Ever use Flexi-Strand?

LadyPaniolo

It looks neat. www.flexistrand.com

It's sorta like 2 weave tracks that are sewn together. You braid one track into your cornrow and let the other track hang down, for a tree braids type style. (though the website has a crawl that adamantly insists this is NOT tree braids, it just looks like a different way to do tree braids :imo: )

Have any of you ever used it? Pros/cons, tips, tricks etc?

Last edited:

ChocalateDiva

I have not used it, but I did call to see how much it cost for the hair. They said that the synthetic is 39.99 a pack and the human is 79.99 a pack. You will need 2 packs.

I decided against it..:nono:

LadyPaniolo

They are smoking something, with that crazy price! :eek:

I started sewing some weave tracks to some weave bang tracks I had. I can cornrow the bangs track in my hair and let the other hair dangle.

ThatJerseyGirl

Funny you should post this thread. I just got my flexistrand weave done this past Saturday, and I must say, I am very happy. I'm in the process of having a picture taken of my hair so I can post it.

I live in the Maryland area, and the woman who did my hair is the only one certified by this company to do it. I arrived at her home (she does hair out of her house) on a Saturday at 8:45. I already washed and deep conditioned my hair, since my hair was in bondage since 7/11 (Senegalese twists). She started on my head at 9:00 and we were done by 10:52 (I checked my cell phone). I LOVE IT. All of my hair is cornrowed in, none left out and I have been getting a lot of compliments at work, etc. No thread, glue, etc. The price (hair inclusive) was $250. This, in my opinion was the best weave I've ever had, and it only took a little under 2 hours. If I had went to my old stylist who does my weave, I would have been in her salon all day, no matter what day I go. You can't be that.

The woman at my bank (downtown DC) has the flexistrand weave, as we are both avid weave wearers, and her hair looks awesome. I like the fact that there is no thread pulling or tugging on my own hair, and since I am growing my hair out, I will be in her chair for the next year. Yes, I am doing a personal weave-for-a-year challenge.

poookie

Funny you should post this thread. I just got my flexistrand weave done this past Saturday, and I must say, I am very happy. I'm in the process of having a picture taken of my hair so I can post it.

I live in the Maryland area, and the woman who did my hair is the only one certified by this company to do it. I arrived at her home (she does hair out of her house) on a Saturday at 8:45. I already washed and deep conditioned my hair, since my hair was in bondage since 7/11 (Senegalese twists). She started on my head at 9:00 and we were done by 10:52 (I checked my cell phone). I LOVE IT. All of my hair is cornrowed in, none left out and I have been getting a lot of compliments at work, etc. No thread, glue, etc. The price (hair inclusive) was $250. This, in my opinion was the best weave I've ever had, and it only took a little under 2 hours. If I had went to my old stylist who does my weave, I would have been in her salon all day, no matter what day I go. You can't be that.

The woman at my bank (downtown DC) has the flexistrand weave, as we are both avid weave wearers, and her hair looks awesome. I like the fact that there is no thread pulling or tugging on my own hair, and since I am growing my hair out, I will be in her chair for the next year. Yes, I am doing a personal weave-for-a-year challenge.

oooohhh.... what part in md? would you mind posting the info of the lady that did it? i'd like to get weaved up soon, and that price looks really nice.

LadyPaniolo

Hey ThatJerseyGirl! I'm glad you had a good experience! I've never been in and out of a chair that fast, and I know you were too happy to get on with your day so quickly!

I can't wait to see your pics! I agree the girls in the gallery on there looked really natural and nice.

The price is just too high for me. :nono: I'm bootleg... I'm sewing some tracks together and that will just have to do.

ETA: I gave up trying to cornrow it in, it kept getting all tangled together till I threw that mess in the corner in frustration!

Last edited:

LadyPaniolo

Hi guys, I am the Flexi-Strand Rep who did the two ladies hair in Maryland. My name is Youmenar Herr. I about a week I will start a blog that will allow you to ask questions and get answers about the process. I am also in the process of putting together a demo session. In the mean time if you need to reach me, please call 240-626-8481

Hi Youmenar! :hiya:

How much do you charge for this service?

LadyPaniolo

This really sounds like a neat way to get a weave. I just can't see parting with that much money, especially when I can do my own hair.

Maybe some day the price will come down and I'll get one. I'm pathologically cheap.