2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I know you're just posting your thoughts... but just wanted to encourage you as you go through the healing process. God is a restorer and healer. Psalms 147 ... for you! :bighug:

1 Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.
2 The LORD doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel.
3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.
5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.
6 The LORD lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground.
7 Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God:
8 Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.
9 He giveth to the beast his food, and to the young ravens which cry.
10H e delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man.
11 The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.
12 Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem; praise thy God, O Zion.
13 For he hath strengthened the bars of thy gates; he hath blessed thy children within thee.
14 He maketh peace in thy borders, and filleth thee with the finest of the wheat.
15 He sendeth forth his commandment upon earth: his word runneth very swiftly.
16 He giveth snow like wool: he scattereth the hoarfrost like ashes.
17 He casteth forth his ice like morsels: who can stand before his cold?
18 He sendeth out his word, and melteth them: he causeth his wind to blow, and the waters flow.
19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.
20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.

So discouraged right now. I know this is not God's will (for me to be feeling this way) but I truly don't know what to do. I'm just so sad, and tired, I wanna get off this merry-go-round cause there sure isn't anything merry about it. :_(

If it does go 'there'..? If I'm right about this, this is sooo not gonna be pretty. *sigh*

sidney

The greatest physician is the one who has experience grief and pain . Jesus was a man of many sorrows (Isaiah 53:4) He can heal the broken heart because his heart has been broken. He can bind wounds better than any physician because he has been wounded. He is the great physician, able...capable of healing our deepest sorrows. He heals our broken hearts and binds our wounds. He provides comfort and mends the broken places.
We believe God for healing, comfort, and restoration.

I know you're just posting your thoughts... but just wanted to encourage you as you go through the healing process. God is a restorer and healer. Psalms 147 ... for you! :bighug:

1 Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.
2 The LORD doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel.
3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.
5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.
6 The LORD lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground.
7 Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God:
8 Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.
9 He giveth to the beast his food, and to the young ravens which cry.
10H e delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man.
11 The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.
12 Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem; praise thy God, O Zion.
13 For he hath strengthened the bars of thy gates; he hath blessed thy children within thee.
14 He maketh peace in thy borders, and filleth thee with the finest of the wheat.
15 He sendeth forth his commandment upon earth: his word runneth very swiftly.
16 He giveth snow like wool: he scattereth the hoarfrost like ashes.
17 He casteth forth his ice like morsels: who can stand before his cold?
18 He sendeth out his word, and melteth them: he causeth his wind to blow, and the waters flow.
19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.
20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.

LoveisYou

Proverbs 19:20
Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise.

Are we heeding God's instructions?

Pooks

The greatest physician is the one who has experience grief and pain . Jesus was a man of many sorrows (Isaiah 53:4) He can heal the broken heart because his heart has been broken. He can bind wounds better than any physician because he has been wounded. He is the great physician, able...capable of healing our deepest sorrows. He heals our broken hearts and binds our wounds. He provides comfort and mends the broken places.
We believe God for healing, comfort, and restoration.

Thank you both :bighug:

LifeafterLHCF

Asking for forgiveness from God is one thing but to accept it is another. For all I have done in my life at times I fight with the thought that God actually forgave me and he isn't looking at me with hate and disgust. He may be disappointed but not all because of the action of the sin but the after math of me not accepting his love and forgiveness. Something God gives freely I can't seem to accept. I'm a walking masterpiece-constantly changing and becoming better.

LoveisYou

I have realized that someone who I was becoming friends with is morally bankrupt
like she has no compassion, no regard for how her actions affect other ppl
I cannot be around her or be friends with her at all

auparavant

Rev. 3 : 7 “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.

8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

So, it's dawned on me how people misuse this scripture when they wish to hate on Ashkenazi Jews in their replacement "theology" of the Hebrew Israelite nature. This is not referring to Jews of any ethnic group, it's referring to those who are under the covenant and don't obey HaShem. It's not saying the synagogue is of satan, it's saying those who are of the "knesset" or "house" of satan who are obeying him and not G-d. Those leaders within the synagogue of those times were more in love with the fence laws, their authority and all the sins they were committing behind the scenes than they were in love with G-d and His statutes. See how people twist the scriptures to fit their agendas....:nono:....remove the context and you have rubbish.

auparavant

Remember that time I dreamt you were bound and couldn't talk except to me and no one else saw but I did, trying to talk to me, belabored, with purple lips, face bruised...and how when I awoke from that dream, I was terrified and begged G-d to preserve you? We eventually grew apart but not because I wanted it. I had to let you go, to find Him. So, you found Him! This might have been the time. Little did I know it would literally happen this way. Thank you for standing behind me and laying down next to me when I was hurt by this. I felt your presence. You're now on that side and I'm on this one, picking up these pieces. I can't imagine you fully in that tomb, with broken limb and thinking about those last moments ...cuz you knew all along and were telling us for a few years. It's okay for me to move on....but you hear me, you were meant to be...we were meant to be, even for that short time compared to the universe. We were meant ...and so were these children. We'll be fine. You and St. Joseph prepare the one for me, you hear? I'm still remembering the good between us and now looking forward to that one who is to come.

Last edited:

sidney

Passion for the law, excellent! Passion to reconcile the lost to God, way better! 1 thessalonians 5:17 on their behalf would be the most effectual. Dont miss out on fertile ground.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I keep on coming across the story of Hannah in sermons, conversations etc. hmnnnn

God answered her prayer.........

because she asked :yep:

God gave her a new life... Samuel.

Whom she gave back unto the Lord.

God answered

her prayer

because

she

asked.

"If you ask anything in my Name, I will do it..." (that's what Jesus' said...)

LoveisYou

God answered her prayer.........

because she asked :yep:

God gave her a new life... Samuel.

Whom she gave back unto the Lord.

God answered

her prayer

because

she

asked.

"If you ask anything in my Name, I will do it..." (that's what Jesus' said...)

Wow Shimmie thanks so much for your confirmation :)

Iwanthealthyhair67

One thing that is clear to me is that some of us still think that God is like us, we have humanized him and brought him down to our level ...his ways are not our ways and his thoughts are not our thoughts..

Iwanthealthyhair67

The Lords ways are just and perfect, he is meticulous and specific , we would be wise to follow his instructions and do things as he sets out not our way, not the way we think or feel ..many of men have fallen for not following instructions to the letter.

Iwanthealthyhair67

God is not partial, there are no extenuating circumstances ...he does not deliniate, does not change, he does not turn, he is perfect.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

To call yourself a servant of God (bond slave) or 'doulos' means that you have 'no rights', you belong to someone else ...you do everything your master says to do, you do nothing without his knowledge or approval...nothing...

When it comes to God many of us are not there yet (myself inluded) ..sadly, my will and desires are still alive and kicking ...

LifeafterLHCF

Wish I could be numb again Lord. That would make living so much easier. I wouldn't care if no one man loved me. I would care if no one ever called me or wanted me. I would be able to just do everything with no feeling. God why do you have me alive if you have me feeling things. I so want to go back to the way I was years ago so that way I wouldn't feel this lonely pain or anything at all even joy since that is fleeting as well.

auparavant

He's there, whether others nitpick over your life...He's there. You keep on that path the L-rd had fashioned for you. Nevermind the naysayers and those who have no understanding. Keep on that path He has fashioned for you. In the end, you will see. So will they, in fact. But the most important thing to do is to be faithful to the calling He has for you.

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

My story I have become addicted to. I have allowed what should be liberating become debilitating. I have held myself hostage for so long in my past. God guided me out of it and I go back to it because it's familar. I want to be happy and joyful but I allow things to enter me that shouldn't ever grace me. I am acting like a chicken--that eats whatever instead of being like the eagle that I was born to be. I want to soar and not allow anything to reduce my wing span. I want to walk into my anointing--the thing that allows you to truly function in God. I hope my last failure God won't count me out I really feel this lesson has been learned and I don't ever want to go through this again. Thank God for another day another chance.

LoveisYou

My story I have become addicted to. I have allowed what should be liberating become debilitating. I have held myself hostage for so long in my past. God guided me out of it and I go back to it because it's familar. I want to be happy and joyful but I allow things to enter me that shouldn't ever grace me. I am acting like a chicken--that eats whatever instead of being like the eagle that I was born to be. I want to soar and not allow anything to reduce my wing span. I want to walk into my anointing--the thing that allows you to truly function in God. I hope my last failure God won't count me out I really feel this lesson has been learned and I don't ever want to go through this again. Thank God for another day another chance.

Did you watch Oprah's life class?

loolalooh

Faith is easy when things are going well or falling into place.
Faith is easy when you believe in your abilities.
Faith is easy when you've had a hedge of protection all your life thus far.

But when things are not going well or falling into your place ...
When your abilities do not matter in this particular situation ...
When the hedge of protection is lowered significantly ...

Where's your faith now?

Today, after countless prayers and hesitation, I put my complete trust in Him.
Not 50% .. not 80% ... but complete trust.
There is nothing that will follow that I can claim is from my own ability.
All that will follow will be to His glory.