What do you do after taking out braids?

Amour

I have twists in my hair atm, I plan to take them out on Tuesday (which will make it exactly 1 month since I put them in) but I'm thinking about what I should do to my hair after removing them?

I was considering either henna, aphoghee treatment or just plain ol DC. Generally after braids would you think your hair requires more protein or moisture?

toyztoy

<Good question bumping> I just got kinky twist yesterday But I'd like to know for when I take them out!

baby42

when i took them out i did a good shampoo and good protein treatment and a good deep conditioner and i moisturizers sorry i dont know a bout hena treatment:)

smuice

baby42 said:
when i took them out i did a good shampoo and good protein treatment and a good deep conditioner and i moisturizers sorry i dont know a bout hena treatment:)

I just took my braids out and i applied a dc, now I am going to apply henna! I love it...why not try some?;) It strengthens and thickens the hair.

remnant

Funny I have the same problem now,
I will take my individuals with extensions out on wednesday and I'm planning to do henna, protein treatment and moisturizing deep conditionning, because I'll will redo individuals the week after... hoping it will not be too much for my hair:look:

RubyWoo

I do a medium protien treatment/reconstructor(I use Aphogee 2 min Intensive Keratin reconstructor) and follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioning. If you opt to do the heavy Aphogee Treatment right after taking out braids, make sure your hair is properly detangled or you will have tangles for days. I used aphogee when I wasn't properly detangled(and I thought I was) and it was a nightmare. I prefer to do my heavy Aphogee treatment the next wash day after the first wash out of braids.

baby42

smuice said:
I just took my braids out and i applied a dc, now I am going to apply henna! I love it...why not try some?;) It strengthens and thickens the hair.
scared i have to learn how to do it right to make it come our right and not get a rat nest:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:whats so said is i need my hair to be thicken and strong:( i have to fine some thing to but in it so my hair wont be dry:confused: like some say their hair get when they wash it out i have to read up on it

cutiebe2

I apply a thick coat of conditioner to my hair before taking my braids out to cut down on breakage. Once they are out I do a thick coat again and leave it in for a couple of hours...then I was with clarifier....I try not to do too much the first day

newflowers

I apply oil the day or so before - bt right now, but before was camellia, rice bran, etc. - and then i sit down to a movie and do the deed. After, I brush with the deman to remove shed hair and tangles (usually not too bad) and then I clarify washing really well. After, I use a light protein and then a deep moisturing condition whcih I cover with a bag for a few hours before rinsing. I'm usually out of braids for a couple of days before they go back in (I'm C&G Challenge), but this has been a good regime for me. No breakage, hardly any tangles, and very little shed hair. It's growing and I keeping it.

hothair

I just took out individual braids put some henna with coffee (for browner tone) rinsed through with Lustrasilk shea butter, then followed with a deep condition with humectress. Put leave in conditioner and BT and got it back into a Ghana weave it seems like i made just over an inch in 5 weeks:grin: