My Design Essentials relaxer review

beana

In a nutshell: it was great!

The specifics: My sister used the half an half relaxer technique (which i am absolutely in LOVE with and have confidence my hair will thrive with).

I was thinking about addiing oils to the relaxer but i decided not to. Since it was regular strength (i usually use mild) i decided it would be best to get the relaxer in a nd out... luckily the straightness was not sacraficed at all. I let the relaxer process for 15 minutes and the result was silky straight, shiny hair!! I dont have that flat thin/fried look that i'd expect from a fresh relaxer, my hair ws swinging and lush looking! Everyone has complimented me on it! I'm definitely sticking with lye from now on because the difference is sooo noticeable... its just really silky and shiny and full of body.

I'll update this post (if i can find it lol!) in 12 weeks to see how it lasts as far as stretching is concerned.

beana

artemis_e. said:
One more thing: Half and Half technique?? :confused:

Is this relaxing vertically or horizontally?

TIA

I did it horizontally and cliped and baggied the other section/half while the other processed. I used LondonDiva's method as my main guide for this technique.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
DE is a great relaxer. I never had any burning or anything with it. I couldnt get it myself tho, had to go to a professional. When I did mine myself I used to use vitale or pcj.

beana

Enchantmt said:
DE is a great relaxer. I never had any burning or anything with it. I couldnt get it myself tho, had to go to a professional. When I did mine myself I used to use vitale or pcj.

I based the hell outta my scalp with Vitale base cream.... worked really well. I have a VERY sensitive scalp and noticed a burning sensation when i did a strand test on a patch behind my ear...
I'm not gonna lie, i felt like i was a few minutes away from burning when my sister smoothed after 10 minutes... but the base cream and quick processing time left me with no burns or sensitive spots...