MN free. I will probably co wash or wash once and make sure my hair is well moisturized before I get the relaxer. I need to do a search on the forum to see how long others waited before they stopped.

Most say two weeks... That's why I was curious if you had relaxed without stopping MN. I plan to relax at 20 weeks (I'm at 14 weeks post). My intention is to continue MN starting back this week (took a hiatus to get my moisture levels up). I'm going to do my NJoy Challenge and MN Challenge simultaneously. HHG :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ESmackum

Most say two weeks... That's why I was curious if you had relaxed without stopping MN. I plan to relax at 20 weeks (I'm at 14 weeks post). My intention is to continue MN starting back this week (took a hiatus to get my moisture levels up). I'm going to do my NJoy Challenge and MN Challenge simultaneously. HHG :)

Well I guess tonight was my last night then...lol.

Was there any particular reason as to why people were stopping 2 weeks before relaxing and did anyone have any issues/ bad experiences because they didn't stop 2 weeks before?

DominicanBrazilian82

ESmackum said:

Was there any particular reason as to why people were stopping 2 weeks before relaxing and did anyone have any issues/ bad experiences because they didn't stop 2 weeks before?

Not too sure... Bumping for responses.

ManiiSweetheart

ManiiSweetheart Enjoy your senior year! Make lots of great memories...I won't even tell you how many years it has been for me! Have you taken your senior pics yet? I was thinking BSL hair would be great in your pics:look:

I havent taken them just yet but they are due....likes in less than a month ... So im reallly trying to get as close to BSL as possible ! This year is going by sooo fast ..its not even funny! i love it though!

DominicanBrazilian82

I'm back! Had to take a brief hiatus to combat some severe dryness! But the moisture is returning :)

Applied my MN mix tonight (tweaked a little bit)

.25 oz MN
.5 Tsp JBCO
.5 Tsp Garlic Oil
Tbsp AE Garlic Mask
Few drops of Lacio, Lacio

Applied with my new applicator bottle; which has a very small tip (love it!)

pinkness27

ESmackum said:

I do not know the reason. But I would use MN like the next day after a fresh relaxer and I have had no problems.

pinkness27

Everyone keeps saying how my hairline is growing. I just wish it would fully recover already! I am still applying mn twice a day.

formysanity

I'm currently in senegalese braids , but I'm going to participate. I'll apply the MN using an applicator bottle to get through all the partings. I'm also transitioning from texlaxed to natural

Last edited:

jprayze

YaaAsantewaa said:
I'm currently in senegalese braids , but I'm going to participate. I'll apply the MN using an applicator bottle to get through all the partings. I'm also transitioning from texlaxed to natural

Welcome to the Challenge! I was thinking about doing the same thing with Senegalese braids.

DominicanBrazilian82

Applied my MN again tonight :). JBCO on top of the MN mix, QP Elasta to moisture my hair and new growth and coconut oil to seal my ends :). Co-washing in the a.m.

Last edited:

jprayze

So it's been about a month and I'm happy with the growth so far; I can see a subtle, noticeable difference in length. However, I'm not experiencing any growth with my edges, so I will be tweaking my regimen soon...details coming soon. Right now, I want to finish what I have left of my mix. Also, I'm thinking I may have diluted it too much this time around. For the last challenge, I got the most progress by applying straight to my scalp.

ManiiSweetheart

I was laying down with my sister and she saw that my scalp was looking kind of dry ...could this be from the mn? Anyone have any solutions?

tiajanae

update:

so this marks about the month period since I've been doing my MN mix along with a hairfinity and msm 1500mg. i've been applying the mix about twice per week and so far i can see bunches of new growth through these braids. i have one more month with this set of braids then i'll be able to take a real progress pic. but im excited so far. definitely working :drunk:

Attachments

• 30day update.jpg
    30day update.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 69

DominicanBrazilian82

tiajanae said:
update:

so this marks about the month period since I've been doing my MN mix along with a hairfinity and msm 1500mg. i've been applying the mix about twice per week and so far i can see bunches of new growth through these braids. i have one more month with this set of braids then i'll be able to take a real progress pic. but im excited so far. definitely working :drunk:

That is gorgeous progress :smile: I would be super anxious to take them suckas out next month.

DominicanBrazilian82

I did MN two days in a row after taking about a week and a half off, and I've got the itches... Hope this means stimulated growth :)

Mznelly

Just checking in I wanted to shows my progress. I am in the sulfur mix and mn challenge so I contribute this growth to both of these challenges. I got my twist on the 31st of August. So it's been approximately a month. Here's a little update.... Is this like a inch of new growth???

Attachments

• image-2904766345.jpg
    image-2904766345.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 70

DominicanBrazilian82

Mznelly said:
Just checking in I wanted to shows my progress. I am in the sulfur mix and mn challenge so I contribute this growth to both of these challenges. I got my twist on the 31st of August. So it's been approximately a month. Here's a little update.... Is this like a inch of new growth???

That progress is super sexy :). Inspirational even!

Mznelly

So while applying my sulfur mix tonight I noticed how much new growth I have in the crown of my head opposed to my sides I've also noticed increased thickness. I'm so tempted to takes these braids out just to see where my hair is reaching (embarrassed face)

image-628320908.jpg

I just put my sulfur mix so my hair appears dirty sorry guys

image-1147644107.jpg

My front is getting some thickness also whoop

Attachments

• image-1223889757.jpg
    image-1223889757.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 48

destinyseeker

On Wednesday I did my monthly shampoo wash with DermOrganic Argan oil sulfate free, (otherwise I cowash with VO-5 kiwi clarifying condish or DermOrganic Argan oil condish...DC with protein (MEGATEK) and then a deep moisturizer with "It's a 10" mask. I blow dried my hair for the first time since July and it looked amazing ( grrrrr... I didn't take pics) but I'm getting a relaxer next week (10 weeks post) and I can't wait for the first check in.

Btw I stopped my mn this week after the reading all the posts in preparation for my perm. My scalp isn't dry and my mix seems to be just right but I wanted to be careful.
Thanks for posting Hair Divas and keeping my hair game ... UP! (Smile)

Mznelly

jprayze said:
Mznelly that's crazy!!! What's in your sulfur mix?

Lol girl thanks my sulfur mix is 4oz of lavender jbco tropical isle brand, 2oz of organic cold pressed evoo, 1oz of cold pressed grapeseed oil and 1 oz of cold pressed almond oil. One heaping tsp of humco sublime sulfur 15 drops of lavender essential (to combat the smell) and 15 drops of peppermint oil to stimulate the circulation in my scalp.

If I'm not lazy I attempt to put plastic cap on at night to absorb as much as the sulfur as possible . I'm running low on sulfur mix maybe a week or two left I'm going to mix a new batch up soon because it's best to let the mix sit for a day or two but I let it sit for a week so the sulfur can infuse with the oils as much as possible I'm also considering using emu oil instead of almond and grapeseed

Ill also mention even though I got braids I still moisturize my hair, I spray Jane carter leave in conditioner In my roots and then I spray it down the length of my braids then I m&s it. Idk why lol but in my head it's a necessity. It's like I'm paranoid that my ends will become brittle and break when I do my take down.

Last edited:

jprayze

Mznelly said:
Lol girl thanks my sulfur mix is 4oz of lavender jbco tropical isle brand, 2oz of organic cold pressed evoo, 1oz of cold pressed grapeseed oil and 1 oz of cold pressed almond oil. One heaping tsp of humco sublime sulfur 15 drops of lavender essential (to combat the smell) and 15 drops of peppermint oil to stimulate the circulation in my scalp.

If I'm not lazy I attempt to put plastic cap on at night to absorb as much as the sulfur as possible . I'm running low on sulfur mix maybe a week or two left I'm going to mix a new batch up soon because it's best to let the mix sit for a day or two but I let it sit for a week so the sulfur can infuse with the oils as much as possible I'm also considering using emu oil instead of almond and grapeseed

Ill also mention even though I got braids I still moisturize my hair, I spray Jane carter leave in conditioner In my roots and then I spray it down the length of my braids then I m&s it. Idk why lol but in my head it's a necessity. It's like I'm paranoid that my ends will become brittle and break when I do my take down.

Thanks for sharing. I'm really like the Jane carter leave in...good stuff!

jprayze

missyanne said:
Wow your growth is amazing, I also notice your hair is a lot fuller. Are you using anything other than MN

Thank you! My hair/scalp seems to love MN lol...the month I wasn't using it, my hair didn't thrive...you can see the beginning pic was after that month. I don't use any other growth aids! My current MN mix is apricot, WGHO, apricot and peppermint oils...maybe there's something to that WGHO!

jprayze

Loving the updates so far. Our official update date is October 15. I can't wait to see Mznelly's new growth then. Braids really are a great way to track that growth and the benefit of no manipulation. Seriously contemplating them in the new future...hmmm maybe I will braid to BSL.