New Options Alkaline Mineral Softener ????

delp

New Options Alkaline Mineral Softener ??/Calling All Chemist. Look and Advise

Has anyone used or heard of this product. Came across the site while websurfing.
http://www.crockettcompany.com./products.html

New Options Alkaline Mineral Softener
We’ve combined advanced relaxing technology with alkaline salt minerals. 98% less chemicals and half the time of a press and curl…the hair will not revert! …the experience is amazing.

New Options Alkaline Mineral Hair Softener contains no caustic or harsh chemicals. Most hair relaxers contain sodium hydroxide (Lye), calcium hydroxide (“no lye”), or lithium hydroxide. These chemicals break the bonds in your hair and erode your cuticle.
The New Options formula raises the alkalinity (PH) of the hair causing it to soften and loosen the curl texture. New Options is 98% chemical free. The synthetic ingredients are fillers and emulsifiers for a smooth application. The active ingredients are natural. New Options Alkaline Mineral Softener is made with minerals, vitamins, amino acids, nut butters, essential oils, emulsifiers, wax, and water. And its not permanent.
http://www.crockettcompany.com./faq.html#Faq 2

Then NaturallyCurlyVixen had this to add:
Bio Softening is not a relaxer. It doesn’t have any chemical in it. It is permanent and softer on your curls. In order to maintain it to last long, you just have to use the Deep Therapy Masque once a week. Then your hair will look healthier every time you do the process. It will last 3-6 months depending on your hair. We recommend free consultation before appointment.

The Alkaline Mineral: for Natural Hair
a 98% chemical free conditioning treatment.
Alkaline Mineral contains 2% sodium (salt) does not contain hydroxide, does not dissolve hair. It softens the hair, does not straighten the hair, does not compromise the integrity of the hair. The natural wave pattern of the hair stays in tact. Therefore you can wear your hair
in its natural state or if you apply heat, ie, curling irons, flat irons or roller sets, you will get a smooth shiney relaxer look to the hair.
Your hair will feel soft and have great body. You have the option of wearing the style of your choice without destroying
your hair chemically.
Great for children, women who have problems with relaxers,
such as burning and breakage, good for press & curls, natural styles ie, braids, twists, dreads… color friendly.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

I have heard of this. I reminds me of Bodophier (sp?). I would be interested in what the actual ph of the products are. I think my kinky hari would just laugh at that stuff. :)

Ntrlmystik

I have been doing research on this because I am considering relaxing on my hair because of carpel tunnel but I really dont want to give up my coils. I spoke to the Crockett guy before and he told me they are all pretty much the same thing. It was created by the Morrow family and they created the jherri curl. I have met Cheryl Morrow since she is here in NY and we've discussed her products. I have also met with some of her clients and they love it. I myself can't tell you first hand about her product but my first time around natural, I purchased the naturalaxer and it worked very well. It made my hair very easy to manage while keeping the texture. I left in in for 45 minutes and didn't feel any type of burning. Also my press n curls lasted forever. Sometimes even after getting wet in the rain. I didn't have any adverse effect w/ it. Many people on the board had major issues with it so I am not endorsing it though I only stopped using it because I got a regular relaxer after a stylist burned my hair straight. ( I think she shouldn'thave been using such high heat in combination w/ the Naturalaxer ) Crockett seems like the best customer service b/c Cheryls paypal wasn't working when I wanted to buy her book and the people @ Naturalaxer are too slow to respond to anything. Below is Cheryls website and I think there is a bit of info about the product that she makes.

http://site.alternativehaircare.com/index.html

Almost anything can be "natural" Most chemicals are of natural sources. Something natural can change the bonds of your hair permanently (your hair just won't be int ITS natural state anymore) BTW: It has a high PH...I am not sure of the number but that is how they soften the hair by raising the PH levels but hey your hairs PH can change by exposing your hair to the sun.

Last edited:

delp

No, I am thinking about phyto, elucence or natural. I have pm-ed alot of people. Since, I can't get my hand on elucence it most likely will be phyto II. Unfortunately, due to an incident with a highly recommended stylist I have to wait a few months for my hair to grow back.

Muse

This looks interesting, looks like it could work like the BKT without all of the heat.

ETA: Oh never mind reading more it looks like you'd have a line of demarcation with this product.

Last edited: