Help! I dyed my hair yesterday and hate it! How long do I have to wait to redye it???

Bliss806

I went to the salon yesterday to dye my hair. I wanted a light brown golden kind of color instead it came out a golden reddish color and I HATE IT!!:wallbash: how long do I have to wait to redye it? I put in Aphogee Treatment right after I dyed it.

Dark&Lovley

Re: Help! I dyed my hair yesterday and hate it! How long do I have to wait to redye i

I would say put a rinse over it. And no not a semi permanent.
A regular rinse sometimes conditions the hair. And that way you may even acheive the color you are looking for but alot safer since you already dye'd it. IMO.

Oh and you have to wait a least a week or 2 to dye. If it was me though I'd wait longer.

chocolatethai

Re: Help! I dyed my hair yesterday and hate it! How long do I have to wait to redye i

^^ITA i would be worried about putting a permanent dye over a permanent dye, a rinse is a safer option and might actually help your hair, i dont know if a rinse would get you to the colour that you wanted as it sounds like the colour you wanted is lighter than the colour you got but if you want to go back to your original colour or just darker i would recomend a rinse

moneychaser

Make sure you use a rinse with a red base!!!!! You do not want to be walking around with purple or green hair :nono:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Not sure about the re-dying part...... but give it a few days. I remember when I dyed my hair. I HATED IT. But a week later I ADORED IT. I always heard that once the natural oils (and blah blah blah because I don't remember lol) set in the color deepens. Sooooooooooo before you dye it again, wait and see what the real color will be, then make your decision.

poookie

I went to the salon yesterday to dye my hair. I wanted a light brown golden kind of color instead it came out a golden reddish color and I HATE IT!!:wallbash: how long do I have to wait to redye it? I put in Aphogee Treatment right after I dyed it.

you didn't want the red tones in your hair? i read somewhere that red is the hardest color to remove from the hair, so you might be stuck with it for a while. step the deep conditioning game up, and maybe you could try "clairol luminize" in clear. that will help to lift the color, BUT over time, it will lighten your hair (after several applications). i've used it with zero problems whatsoever.

KPH

House Head

I know i hate the reddish color in my hair and i'm in pain trying to let this mess grow out, my ends/tips are UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee-Licious

a rinse can be applied the same day.. i usually use Adore, beautiful collection, or via

poookie

a rinse would be the safest, quickest choice, but because you're not happy with the reddish tint; the only way you'll be able to cover it up would be to go darker. a rinse in the color that you wanted would make everything browner, but the red would still be there.

i'd suggest waiting a few weeks, then going to see a professional stylist (of course, not the one you went to before), and getting a consultation on what to do next.