Hair Mayonnaise or Cholesterol Conditioners

JenJen2721

Are these considered protein conditioners? If so, should a moisturizing treatment be used afterwards? My sister used these two on her hair to strengthen and I told her she probably needs to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards and she didn't think that was necessary because the containers say they both moisturize hair. Is this correct? Can you go without a moisturizing conditioner after using these?

Just wanted to clear things up!
TIA,
Jen

Allandra

IMO, it depends on the person and the person's hair. Some people don't need to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner because their hair is soft after rinsing out the hair mayonnaise and/or cholesterol conditioner. I've used cholesterol conditioners in the past, and I never followed up with a moisturizing conditioner. It didn't have any negative effects on my hair.

JenJen2721

Thanks Allandra! That makes sense. I'll have to swallow my pride *gulp* and tell my sister I was wrong!

I'm still a little confused on certain things /images/graemlins/drunk.gif, but I'm learning!
Jen
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LondonDiva

JenJen, nevermind

We only figured out a few weeks ago that motions CPR is not a protein conditioner /images/graemlins/blush.gif Some people follow up some don't, it depends on how your hair feels. I never follow up after the ORS Hair Mayo