Sulfur and Castor Oil

Crysdon

Has anyone ever mixed their sulfur with castor oil only?

I made a concoction with castor oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil and a few drops of essential oils and I'm going to use up the last of it today. It's so runny and I figured I would eliminate the other thinner oils and use castor only for my new batch.

Will this work?

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
For my sulfur oil, I cut my castor oil with grapeseed oil. Castor oil alone is too thick to be absorbed into the scalp.

You can also make a pomade so you don't have to worry about a runny mixture.

Crysdon

For my sulfur oil, I cut my castor oil with grapeseed oil. Castor oil alone is too thick to be absorbed into the scalp.

Thanks NN. So, what's the difference between the castor oil and the pomade? Aren't both thick?

greenandchic

That's pretty much what I do.

Thanks NN. So, what's the difference between the castor oil and the pomade? Aren't both thick?

If castor oil alone can help thicken hair, I don't see why it wouldn't work with sulfur. When it use it alone, it absorbs in my skin and scalp.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL

A pomade is a solid, so you would apply like 'grease' to the scalp. It's easy to control the amount of product.

Castor oil alone will remain viscous until absorbed into the scalp/hair strand.

It really depends on the amount of oil you intend to use and if your scalp/hair can absorb it. My scalp can't absorb castor on its own. It will just sit on top and remain 'greasy'.