Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In

ctosha

I just wanted some feedback on this leave in conditioner. I went to sistas place website and Ive seen a few ladies on here who have mentioned using this product and would just like some feedback on the following if possible, mind you I have thick 4a/b natural hair that gets dry easily:

How well does it moisturize? Does the moisture last a while?
Does it have slip, does it make combing through after washing easier
Can this be found in stores or is everyone who has it is ordering from a website?

I know its not water based (to my knowledge) and i think thats what I need a leave in thats not water based. Its weird cuz i know after Ive added my oils to seal and the next day if i ad jus regular water to remoisturize, that method doesn't leave my hair feeling dry.

Seraphina

I really like it. I've seen a couple of people say they don't like the smell, but I love it, and I've only received complements on the way it smells.
I use it like this:
CO wash, detangle with conditioner still in, rinse conditioner out, put in Shea Moisture immediately (while still in the shower and hair is still dripping wet) with my head upside-down (this encourages my curls), seal ends with oil, airdry.
I find it very moisturizing and it has helped tremendously with my frizz. I also like it better than other leave-ins because it doesn't leave my hair crunchy at all. The moisture lasts until my next wash (but I usually co wash every day anyway, so:ohwell:). I think it would have slip, but I detangle before using it, so I can't really comment on that. I buy mine online at beautyofnewyork.com.

I think this stuff has a bit of a learning curve. It's extremely thick (it can be hard to get out of the bottle sometimes), so a little goes a long way. I used to much the first couple of times and it wasn't cute. It's just a matter of trial and error.

gorgeoushair

I love the smell of this:grin: For me it works better on dry hair than on wet. On wet hair it makes my hair feel coated or something. It's not a product I would repurchase.

scorpian

I love the smell of this:grin: For me it works better on dry hair than on wet. On wet hair it makes my hair feel coated or something. It's not a product I would repurchase.

I agree..don't like it leaves a nasty coating on my daughter's natural hair