FREEDA Biotin-Is it DIFFERENT??

healthyhair2

Can anyone tell me what is special about Freeda Biotin.
I noticed alot of ladies here use it. I was going to get some from GNC or PP, but I just wanted to ask before buying. I'm trying to get the best supplements I can and not break the bank. My short hair can use all the help I can give it.

Tene

I'm not sure what's different about it, I take biotin by Country Life, but I might switch to Freeda.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Well, Freeda is a kosher brand so the vitamins don't have additives and unnecessary fillers. I think they just use just what they need to hold the tabs together.

The product dissolves very quickly therefore I think I get better and faster results using it.

vevster

I use FREEDA and I like it a lot. I like the way it starts to dissolve in my mouth and I trust the company. Is it better than PP or Country life? I have no idea.

Jade21

I think I was the first person to mention Freeda biotin to some folks here and give a big praise because of its potency. The difference between it and some others is that the company takes great pride in producing a superior supplement and caters to all, but has those who are Kosher and often vegetarian in mind.

As far as tablets and the speed with which they breakdown and are absorbed in your system, Freeda's are second to none. They are probably a tad better than Solgar in this regard.

Personally, I've also had a great experience with Puritan's Pride. I alternate between PP and Freeda and am never disappointed.

Puritan Pride is giving a lot of the major manufacturers a lot of competition because the changes they have made over the past few years have been astronomical.

I don't take any supplements by Country Life any longer only because they've gotten too expensive and the consistency each time just isn't there any longer.

~Jade~

healthyhair2

Thanks ladies. I'm still doing some investigating, I've also checked into the Life Extension brand because they have biotin POWDER! Thanks for all of the input.

Zola

[ QUOTE ]
Jade21 said:
Personally, I've also had a great experience with Puritan's Pride. I alternate between PP and Freeda and am never disappointed.

~Jade~

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jade21!
<< Very happy to see you

I have a question for you or anyone else who would like to add their input (all advice is welcome).

Do you prefer tablets or capsules? I've used both, but I wonder if added ingredients in one or the other may lessen or change their effect. I like being able to take 5000mcg capsules instead of having to take so many 1000mcg tablets. Do you have any thoughts or suggestions regarding this?

5000mcg. Capsule other ingredients: Gelatin, Rice Powder, Silica

1000mcg. Tablet other ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate, Cellulose (Plant Origin), Vegetable Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose, Cellulose Coating, Silica, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate.

Thanks in advance for any information or advice you may share.

Jade21

Hey, Zola!

This is only my opinion, but this is how I see the situation.

For me, I've never had real problems with tablets in terms of disintegration, and resulting effectivenss. Any tablets which irritated my stomach, I trashed. Here, I mean feeling like a bullet hit my stomach or my tummy was girgling hard. The one supplement I had to work hard to find which was compatible here was a multi-mineral. I took Solgar's Solamins for about two years and after a while, I felt like I should switch to a capsule because I almost dreaded taking them. They were effective, but, after a while, made my stomach just rumble. That's when I switched to Solaray's Mega Multi-Mineral capsules. They were more effective, cheaper and felt like I had taken nothing.

Part 2 of the story is that if you take tablets, you should try and get as many "better fillers" as you can like silica, vegetable stearic acid and the rest you have listed above. These are not like starch, sugar and sometimes sodium which are included in many cheaper brands. Most of the ones listed help to maintain the tablets integrity, but do not interfere with absorption. With cheaper manufacturers, you can often tell that the ratio to actual ingredients is off because they seem ineffective in terms of what you are taking the products for.

I talked to a representative at Solaray about the use of the rice bran powder for their Mega Multi-Mineral product. She said it was just a better filler and I told her I thought it improved the effectivenss of the product. I still believe that.

If you are uncertain about a product you are thinking about taking, drop me a line here and I would be glad to see what I can hunt down about it.

Have a great evening!

~Jade~