I'll never use another relaxer (PHYTO REVIEW)

Armyqt

Just call this STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND GET THIS NOW!!!! Part Deuce!! :D
Phyto Relaxer Index 1

OK here we go. So my hair hasn't been combed from root to tip in about 4 days (too much new growth). So I decided to skip the basing and go straight to the relaxer. I do manage to put some Protecto on the ends and about 4in up to protect that hair. So I section my hair into 4 and start to mix the solution. Yuck!! the smell is very chemically! I start getting nervous. At this moment I reconcile with myself that if all my hair hits the floor I'd be OK going natural and move forward :lachen:

The application went fairly smoothly, but the crown area was a little challenging. I started in the back and completed those 2 section before moving on to the front. I was finished with the application @ 10 minutes and decided to start smoothing. At this point I can tell the hair was not relaxed yet. Normally as soon as the relaxer hits my head my hair starts breaking down. Not so with Phyto. Although I'm not a smoother (makes my hair too flat), I realized I was gonna have to do some smoothing to help the relaxer along (didn't want underprocessing). So I smooth each section with my fingers for about 1-2 min each. At this point I'm amazed that I don't feel the slightest of tingling @ all.

After smoothing I prepare to neutralize. By the time I'm doing this the relaxer has been on for 18 min. It took SEVERAL (6) washes to get the neutralizer to turn white. I used the ENTIRE bottle. I lost an awful lot of hair during the process. This was due to normal shedding and some tangling from being bent over in the sink. Next I put on the Phyto CO and let that sit for about 5 minutes. I followed that up with Elucence MB CO for another 3 min.

Upon emerging from the shower, I apply some Lacio Lacio and NTM serum and comb through. I was gonna do a rollerset but I was too anxious so I blowdried instead. My hair is looking and feeling magnificent. Please fast forward past my meltdown and skip straight to after the big trim.

I'm amazed @ my hair. It's amazingly soft and bouncing and behaving like nobody's business. My hair has NEVER behaved like this EVER. Even after going to salons. The Phyto seems to have done major conditioning on my hair hair strands. Although I only touched up the roots, the relaxer still touches the hair during rinsing. I absolutely LOVE the results. ALso I forgot to mention. My roots are not completely straight. But that's what I want. I still have some wave left in there and that's fine by me. I will never use another relaxer.

Kaddy & Monalisa thanks for being such bigtime Phyto Pushas :lol: And thanks to all the Phyto users who raved about this amazing relaxer. Without you all, non of this beautiful hair would be possible :lachen: So when is my induction ceremony :lol:

PHYTO WORLD!!!!

KAddy

Thank you, thank you for the shout out.

You know a pusha is always excited to see the rave reviews of their product.

I told ya'll once you try it you will not want to go back to anything else. This relaxer is AMAZING!!!!

I'm so happy you had a great experience! (Not that I doubted you would for one minute
)

A PHYTORELAXER WORLD!!!!

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
I'm very glad you had a wonderful experience....... :)

OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY!!!! Y'all are going to seriously break my husband, fo sho'!

I'm really intrigued by this relaxer! HOWEVER, I just can't get past the price$$$$!!!

Since it leaves this wave pattern then don't you start have curling issues sooner? How do you tell what's newgrowth?

Oh, boy, oh boy, oh boy...... :ohwell:

*running off to investigate this Phyto stuff :lol: **

~op~

KAddy

onepraying said:

Since it leaves this wave pattern then don't you start have curling issues sooner? How do you tell what's newgrowth?
~op~

ArmyQT used index 1, which probably acted more like a texturizer. So that is why she probably has the wave pattern that she does.

ms_kenesha

PHYTOWORLD DOMINATION PHASE ONE COMPLETE: The Movie Star Has Taken the Bait.

PHASE TWO COMMENCING: All LHCF Relaxers to be using Phyto by the end of 2005!

*insert Dr. Evil laugh* :lol:

KAddy

ms_kenesha said:

<-- evil laugh

<-- another one

Ms_K you are crazy!!!! :lachen:

Nice

Hey ArmyQT :wave:,

I am happy to know that you are on board!!! BTW, what is your hair type? I want to use Index 1 but I am a 4a/b with fine hair.

Armyqt

Nice said:

I am happy to know that you are on board!!! BTW, what is your hair type? I want to use Index 1 but I am a 4a/b with fine hair.

I really don't know what my hair type is, but if I had to classify, I'd say 3c/4a. I don't think I have any "B" parts in my hair. And my strands are very fine. If you want a looser curl pattern I would go with Index 1. If you're looking for more of a straight look, you may want to try index 2.

I've always wanted to retain a wave pattern to my hair but in the past I've always ended up with underprocessed hair when attempting this. Phyto gives me more than enough to apply (becuase it's so mild) and I didn't come out with underprocessed hair.

Armyqt

onepraying said:
I'm very glad you had a wonderful experience....... :)

OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY!!!! Y'all are going to seriously break my husband, fo sho'!

I'm really intrigued by this relaxer! HOWEVER, I just can't get past the price$$$$!!!

Oh, boy, oh boy, oh boy...... :ohwell:

*running off to investigate this Phyto stuff :lol: **

~op~

If you want straight hair Index 2 might be for you. I prefer to have a little wave left in the hair. There should be a distinct difference in the the newgrowth and the relaxed hair. I guess kinda the same way people with texturizers can tell. Gone and get the relaxer girl and quit playing :poke: :lol:

KAddy

Armyqt said:
If you want straight hair Index 2 might be for you. I prefer to have a little wave left in the hair. There should be a distinct difference in the the newgrowth and the relaxed hair. I guess kinda the same way people with texturizers can tell. Gone and get the relaxer girl and quit playing :poke: :lol:

See, this is the sign of a good pusha. I can just sit back
and let the other ladies push it for me.

Good job ArmyQT

I know some ladies are like this too

Don't think I didn't notice all the siggys and posts about going to the beloved PhytoRelaxer. A pusha keeps her eyes and ears open.

Last edited:

Lindy

KAddy said:

OMG... that is just hilarious, but TRUE!! :rofl: I'm wondering if I could buy it and take it to the salon... :scratchch I'm just scurred to give up my beloved Affirm... :look: You know... if it aint broke, don't fix it!! ;)

MonaLisa

Nice said:

Hey Nice, know this is directed at Movie Star...but just wanted to say...

I'm 4a/b, Fine Haired....and I relaxed with Phyto Index 2 and LOVED it.

HTH.

MonaLisa

KAddy said:
Thank you, thank you for the shout out.

You know a pusha is always excited to see the rave reviews of their product.

I told ya'll once you try it you will not want to go back to anything else. This relaxer is AMAZING!!!!

I'm so happy you had a great experience! (Not that I doubted you would for one minute
)

A PHYTORELAXER WORLD!!!!

LMBO! Co-signing with the PhytoPusha! Thanks for the shout out Movie Star! I knew u would love it. I did all my research on Phyto since the summer of 04, so I knew I was gonna do it...but after seeing Digital Rain's hair and da Pusha here...it just sealed the deal for me.

It is an amazing product, isn't it? It's pricey, yes. But I so think it's worth it. If one can invest in conditioners, poos and such, why not the best relaxer EV-A (yes, I said EV-A;) ).

I so want to do a corrective with it, but the Pusha and Sengs have advised against it:cool: . My hair was so underprocessed prior to the Phyto, I'm still thinking it won't hurt me (stubborn Aries) if I do *cough*. I want to look like Lil Hiawatha.:lachen:

MonaLisa

ms_kenesha said:

STOP IT! STOP PLAYIIING!!! :lachen:

Shayla

KAddy said:

that's me!...lol...itching to get a relaxer and phyto will most likely be my choice :)

y'all have definitely talked it up..i'm just TOO interested

Armyqt

Hey Mona :wave: I was waiting for you to jump in here. Girl that Phyto is ALL that. I'm glad you guys pushed **ahem**, advertised this product so well. We need to all think about purchasing some stock in the company. Because once the general population gets a whiff of this, the stocks will be through the roof. :D

melodee

Army, I'm so happy you had a positive experience. Your tirm vent reminded me of myself, we don't like to see once inch go. But I'm ready to get on my jumpin shoes and hop on that bandwagon soon. Mainly because I wnat to self-relax- I'm sick of stylist jacking up my hair. i wanna jack my own hair up--SIKE!

Anyway, phyto seems so gentle, and that's what has me interested most. Your experience shows this. Do you think the reconstructor or whatever other products come with the kits helped to enhance your experience? Or was it just the relaxer?

AudraChanell

Thanks Ms_K and Kaddy. Include me on the Phyto List. Going to order now! I relax pretty easily and use Affirm and Motions Mild. Which Index do you think I should try? I want Index 1 but with ArmyQT still having a wavy pattern with Index 1 .... I am confused.

MonaLisa

Armyqt said:
Hey Mona :wave: I was waiting for you to jump in here. Girl that Phyto is ALL that. I'm glad you guys pushed **ahem**, advertised this product so well. We need to all think about purchasing some stock in the company. Because once the general population gets a whiff of this, the stocks will be through the roof. :D

Hi MovieStar!:wave: I'm here! I'm trying to explain to my hair buddy now...it's hard to explain...verbally...the Phyto experience...it's more of a touch, feel, visual kind of thing. Like, when it's applied...there's like NO burning, irritation. That was like a major plus to me cause I'm a sensitive scalped honey.

It is so good to hear you excited! Like a complete turn of joy after the big trim! I know ur hair is looking movie star right!:weird:

I have to get the PhytoDefrisant for the summer!

KAddy

AudraChanell said:
Okay, I just read the descriptions. I think I'll get Index 1 anyway ...

Yeah I was going to say that you should probably stick with index 1 as well.

We are glad to have you aboard the Phyto Train.

Ladies, we have plenty of seats. I know you don't want Audra to sit by herself in her row.

Uh oh, let me run before Sengschick sees me as she told me to stop recruiting. :look:

Nice

Now...if I were to use the Index 1 on my mostly 4b hair, how would my hair come out!!!

MonaLisa

KAddy said:
Yeah I was going to say that you should probably stick with index 1 as well.

We are glad to have you aboard the Phyto Train.

Ladies, we have plenty of seats. I know you don't want Audra to sit by herself in her row.

Uh oh, let me run before Sengschick sees me as she told me to stop recruiting. :look:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:lachen:! Oh Snapola! She sure nuff did say that too! Dayum...not only is the AVLON hitman out looking for you...Sengs is gonna be gunnin for you too. Good luck and wear good running shoes.