Extending the Anagen Phase

My Friend

In order for growth aids to extend your anagen phase does it have to be internal? Do topical growth aids extend the phase?

Example: Taking MSM is better than using MTG

preciouslove0x

Don't have an answer to your specific question. But do realize that growth aids do not increase the anagen phase (research for yourself because this is what I have come to believe from the ladies on the board) growth aids just increase the hair growth within your set anagen phase.

tkj25

you can try ho she wu or fo ti. it's a chinese herb reported to extend the anagen phase. you can get them at the vitaminshoppe.com

My Friend

Don't have an answer to your specific question. But do realize that growth aids do not increase the anagen phase (research for yourself because this is what I have come to believe from the ladies on the board) growth aids just increase the hair growth within your set anagen phase.

This is what I wanted to say.

Thank you.

JuiceMobsta

In order for growth aids to extend your anagen phase does it have to be internal? Do topical growth aids extend the phase?

Example: Taking MSM is better than using MTG

Yeah it does need to be internal, I say just take the MSM and use MTG, that way you extend the anagen phase internally and maximize the growth with the topical growth aid...:scratchch kinda like that.

My Friend

Yeah it does need to be internal, I say just take the MSM and use MTG, that way you extend the anagen phase internally and maximize the growth with the topical growth aid...:scratchch kinda like that.

Have you used any growth aids? If so, which one and for how long? What growth did you experience?

JuiceMobsta

Have you used any growth aids? If so, which one and for how long? What growth did you experience?

I havent really used any growth aids...but I have used MSM off and on for a few months though but I have no idea what it has done. I dont even know how much my hair grows in a month and dont plan to try to figure it out either...:spinning: Would you count sulfur8 as a growth aid? :giggle:

tkj25

tkj- have you tried any of these?

yes, i've tried fo-ti and liked it, even though i bc'd again well before it reached anywhere near my "terminal" length. :grin::grin::grin: fo ti is just the american name of the chinese herb ho she wu. shen min is another product that contains the herb.

2themax

i've used both fo-ti and he shou wu. i stopped because they took too long to produce results. a chinese herbalist told me that they definitely work, but that i shouldn't expect any results until at least four months. well....after six months i didn't notice any positive results:nono: also he said that it had to do with the cleansing of the kidneys and liver that caused the increase in hair growth. ???

grow

has anyone got anything to report on chlorella or spirullina?

i hadn't thought of them at first, but when i read 2themax's post on the "cleansing the kidney's and liver" part, it made me think of a detox effect.

maybe the detox is important to extending the Anagen Phase. (?)

and if this is so, then i must admit that everyone who uses chlorella and spirullina always speaks of the detoxifying effects.

i use them, but just started.

maybe some experienced members who use them will chime in.

hhg ladies!