Hi! Sharing pics of my journey from bald to HL

Cersei

Hi all. :grin: I've been lurking on this board for a long time, but after doing my second ever length check yesterday, decided it was time to post and participate.

I didn't really care about my hair one way or another until college, when I attempted to give myself a perm for the first time. Unfortunately, I did it completely wrong and my hair soon started falling out, so I decided to just shave it all off. Being bald was pretty awesome...for about a year. A friend finally convinced me to start growing it out and care for my natural texture. Even though it was frustrating at times, I loved it! I never imagined that I would be at hip length five years later.

Today, I did a pretty significant cut -- back to MBL or even BSL, not sure. Caring for such long and thick hair has NOT been easy! Still, now that I've achieved it once, I'm looking forward to hip length again...next year? :look:

Ok, here's some pics:

October 2007

A few years later... :blush: Early 2010

Blowout from last December

My first length check in July! Somewhere beyond WL

Yesterday's length check...right at HL

And earlier this afternoon...back at BSLish

Thanks for looking!

Cersei

Thanks everyone! :blush:

Beautiful and inspirational. But why the recent cut. Just curious.

You can't really see it in the pics, but my ends were a nightmare. Lots of tangling, split ends, SSKs, etc. So I cut a bunch off to start fresh and hopefully get my twisting time under 3 hours. :lol:

wow. amazing growth. please post your regimen ASAP!!

You're an inspiration. Please share what you did. Please?!:poke::giggle:

My regimen is really simple. I wash every 2 weeks (was cowashing until a few months ago; now I use a shampoo bar) and detangle with conditioner in the shower. I twist with coconut oil and wear it in a bun, then do a twistout the following week. Moisture/seal as needed. :yep:

SmileyNY

:love: Beautiful hair!!! I love how thick the ends are after your cut! Gawjus!!! :drool: I was considering cutting back to BSL for this very reason. Your beautiful pics may have just convinced me :yep:

bibs

Gorgeous hair!!! I couldn't even imagine how long it must have taken you to twist all of that!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF