Oils that STRENGTHEN the hair...

MizaniMami

Hello Ladies,

I had a question that was brought up by a conversation with my sis. We were discussing ways to get more protein in the hair and I was wondering if there was an oil that strengthens the hair? It could be with or without protein. No Amla oil please ( I don't care for it)! I have an oil that have protein in it by Africa's Best called Olive and Clove oil and it has protein in it, but I don't think it is enough in the ingredients that my hair will notice a difference.

Any suggestions on some hair strengthening oils with protein (preferably) or without. Thanks in advance.

Healthb4Length

I BELIEVE THAT COCONUT OILS AND CASTOR OILS STRENGTENS YOUR HAIR I'M NOT SURE IF THEY CONTAIN PROTEINS. I do wonder if you could possibly add a protein into your oils for that strength you suggested?

MizaniMami

Alli77 said:
I BELIEVE THAT COCONUT OILS AND CASTOR OILS STRENGTENS YOUR HAIR I'M NOT SURE IF THEY CONTAIN PROTEINS. I do wonder if you could possibly add a protein into your oils for that strength you suggested?

I am thinking about doing that. But I don't know which ones to get or which one would provid the most benefits? Any suggestions?

P

patient1

I'm not sure which one would have protein. Coconut oil came to mind too. I also thought of emu oil. I use an oil blend called Crown Heights from a Company called HerbnLife. Here's the ingredients:

Hemp Oil, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Castor Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Shea Butter, Rosemary, Sage, Neem, Vegetable Glycerin, Vitamin E, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Essential Oils and Love.

Perhaps the hemp oil or avocado oil provide protein? It smells great!!

~p1

camellia

Equal parts of pure papaya oil and pure carrot oil mixed together and warmed. I use this as a hot oil treatment and my hair feels stronger and barely sheds at all afterwards. Unfortunately they're both expensive so I only do this once a month.

I've found I can still get excellent results by mixing a smaller amount of the two oils into some conditoner, usually Keraphix, and using that as a deep conditoner with a plastic cap and a hot towel.

Isis

Peanut oil. I posted about this a while back. It's in my Keracare Essential Oils also. Peanut oil does strengthen the hair (not sure if protiens are in it or just in the peanut) and is good for the skin too.

Candy_C

Avocado Oil is good for brittle dry permed hair and is up there with olive oil. it also stimulates growth!! its infused with vit E, Fats, Proteins and lots of other goodies

WomanlyCharm

I use a mix of avocado and grapeseed oils, they really seem to make my hair stronger, and my hair likes it better than the other oils I was using.

BTW, Den1, your hair looks AMAZING! :grin:

Isis

Divine Inspiration said:
Rosemary oil seems to do a good job of strengthening my hair when I add it to my deep conditioner concoction.
Thanks for the reminder of the rosemary oil. I may add a few drops of mine also to my conditioner.
BTW, your hair looks gorgeous in your avatar!! :yep:

Divine Inspiration

Thank you chica! I need to lighten it a little bit.

Yeah I really like the rosemary...sometimes the smell can be overpowering so you only need a little, but it always seems to curb shedding for me.