How soon after relaxer is it safe to wash hair?

Cindy70

Does anyone know how soon after a relaxer touch up it is okay to wash your hair, be it conditioner washes or regular washes with shampoo? Can you possibly cause breakage by washing your hair too soon after a touch up? Thanks in advance for the input!

Crysdon

I always do a conditioner wash & deep conditioner under a heating cap, the very next day after a touch-up. I do this to get the moisture back in my hair.

To answer your question, yes it is safe to wash after a touchup.

Allandra

I've shampooed my hair the day after getting a relaxer touch-up. I've even shampooed it a few days after getting a touch-up.

fletgee

Re: How soon after relaxer is it safe to wash hair

I also wash and deep condition my hair the day after (or 2 days at the latest) my relaxer. I have been doing this for more then 5 years.

carmella25

Re: How soon after relaxer is it safe to wash hair

I was my hair with conditioner the next day after Ive put my relaxer on. As a matter a fact I was my hair everyday.

smooches

If I'm not wearing my hair straight, I do a conditioner wash and deep condition the very next day after a touch-up to re-moisturize.

ny2atl

I usually conditioner wash my hair 2-3 days after my touch up. I do it to remoisturize my hair because the perm leaves it feeling dry. I wait those 2-3 days because I'm usually LOVIN' my hair and want to keep that salon body for a couple of days.