Teyana Taylor's Weave

vkb247

Is apparently Indique hair. I've seen many people ask what type of hair she uses and I've never seen an answer but I saw this on their website:

Featured on the cover of Edge Magazine, Teyana Taylor looks edgy chic! Sportin’ Indique’s BOUNCE Deep Wave, this fearless diva knows how to draw a crowd!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
What is she famous for again?

That's a good question.
I see pictures of her all the time, but the only time I've ever seen her like...working was when I saw her in Stomp the Yard 2. She only had like three lines though.

Her weaves always look so big and good.

carameldelight87

Yeah she does rap but I think she became famous after being on My Super Sweet 16. Idk who her parents are but apparently they're rich enough for her to be on that show on MTV.

Also, I thought her hair was real. It's kinda disappointing that it's not. :sad:

iri9109

she's supposed to be in an upcoming tyler perry movie...madea's happy family or something like that...i've always loved her weaves...but i dont know if she always uses that brand or texture because it looks different all the time

Russet

She and one of my good friends went to middle school together in Harlem, NY. She's a rapper/singer/choreographer/now actress/model and her sweet 16 along with N.E.R.D. was the beginning of her career. I'm not sure if she comes from rich parents, or if she has a rags to riches story, but her style is phenom

Boujoichic

sorry but LOL!!:lol:

shes a rapper.

"google me" baby .. :look: pluss she has stooopid rich parents. isaw her sweet sixteen episode awhile back on MTV.
I dont think her parents are actually rich her record company just funded her party on that show for publicity.

aquajoyice

Well she had a song called Google Me. Ummm and she remade a lot of other artist songs on YT. Annnnd she errrr uummmmm did a couple dances to other artist songs and posted them on YT. Oh and she has fabulous abs and a great weave :yep::yep::yep:

FocusLady

I dont think her parents are actually rich her record company just funded her party on that show for publicity.

N.E.R.D.S funded the party. I don't think she is rich but she is a good dancer and model. Rapper and singer; I don't know about all that. I like her hair but I don't know if its a weave or real.

Russet

N.E.R.D.S funded the party. I don't think she is rich but she is a good dancer and model. Rapper and singer; I don't know about all that. I like her hair but I don't know if its a weave or real.

Unless she transitioned, or idk went aboard a HHJ I doubt that's all her

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
It's not her hair.
On MSSS, it was big and curly, and then a few months later, it was shoulder length relaxed. And the next time I saw her, it was big and curly again.
I know that people can relax and then transition again, but hair just doesn't grow that fast.

The only reason why people believe that her hair is her's is because of her ethnicity.

mischka

shrinkage.
i was hoping this post would just continue with a bunch of random associations til we arrived at 'i heard she controls the weather and wrote the screenplay to glitter!'

Mz.MoMo5235

all i know is i wish my real hair looked like her weave.... i'd rather grow it than buy it, but i gotta work with what jebus gave me.... and my momma, she had a part in it too

lilsparkle825

She and one of my good friends went to middle school together in Harlem, NY. She's a rapper/singer/choreographer/now actress/model and her sweet 16 along with N.E.R.D. was the beginning of her career. I'm not sure if she comes from rich parents, or if she has a rags to riches story, but her style is phenom
Was it a private or public school? It's not 100% definitive whether or not she is rich, but it usually is an indicator IMO.
She's also Pharrell Williams niece.
I thought she was just one of his artists. Learn something new every day.

SmileyNY

sorry but LOL!!:lol:

shes a rapper.

"google me" baby .. :look: pluss she has stooopid rich parents. isaw her sweet sixteen episode awhile back on MTV.

Her parents aren't the rich ones. She's Pharell William's niece. 3 cheers for nepotism! Her weave looks great :yep:

PearlyCurly

It's not her hair.
On MSSS, it was big and curly, and then a few months later, it was shoulder length relaxed. And the next time I saw her, it was big and curly again.
I know that people can relax and then transition again, but hair just doesn't grow that fast.

The only reason why people believe that her hair is her's is because of her ethnicity.

i thought she was black & more black??!! What is she?
And i did not know she was Pharell William's niece:ohwell: I've also heard that she helped with the dance "Chicken noodle soup" and she helped out Beyonce with choreo???

Annnnddd, i also never got why everyone thought her party was so amazing.. There was much better parties on there:look:

Uniqzoe

I love her hair (weave or not). I don't believe she is relaxed though, I've see far more pics of her curly than straight.

ETA: PearlyCurly your gif is hilarious.

glamazon386

I love her hair (weave or not). I don't believe she is relaxed though, I've see far more pics of her curly than straight.

ETA: PearlyCurly your gif is hilarious.[/UOTE]

You don't have to be natural to wear a curly weave. All they have to do is curl the leave out hair. She wears bangs quite a bit too which usually indicates it's a full head weave with no hair left out. Sometimes she wears wigs.

Based on all the pictures I've seen of her real hair, it looks relaxed. Relaxed and damaged at that. It looks relaxed in that first picture OP posted too. It's not even blended good.

ITA with iri9109, It always looks different. Probably not the same hair all the time. The curl patterns/texture change.

Last edited:

bellebebe

She first got in the scene with "sweet sixteen", then she made a video called "google me", and she's had a few lines in some movies. I know she's going to be in Tyler Perry's "Big happy family" movie which is coming out sometime soon. She's getting herself out there.

Zaz

And i did not know she was Pharell William's niece:ohwell: I've also heard that she helped with the dance "Chicken noodle soup" and she helped out Beyonce with choreo???

Isn't that why people figure it's her real hair?

When I first saw her, seeing as how she's black with huge natural hair I assumed it was hers, if she'd been a blonde white girl I might've called foul :lol:

eta mischka I think that's as close as we'll get, choreographed chicken noodle soup, which is obviously a rain dancing ritual (let it rain, and clear it out, duh), so there you have it she controls the weather:lachen:

Last edited:

MsEveMarie

Annnnddd, i also never got why everyone thought her party was so amazing.. There was much better parties on there:look:

ding ding ding this is correct lol she popped off b/c she choreographed the chicken noodle soup dance...then the whole sweet 16 thing happened and she became more well known to everyone.

personally, her sweet 16 was my fav bc one shes from harlem (yayy) 2. pharrell (my #1 hubby) was there.

Also, her parents are not rich or nething...party/gifts was mostly her money along with star treks im assuming.

And her hair was originally really big and curly like that naturally but she cut to about shoulder length. She already began establishing her image with the big hair, and thats how people recognized her, so she said execs or w/e had her put on lace wigs/weave to keep up that image.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over

I heard she was some kind of native american and trinidadian.

Chanteuse

In this video, the interviewer asks her about her hair and she says it's her own. Her hair is straightened and looks super healthy. It was done a while ago though so I guess now she alternates with weave and wigs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjxIwPUBm_s

ETA: He asks her at 1:45. She has a cute, likeable personality IMO.