How long will it take to grow my hair to my waist?

H

HoneyRockette

The words on the picture are nothing we haven't heard before but if anyone wants to know, it says:
Take it from the top, and give your crowing glory and healthy head start with a regular scalp massage. Before you suds up, gently massage your scalp with small circular movements using the pads of your fingers - not your nails. This will relax muscles and rev up your circulation to make sure your hair gets all of the nutrients it needs.

The numbers of hairs on your head depend on hereditary factors. Blondes usually have the highest head count, with an average of 120,000 hairs. Brunettes come next with about 100,000 hairs per head, and redheads have the least with approximately 80,000.

Each hair has a life span of about 2 years: then it's pushed out to make way for a new hair to takes it's place. The means it's perfectly natural to count on losing 70 to 100 hairs a day.

Hair grows about half an inch a month (faster in the summer than the winter). This means that your hair grows as average six inches a year at the rate of about 1/60th of an inch a day. Unfortunately your genes govern the rate of growth, so there's nothing you can do to speed it up.

If your growing your hair the average length it'll reach is 18 to 24 inches. However if yours never seems to get past your shoulders it probably means that your hair has a slower growth rate, and a faster replacement cycle than those girls with super long hair.

Hair ends have been around the longest and therefore have been through more wear and tear than the rest of your hair. Treat your long locks to a mild shampoo. Also trimming won't make your hair grow faster, it will make hair look fuller, and get rid of uneven edges.

H

HoneyRockette

I am glad I found this chart. It will help me out. Right now I am at the one year mark. This is a nice way to chart progress. MAN! I can't believe I misplaced this all these years! It would've really come in handy like a year ago.

happylocks

Thank you Honey
, very nice chart, I am at the 2 year mark, even through I have had my natural hair for 4 years, I am suppose to be 24 inches
, but I am just learning to care for my hair and health , wish you best of luck, bye

Paris Belle

I have this chart!
(I didn't post it b/c I didn't know how
)

It's excellent, but remember to measure your own hair/back from crown/scalp to the length that you want to achieve. I say this because waist length for me is 26-27" not the 24" in the chart as I am 5'9. For someone shorter, it may be less than 24"

Great post HR!

G

Hey HoneyRockette thanks for the chart! You've been a busy bee lately posting all this great hair info
Muchas gracias chica. Keep the great info coming! I really appreciate it.

H

HoneyRockette

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
It's excellent, but remember to measure your own hair/back from crown/scalp to the length that you want to achieve. I say this because waist length for me is 26-27" not the 24" in the chart as I am 5'9. For someone shorter, it may be less than 24"

[/ QUOTE ]

True but it is pretty accurate as far as measuring how long it will take, (6 inches a year).

butterscotch

This is the best information I have received on this forum so far...Now I know that It will take 18 months to two years for me to achieve my hair goal of 26 inches.

Thanks again HoneyRockette.

ngaa

thanks for the great chart honey, shows me that my hair goals r very archievable
talk bout ego boost

Kitkat

Re: How long will it take to grow my hair to my wa

I know I'm echoing everyone else, but thanks for the chart! It makes a lot of sense.

dahllia

WOW!!! So much information that I never knew was out here until I came to this forum. Thanx a bunch, Ive learned more about hair in my 2 or so months here than Ive learned in my entire life.

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!

I'm at the 2yr mark. Thanks honeyrockette and all who bumped the thread.

kandyland

I'm at 2 yrs.....wow 2 more years and I should be at waist length.....very encourauging....

adrienne0914

i was at the 3-year mark in june. so i think i'm ahead of schedule. i hope to make it by the end of this year. it's ALL gravy at this point though.

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]

[/b]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I measure wrong, I am 5'6 and my 18+ hair does not reach as long as hers, I go to top to ends, I get 18 inches but it does not reach as far as her hair does
Her hair is way pass bra lenght or top of bra strap, and I am not even that close yet, Am I doing something wrong and How do I measure correctly thanks everyone

Allandra

Happylocks,

There's no telling how tall the girl in the picture is, so it may not be the same on you. Some ladies here measure from the front hairline back to the ends. In this picture, it looks like the hair is being measured from the crown down to the ends.

thatscuteright

Honey, thanks for posting this. This so encouraging,and I feel so good, knowign that I am not htat far off teh mark. In 2 more years I have natural waist length hair

That feels so good to type

karen

I'm at the 2 year mark right now. since my hair grow between 7-8 inches a year, then I'll be at waistlenght at a little bit more than 1.5 years, thanks for the info. I think that by the end of december I'll be at 15 inches, 3 inches longer than now(12inches). Yay, but hopefully the supplement I'm taking will boost it up some more.

inthepink

This is definitely encouraging. If I can hold on to my ends, I think I am somewhere between 3 year and 4 year (closer to 3 year) so I should hopefully make waist length by spring 2004 or at the latest, beginning of summer 2004. by "holding on to my ends" I mean 1/2 inch trims every 2-3 months since I've already trimmed approx 2.5 inches since May! No more! If I hadn't found this site, I probably would have kept on with the major trims! I'm anxious to see where everyone will be in a year!