Almost a half inch in a week.......

I hope my eyes arent playing tricks on me and this is the real deal. If it is, then I hit the jackpot!! I've had my braids in for a week and during this week, I been Surging faithfully (2x a day) and taking UltraNourish Hair and MSM.

I also added a few new things to hopefully accelerate my hair growth: Amino Acids, L-Cysteine, Sulfur 8 and WGO. And now, a week later, it looks as if I've had my braids in for 3-4 weeks. Noticing this, I decided to measure their hair growing from under the cornrows and it was about a hair away (LOL) from being 1/2".

I cant believe this and its only been one week!!!! :woot: I know for a fact that my cornrows arent loose because my braider (my mother) braids tight, but not to the point of causing damage. I'll definately be examining my hair more closely this week to see if it increases over the 1/2" mark!!! If this keeps up, I'll be back to my original length of bra-clasp in no time!!!

Oh by the way, I posted pictures in my album in the LHCF photo gallery. They arent the best pictures of the cornrows, but you'll get the idea.

Happy Hair Growing!!

L

lkg4healthyhair

If that's the case I am happy fo'ya :)

I am using surge too (3-4 weeks) and I think I have new growth as well.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
you might be the first member of the 2in a month club if so i will steal your regimine.
it could be you are having a growth spurt and it may even out over the month but if
you are already at the .5in mark i'm sure you will get at least an inch this month

I wont be the first one, I'll just be joining the club. I believe JazzAngel was the first one to do it a while back. Msportugal, I like your digitally enhanced picture. I 'll have to try to do that sometime.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
Mermaid0684 said:
I wont be the first one, I'll just be joining the club. I believe JazzAngel was the first one to do it a while back. Msportugal, I like your digitally enhanced picture. I 'll have to try to do that sometime.

you wont be the first ok i have to do some searching for jazzangel

i like the digi pic too it gives me hop for the future!!!! i decided i like using myself as an inspiration rather than other folks all of the time

blkmaryland said:
Mermaid....what's in your diet? Any excercise?

Junk is in my diet and I dont exercise at all. The food at my college isnt great or even nutritional for that matter. That's why I rely on suppliments. Once the semester is over and I'm home, I have more control of my food selection and I exercise about 3-4 times a week. I do try to cut back on sugars, mainly from candies and sodas. I try to drink at least 2 liters of water a day. I cant wait until I'm home so I can start making protein shakes!

melodee

Yeah, Surge does work. Unfortuantely, it dries my hair out so much. I can only use it when I'm in braids.

melodee said:
Yeah, Surge does work. Unfortuantely, it dries my hair out so much. I can only use it when I'm in braids.

I only use it while in braids as well. I tried spraying while I wasnt wearing braids and I didnt like it.

LABETT

I am currently in braids and this is my first time using surge with braids I get pretty good results using surge without braids hoping for good results.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Surge works, but since starting to use Sulfur 8, my growth has blown Surge out the water. At 1/8/05, I had 1.5' of hair on my head. Surging alone, I got maybe 1' of hair. Since Sulfur 8 and Glover's Mane I have 4' in the front and 6" on the side. This is a first for me bc my hair has always grown slow. It sounds like u have a winning combo. Surge & Sulfur 8 :notworthy