My Quick Weave: step by step (pictures included)

peppers01

Hello all! I was on a thread earlier talking about quick weaves. Well it was that time anyway for me to take my hair down and do another quick weave. So I decided to go step by step and show those who don't know what it is, how it's done. QWs are my protective style and allow for my hair to grow. Now I know there are those who abhor the idea of putting glue in their hair, but it's easy, quick (duh), and less of a hassle (well for me anyway). So here goes my steps to a quick weave (sorry for the huge pics and the crazy shirt (it's my fav):look:)

Here are the products that I use:

1. I wash,deep condition my hair, and blow dry it.

2. Then I put tons of oil on it, and part the front where my part is gonna be.

3. Then I gel my hair back in a pony tail.

4. I spray tons of oil sheen on the end of my pony tail, then I gel it up.

5. I blow dry until it semi-dry and put 3 stocking caps on my head to ensure none of the glue seeps through to my hair.

6.Then I begin to glue the tracks on the stocking caps starting from the back working my way to the front.

7.I glue the tracks all the way up to the top, making sure not to glue any on top of where my hair was left out.

8. Then I cut the stocking caps in a straight line right over where my hair is left out and part my hair.

9. I spray my hair with the cantu flat iron spray, then I curl it with curlers about the size of the curls.

I trim it up and use some of the wrap lotion to shape the curls. And there you have it a quick weave:clap:! I usually leave this one in for about one to 1 1/2 week depending on how it holds up. I just get up in the morning shake my fingers through it and I'm out the door; very convenient.

FINISHED PRODUCT

natural2008

You natural hair is so long and your quick weave is sooooooo cute :yep:. How did you learn how to do this? Did you just try it one day?

peppers01

You natural hair is so long and your quick weave is sooooooo cute :yep:. How did you learn how to do this? Did you just try it one day?

Well I'm from Dallas, and everybody wears them. I've always done my own hair. So, yeah, one day I just tried it and I've been doing them since then with different styles, this is just my favorite :drunk:

caribgirl

Oh, you did a superb job- very neat! Hmm, so you wear 3 caps to protect your hair- that is so wise!! Obviously your hair is doing well as it looks fab!!

Thanks so much for the detailed pics and descriptions!!!

natural2008

girl you make me wanna try cause it seems like when you want to take it out all you have to do it take the cap off right? Do you find that the 3 wig caps slip at times?

natural2008

another question, since you use wig caps, cant you just take off the quick weave and put it back on like a wig? Girl I am really going to have to try this one day, when I grow me enough hair.

ajoyfuljoy

Boy you made me say wow out loud! That is very ingenious!!! I will look into this for my own hair. I'm always looking for weave options. Good job lady :)

peppers01

No, mine dont come off until I'm ready to take it down. Usually by that time, the glue loosens around the edges. But you can do it by putting seran wrap around your hair, and a stocking cap on top of that, and glue the tracks on top of the cap.

peppers01

Boy you made me say wow out loud! That is very ingenious!!! I will look into this for my own hair. I'm always looking for weave options. Good job lady :)

One thing to remember though is that when you're taking it down, to use some sort of oil (preferably the 30 sec debonding oil) to slide the tracks off the edge so that none of your hair come out.

SparklingFlame

Oh my dayum!

You blew all my notions of quick weaves out the window!

Looks like you made yourself a wig. Can you take it off?

It looks great!!!!

peppers01

girl you make me wanna try cause it seems like when you want to take it out all you have to do it take the cap off right? Do you find that the 3 wig caps slip at times?

Actually they don't, until it's time for it to come down, cause the glue keeps them together and in place.

peppers01

Oh my dayum!

You blew all my notions of quick weaves out the window!

Looks like you made yourself a wig. Can you take it off?

It looks great!!!!

I don't take mine off, but you could if you put seran wrap on your hair and stocking caps, and then do it normally. Once you finish, you just slide it off your hair.

PittiPat

I've been wearing regular stocking cap wigs, but I never thought to cut a part in the top. This is fantastic. I'm gonna try it for my next wig. Thanks OP.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Girl, that is ingenious so neat and nice! I would love to do this...and your hair is gorgeous on top of that...you protect your hair and rock the quick weave...smart sista, and i'm happy to be your friend {{{hugs}}}

Tamrin

unapologetic
Thank you for posting this. You just showed me that quick weaves do not have to be damaging.

I saw something today that made me sad. A girl wearing a weave and all her edges were gone and the hair was pulled back like it was normal.

Im glad I came on tonight. I wish I could share this with her. Your hair is beautiful.

amwcah

My cousin does these all the time, but you actually made me want to try it. This is a great alternative to a sew-in which could damage your hair if the thread is pulled too tight.

Also, my cousin always complains about the stocking being too tight, but this would not be a problem with your method since you cut the stocking.

Thank you for sharing!!

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I am so tempted to try this because of how great it looks on you. I just don't understand how you are gluing the weave on. Can you explain further if you don't mind? Also, how much approximately does the hair cost that you use?

peppers01

I am so tempted to try this because of how great it looks on you. I just don't understand how you are gluing the weave on. Can you explain further if you don't mind? Also, how much approximately does the hair cost that you use?

Okay, in the back I glue the tracks horizontal, moving upwards. As I come further to the front, the tracks goes all the way around my head from temple to temple. I use my part as a guide to the way the tracks curve so that they're symmetrical on both sides of the part. Hope that helped.

peppers01

Oh and the hair costs me $11.99 at the BSS in my area, I use one bag and split the tracks. If you don't know, regular tracks are actually two thin tracks sewn together. So to extend the tracks even further (for the cheap people like me:look:), you just take a razor and gently and carefully slide is in between the two tracks and you just doubled your bag of hair, but it thins the style. In the case of my curls, I don't like them too full anyway.

LOL @ ur signature

ajacks

Thanks for sharing your technique OP! I had a completely different image of QW after reading the other thread and watching the episode of Split Ends. This is a method I would actually be willing to try.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
OMG, you stay in the H too. We all need to just get together and do each other hair (not for free, but instead of supporting the stylist that drain our pockets) since we all on the same hair level. I had a QW in when I went to the D for the Cotton Bowl I was cute let me see if I can find a pic. It wasnt like yours looking all real and stuff but....It did the dang thing for a month.
Dont mind the 1st 3 pic, I was getting ready to take it down and I had just unwrapped it to take the pic. The last pic was when I was at the game...

Attachments

• hair 001.jpg
    hair 001.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 73
  • hair 002.jpg
    hair 002.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 60
  • hair 003.jpg
    hair 003.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

peppers01

OMG, you stay in the H too. We all need to just get together and do each other hair (not for free, but instead of supporting the stylist that drain our pockets) since we all on the same hair level. I had a QW in when I went to the D for the Cotton Bowl I was cute let me see if I can find a pic. It wasnt like yours looking all real and stuff but....It did the dang thing for a month.
Dont mind the 1st 3 pic, I was getting ready to take it down and I had just unwrapped it to take the pic. The last pic was when I was at the game...

Ur QW was cute! I wanted to try the short bob, but I get a little scared to do it, thinking maybe it won't come out right. I'm definitely gonna have to do that one next. PM me.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Did you H-town divas see my post about doing each other's hair in the Hair Salon Forum? Hello?! We may as well help each other out~

oh, yeah, so if i wear QW i guess i couldn't apply my nightly growth aids, huh? Only if it were the kind that is on a cap that you could remove nightly...right or wrong?