Has Anyone Tried the MoeGro Growth Recipe

SilverSurfer

Has Anyone tried the Moe Gro Recipe that is posted at the other natural hair board. The person who introduced the recipe says she gets 1/2 in a week using it and a lot of people are agreeing that it has increased their hair growth. I'm going to give it a shot and buy the ingredients tomorrow.

It's basically horsetail herb infused in jojoba oil for 3 days and add aloe vera gel to it and apply to scalp every other day.

Anyone here tried it?

Originally Posted by Sui Topi
Also! Keep in mind that horsetail is not good if you have high blood pressure, you should use nettle instead. I don't have high blood pressure, but when scooping it out dry to put into the oil, I do feel my heart race a little bit. I don't notice it while applying the oil, only when it is the dry herb. So be careful with that ladies please! If you have blood pressure problems, opt for the nettle mix instead of horsetail

Last edited:

SilverSurfer

I've read it there and in her fotki, but I haven't yet to tried it. Haven't been able to find the horsetail herbs NO WHERE!:wallbash:

Have you tried to order it online? She also said you can you the horsetail tea bags so if I can't find the herb at my local natural health store...I'm sure they would have the teas.

AsTheCurlzTurns

Have you tried to order it online? She also said you can you the horsetail tea bags so if I can't find the herb at my local natural health store...I'm sure they would have the teas.

Yes I looked around online at the time and still couldn't find them. And then there was a mention of someone stating that another name for it was shavegrass? Tried inquiring about that one too, and no such luck. Not even teabags of those around these parts. I live in the boondocks LOL!

Sui Topi

YES! It is a staple in my regimen at least until the end of the year..(I dont want to be greedy lol and by then if it all works out I'll be at my goal.) I have gotten .5 in one week, but I am tweaking it a bit to see what is the best mix. I make mine with olive oil, horsetail herb and nettle. I infuse the olive oil with the herbs and then after 3 days I mix it with some aloe and apply to my hair every day with an applicator bottle. It really really does work. If I don't get .5 a week, I get .25 which really is not bad seeing as I get .5 in a month without doing anything....its like worst things worst I double my growth in a month. I'm taking some pictures this month to document it weekly though because I want them for reference and I also am on the 12 inches in 12 months challenge. So far, my best mixture is the one I am using now with nettle, and horsetail in olive oil. The jojoba gave me .5 too, but it's so expensive. I'm watching this batch though, because if I don't scritch my scalp daily, it only yields .25

Sui Topi

If anyone is interested, when I finally get this mix down pat and figure out how to get the most results out of it (and proof lol), I'm willing to mix and send some out

charmtreese

How would you do it with a tea bag...would you steep the bag in jojoba oil or would you break the bag open dump the contents in the oil, steep and drain in 3 days?

Sui Topi

Sounds great! my only question is what does it mean to "infuse"?

to infuse the oil, you put the herbs in a glass jar and fill it with however much oil you are using, and put it into some boiling water. Put the water on low so that the heat does not destroy the properties and let it sit a while.

With this oil, afterwards, I leave it on top my fridge to sit. There is a low heat on the top of my fridge and it infuses some more there. Then I just put a piece of stocking across the jar to strain the herbs, and pour out some into the bottle. When I finish it, I just pour some more in. I leave the rest in the jar on the fridge, so I guess it gets more potent as it goes on.

SilverSurfer

I just got my ingredients today:
I bottle horsetail(shavegrass) capsules
4 oz of Jajoba oil
Aloe vera gel
I am also going to add Nettle to my batch.

FYI:
The lady at the Herb shop said Nettle and Horsetail herb can be used topically while pregnant or nursing

SilverSurfer

Here is the original recipe and directions. If you don't have the supplies you can order them online.

supplies
one glass jar
6oz of jojoba oil or macadamia nut oil
2oz aloe vera juice/gel
2 tblsp of horsetail herbs
plastic squirt bottle (like the one for hair dye)

1. place oil and herbs in a the jar
2. place jar in a pot of boiling water let the oil heat up
3. remove jar from water and place the top on it let this sit for three days so the herb can infuse with the oil
4. strain oil in to squirt bottle
5. pour in 2oz of aloe
6. shake well and your ready to go

with this mix you will oil you SCALP (after i brush it through my hair) if you use Jojoba you may have to reapply every two day because you scalp will absorb the oil completely. with the mac oil you will reapply it once a week depending on how fast your scalp absorbs the oil.
continue to wash and condition you hair as usual just dont pile on a bunch of other products if you can dont put any thing else on you SCALP you dont want to clog you pours.

SUZIEq

Thanks for posting this:yep:

Here is the original recipe and directions. If you don't have the supplies you can order them online.

supplies
one glass jar
6oz of jojoba oil or macadamia nut oil
2oz aloe vera juice/gel
2 tblsp of horsetail herbs
plastic squirt bottle (like the one for hair dye)

1. place oil and herbs in a the jar
2. place jar in a pot of boiling water let the oil heat up
3. remove jar from water and place the top on it let this sit for three days so the herb can infuse with the oil
4. strain oil in to squirt bottle
5. pour in 2oz of aloe
6. shake well and your ready to go

with this mix you will oil you SCALP (after i brush it through my hair) if you use Jojoba you may have to reapply every two day because you scalp will absorb the oil completely. with the mac oil you will reapply it once a week depending on how fast your scalp absorbs the oil.
continue to wash and condition you hair as usual just dont pile on a bunch of other products if you can dont put any thing else on you SCALP you dont want to clog you pours.

SUZIEq

Please keep us posted about this! My curiosity has been peaked.

If anyone is interested, when I finally get this mix down pat and figure out how to get the most results out of it (and proof lol), I'm willing to mix and send some out

eshille

OP..thx for inquiring about the potion and Sui thx for the nettle addition. I'm making this mix...no chems...YEA!

subscribing :grin:

SilverSurfer

Use Aloe Vera Gel not Juice.

For tea bags...you just cut it open and pour the herbs into a glass jar with the oil and boil it to infuse it for about 20 minutes or so and strain the herbs out from the oil

eshille

This is interesting:

It is important to keep in mind that the medicinal effects of the leaf and root of the nettle are markedly different. Nettle root, for instance, shows exceptional efficacy in treating prostate complaints in men. Nettle leaf has some of the same effects, but not to the same extent. The leaf, on the other hand, shows some promise in boosting immune system function and is an effective treatment for many skin conditions.

One final use should be noted and that is nettle leaf has been used as a hair and scalp treatment for centuries, and again, those uses are being supported by research as well. Nettle leaf extract seems to promote hair regrowth and thicken hair, as well as reducing dandruff and scalp conditions when used as a rinse.

Precautions
Because of its diuretic and hypotensive actions, nettle leaf may lower blood pressure. If you are taking diuretics or other drugs meant to lower blood pressure, consult your doctor before using nettle leaf. Its long term, extended use is not recommended.

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/nettle_leaf.php

eshille

This is interesting:

It is important to keep in mind that the medicinal effects of the leaf and root of the nettle are markedly different. Nettle root, for instance, shows exceptional efficacy in treating prostate complaints in men. Nettle leaf has some of the same effects, but not to the same extent. The leaf, on the other hand, shows some promise in boosting immune system function and is an effective treatment for many skin conditions.

One final use should be noted and that is nettle leaf has been used as a hair and scalp treatment for centuries, and again, those uses are being supported by research as well. Nettle leaf extract seems to promote hair regrowth and thicken hair, as well as reducing dandruff and scalp conditions when used as a rinse.

Precautions
Because of its diuretic and hypotensive actions, nettle leaf may lower blood pressure. If you are taking diuretics or other drugs meant to lower blood pressure, consult your doctor before using nettle leaf. Its long term, extended use is not recommended.

I may get the extract to use in a rinse and the leaves for the oil infusion..:yep:

felicia

Use Aloe Vera Gel not Juice.

For tea bags...you just cut it open and pour the herbs into a glass jar with the oil and boil it to infuse it for about 20 minutes or so and strain the herbs out from the oil

Can I use the gel straight from the plant? just want to make sure

SilverSurfer

This is interesting:

Precautions

You are absolutely right...although both are okay to use..it is the nettle leaf that is recommended for the hair growth