Frenchee aka Dog Mane

happylocks

Has anyone heard of this? Frenchee super gro- Scalp and temple onitment/Hair Conditioner and Hair Dress- It has a very funny, I say bad smell that is strong, it is suppose to grow your hair, has anyone heard of it or use it? I am scaried/ it is water repellent

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Speak of the devil! I saw this for the fist time yesterday when I went to the bss. I've never used it. It's black and it smells exactly like Glover's and the directions say to leave it in for three days before shampooing.

Some of the jars had ingredients listed and some didn't... It smells like Glover's, but I didn't see pine tar or sulfer on the list. I'm also interested in finding out if anyone here has used it.

happylocks

The bottle that I have does not have any ingredients on it, My Friends mom left it here,some time ago and it has just been sitting here,
that ppl in my town use it (country ppl)
, She said it made her and her daugthers her grow, it is suppose to have sulfur in it, but I have no ingredients so I dont know, I will check the web and get back to you on that, but I am not using it just yet, it is something you have to use, when you know you will not be around ppl anytime soon
Thanks Bye

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
The next time I go to the store (I'm sure it will be soon
) I'll jot down the ingredients for you. The clerks are used to seeing me do this and get a big kick out of it.

HOTCHOCOLATE

That sounds like the "Dog Mane" we made back in the day which was a mixture of Glover's and Vaseline. I remember when I was in the 6th grade a classmate, who had 3 inches of hair, came back for summer break with hair pass her shoulders. I wish I could try this, but the smell

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I had to make an emergency bss run--I dropped my activator/gel mixture on the floor and it exploded all over my bathroom!

Here's the info:

Frenchee Super Gro Scalp and Temple Ointment Hair Conditioner and Hair Dress
White petrolatum, lanolin, microcristalline wax, fragrance, vitamin e acetate, hydrolyzed collagen, methyl paraben, vitamin A & D, yellow dye #11, FD&C green #6

It smells identical to Glover's. I don't think they listed all the ingredients...

happylocks

Thanks for looking out. DO you think it works? I will use it if it does, but only on the weekends,
, I have classes and cant go there smelling like that or they will
hahahahah

HOTCHOCOLATE

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
happylocks said:
Thanks for looking out. DO you think it works? I will use it if it does, but only on the weekends,
, I have classes and cant go there smelling like that or they will
hahahahah

[/ QUOTE ]

Happylocks,

I can't tell if it works, only what I was told by my classmate what her mother did to grow out her hair. I'll tell you the truth, When I was in college, I tried it for one week, but did not stick with it. If you try it I would suggest doing it on summer break then you can apply it every day. And you should up # of times you wash your hair since the ingredients in the mixture could clogg your pores.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
DO you think it works?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people say Glover's increased their growth rate. I couldn't stick with it long enough to see a difference... And this stuff seems very similar to Glover's. Only in a grease instead of a liquid.

I have classes and cant go there smelling like that

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't.
When I opened the jar in the store, someone a couple of feet away said, "What's that smell?"
I can't imagine anyone lasting three days with this stuff in her hair.
Even if she stays in the house alone!

happylocks

Well I will try it really
, I did a little figuring and if I start useing Friday afternoon apply it till sunday night and wash that should all most be like 3 days
, then I can wash that nigth, apply my t-tree cream and all should go well, 3 day out of a week should not be too bad, I get some good length
- hopefully

happylocks

I did it, I add the Dog Mane
, to my hair, it toke some time, I must say that I was scaried
, It was like tar, but once I put it on I was ok
, This is the first time I have used it so I will see how it goes, After I am done, I am going to have to wash my scraf
- tell me if any of you will try it

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Let us know how it works for you. I tried Glover's for a few weeks and the smell nearly drove me insane. And I only left it on for a couple of hours.
I know I wouldn't be able to stand smelling the Frenchee for three days.

FYI--If you find that the scent lingers after you shampoo, try applying some Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade and/or some Pantene Detangling Spray. That's what I used to get rid of the Glover's smell.

Phoenix

I've never tried Dog Mane or Glover's but a few years ago before I stopped using products with petroleum &amp; mineral oil I oiled my scalp with Sulfer 8 and got a lot of growth. Maybe these products will do the same since they contain sulfer too? I'm starting to think there may be something to these old-timey remedies. I mean, I was slathering this thick petroleum filled, stinky grease on my scalp 3x a week and washing every two weeks and my hair grew faster than ever. Go figure.

happylocks

I did have to go out today, with ppl
, but no one noticed it, The smell came later at night on the way home, but what I did, I put so Hesh castor oil
, and some T-tree on my hair before I left the house, cause my hair was smelling bad
, So I think that help, I had no problems so umm

happylocks

I made it through the week with the Dog Mane, really I would say it was only 2 day, starting friday night-sunday morning,
, it was not that hard, I will do the same next week hopefully.
But I will have to get some stronger shampoo

happylocks

Friday is almost here, if I DID NOT KEEP UP WITH THIS POST, then I would have not really remember, that I was going to do it every week,
, But I will this week hopefully, I am looking forward to it, Do you know of anything eles ppl mix with it to give growth do tell

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]
That sounds like the "Dog Mane" we made back in the day which was a mixture of Glover's and Vaseline. I remember when I was in the 6th grade a classmate, who had 3 inches of hair, came back for summer break with hair pass her shoulders. I wish I could try this, but the smell

[/ QUOTE ]
The summer is here and I am ready to use my Frenchees, anyone care to join me. Is there anything eles I can add to it to give it a boast. I will really enjoy that, If that girl had 3 inches and came back with hair passed her shoulders, I would say more then 6 inches, corrected me if I am wrong,
I measure with tape (HL 2 End) starting with 3 inches, took it to my shoulders and that was 20 inches,
, that is 17 inches, and I am 5'6. it would be alot less if I was shorter I think
Is that possible
.What age was she? Does anyone know how often I should use it, and how it works?

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]
The girl was 11 or 12 y/o. And she said it was applied everyday. Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]
Do any of you think, My calculation are corrected,
, that is a lot of inches if so, plus it depends on her height right?

joyous

Chipmunk have you used the floral scented Glover's yet? If so, have you gotten good results? Thanks.

Chipmunk

Yes I have used the floral scent, only 2x though. And not regularly, so I can't say that I saw results. It didn't have the same tingly affect on my scalp as the regular one does.

HOTCHOCOLATE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The girl was 11 or 12 y/o. And she said it was applied everyday. Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]
Do any of you think, My calculation are corrected,
, that is a lot of inches if so, plus it depends on her height right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, height does play a part. I'm 5'2 and 22" is bra strap for me.

happylocks

"If that girl had 3 inches and came back with hair passed her shoulders, I would say more then 6 inches, corrected me if I am wrong,
I measure with tape (HL 2 End) starting with 3 inches, took it to my shoulders and that was 20 inches, , that is 17 inches, and I am 5'6. it would be alot less if I was shorter I think Is that possible"
"Do any of you think, My calculation are corrected, , that is a lot of inches if so"

I wanted to know about that, What I had said early, Was her growth about 6 inches, for me if I had 3 inches and grow shoulder length in 1 summer that would be 17 inches
, I wanted to check my calculation for that girl, It is just a guesstament