Which part of your hair grows the fastest?

Bosslady1

The back and middle of my hair grows the fastest. I am 8 weeks post and the middle of my head (as well as the back ) has 1 inch of new growth. The front looks like it is missing a quarter of that!:perplexed

I am trying to keep my hair leveled (blunt) but now I have to cut the back off by 1/4 or so.:sad:

If I don't then my back would look fuller than my sides.:wallbash:

How does your hair grow?

Alisha08

Definently the middle of my hair, it just always seems like i have much more newgrowth there than anywhere else. The back is always longer though, i never understood that, but it could just be because its at the bottom of my head. :spinning:

BlueEra

My crown grows the fastest, but I would kill if I could get the back to grow that way! My bangs tend to grow out very fast as well.

sweetcashew

The middle grows the fastest . My hair from my ears down is barely armpit length.

ETA: If my hair in the back was as long as the middle my hair would currently be back of my thighs.

The middle grows the fastest! the back grows really slowly, and my left side grows slowly than the right side! (I got a lot of problems lol!)
I think the middle grows the fastest because it is the part of the hair which is the most procteted, it doesn't rub on my pillow....
What do ya'll think about that? Does it make sense?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
It's odd for me. As a natural, the hair in the front, which is the straighted part of my hair grew the fastest. But as a relaxed lady, the crown and the back, which are the coarsest parts of my hair actually grow the fastest while the front and sides grow slowest. As a natural, it was exactly the opposite. Quite strange!!:look:

InnerSoul

The very back of my head grows the absolute fastest..so fast that I have to keep it trimmed b/c it would look flicted with the other areas of my hair:lachen:... the mid crown and top of my head grows alot slower.:sad:

Bosslady1

The middle grows the fastest! the back grows really slowly, and my left side grows slowly than the right side! (I got a lot of problems lol!)
I think the middle grows the fastest because it is the part of the hair which is the most procteted, it doesn't rub on my pillow....
What do ya'll think about that? Does it make sense?

I kinda agree.:yep: But even when I do protective styles (braids) I notice this.

Weird...

Bosslady1

It's odd for me. As a natural, the hair in the front, which is the straighted part of my hair grew the fastest. But as a relaxed lady, the crown and the back, which are the coarsest parts of my hair actually grow the fastest while the front and sides grow slowest. As a natural, it was exactly the opposite. Quite strange!!:look:

Definitely strange...

We need SistaSlick to come up in here!:lachen:

pearlygurl

All my hair grows very fast EXCEPT for the front left side :wallbash: I have to constantly trim the rest of my hair so I don't look crazy :lol:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Definitely strange...

We need SistaSlick to come up in here!:lachen:

I have a theory. I used to wear my hair in curly puffs as a natural. I'm thinking that the front was probably the most moisturized, whereas the crown was mostly exposed to the air, cold and sun. It's also very thick and curly. As we know curly hair tends to be the driest and doesn't retain that much moisture. But the front and sides being straighter, they were able to thrive. As a relaxed head, I think wearing buns may protect the crown area more. I keep that area very moisturized and covered. But since I'm now relaxed, the straightest part (front and sides) have actually become more fragile and delicate. These are the areas that I have to relax absolutely last.

That's just my theory. :drunk:

ToyToy

The back of my hair grows fastest. The front and sides grow fast as well, but there is a patch at the crown that grows really slowly.