Joico K-Pak users/ lovers...how do you use it to achieve thicker hair?

Smiley79

I just read another thread about how Joico really helped thicken up the hair. As long as I've been on this board, I still have yet to try the K-pak. Can you all tell me more about it please. Is it a protein? a strong protein? do you follow it will strong moisture conditioner. Do you use it often etc. can someone show a pic of it because I saw a lot of different products from their line. How happy are you with the K-pak. I currently use ORS Hair Mayo or Aphogee 2 min but I'm almost done with them and wouldn't mind trying something new especially if there is a chance it can help me achieve thicker hair.

gadgetdiva

I know that Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating reconstructor is a protein treatment! I like it, but haven't used it long enough to say its thickened my hair up. I do have to follow it up with a deep moisturizing conditioner. I like to use Qlasta QP DPR-11+ or Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive moisturizing treatment and add some avocado/EVOO and EVCO to it then sit under dryer for 30 to 45 min.

taz007

I am a Joico FIEND! I do a Joico 17 Minute Miracle routine at least once per month:

Joico K-Pak Chelating Shampoo
Joico K-Pak Cuticle Sealer
Joico K-Pak Reconstructor
Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator/Biolage Hydratherapie

This has really thickened my hair and has made it healthier than it has EVER been.

sensi sweetie

How do I use it to achieve thicker hair?
Well. I don't really expect it to make my hair thicker. I mean, its not like it's going to make more BSL length hairs pop up all over my head after use. No. I use it to make my hair healthier, which in part makes it longer, stronger, and yes... eventually thicker!

I heart Kpak :D

Smiley79

@ Sensi and Taz,yea, I read many other threads that rave about the it and I'm so excited to use it :) the only thing I haven't been clear on is that the bottle says to leave it on for only 1 minute. So i was curious how you all are actually using it? (i.e 1 minute, 10 minutes, with heat, without, etc)

taz007

@ Sensi and Taz,yea, I read many other threads that rave about the it and I'm so excited to use it :) the only thing I haven't been clear on is that the bottle says to leave it on for only 1 minute. So i was curious how you all are actually using it? (i.e 1 minute, 10 minutes, with heat, without, etc)

Which Joico product are you using that says to leave it in for 1 minute?

All of the products that I use say to leave it in for 5 minutes and that is exactly how I use it and I don't use it with heat.

Smiley79

The one that I bought is in a dark colored (like dark brown I guess) bottle and it says Joico K Pak Reconstruct.

mzsophisticated26

The one that I bought is in a dark colored (like dark brown I guess) bottle and it says Joico K Pak Reconstruct.

yeah I have the kpak reconstruct. It says to use it for 1 min but I use it for about 3-5mins. I think its the daily conditioner. I dont use it consistently enough to see thickening results. I just hate that the conditioners are runny( except the deep penetrating reconstructor). I like creamy thick conditioners. I have been wanting to try out the Joico Body Luxe line(green bottles) because it specifically is for getting thicker hair.

taz007

Does it say "conditioner" at the bottom? Mine is not the conditioner and it says to leave it in for 5 minutes. I found that the 5 minute reconstructor is what has really thickened my hair, but ALL Joico products are good.

@mzsophisticated26 - That Body Luxe works VERY well. It worked too well in my case and I only used it once last year.

disgtgyal

I love joico i use their k-pak line as well as the moisture recovery, and before my setback (two bad relaxer jobs) my hair was the healthiest its ever been and I had no see- through ends, now i'm trying to get back to that. I use the k-pak shampoo and deep penetrating treatment every wash and I either follow it up with intense hydrator or moisture recovery condish or balm. As far as their leave- in I use the liquid reconstructor, heat protector leave in and smoothing balm.

Smiley79

Does it say "conditioner" at the bottom? Mine is not the conditioner and it says to leave it in for 5 minutes. I found that the 5 minute reconstructor is what has really thickened my hair, but ALL Joico products are good.

@mzsophisticated26 - That Body Luxe works VERY well. It worked too well in my case and I only used it once last year.

Yes T, it says "conditioner" in small white letters under the word RECONSTRUCT. Uh oh, Did I get the wrong one? lol. Which one is the one that gets all the raves on the forum? If anyone can show me a photo that would be good to. I bought it at Ulta and that was the only I saw. The others were for color treated hair.

Smiley79

I forgot to mention that I did use it last night. I detangled with VO5 conditioner (which i guess also served as a pre-poo). I washed with Suave Coconut, applied the Joico for 5-10 min with a cap. Rinsed and followed with Aubrey Organics White Chamelia mixed with rosemary, peppermint and eucalyptus oils and left that on for almost an hour. rinsed and used Lacio Lacio for my leave-in and let my hair air dry. LOVE!!!! I won't lie, I did feel a difference in my hair after using the Joico. I look forward to continue using it so I can give an accurate review of the experience.

sidenote: Now I'm on the hunt for a good shampoo otherwise I'll just go back to my Elasta QP:yep:

taz007

Yes T, it says "conditioner" in small white letters under the word RECONSTRUCT. Uh oh, Did I get the wrong one? lol. Which one is the one that gets all the raves on the forum? If anyone can show me a photo that would be good to. I bought it at Ulta and that was the only I saw. The others were for color treated hair.

I was using that same one that you have when I first started and I got pretty good results. I use this one now:

Amazon.com: Joico. K-Pak Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor (select option/size): Beauty

MizzCoco

I've been on the Joico bandwagon for about a year, and yes I must say that using the K-pak line has really helped strengthen and thicken my limp fine hair...when I first joined the forum, I had no idea how much protein I should use, and as a result, my hair was seriously overmoisturized. So I started using the Kpak shampoo, 5 minute reconstructor, then I follow up with ORS replenishing or AO HSR every week...my hair couldnt be happier!!

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
yeah I have the kpak reconstruct. It says to use it for 1 min but I use it for about 3-5mins. I think its the daily conditioner. I dont use it consistently enough to see thickening results. I just hate that the conditioners are runny( except the deep penetrating reconstructor). I like creamy thick conditioners. I have been wanting to try out the Joico Body Luxe line(green bottles) because it specifically is for getting thicker hair.

From what I am understanding, this conditioner is thin because it is meant for hair that gets weighed down easily. I read on the Joico website it is meant for thin hair (it does not have oils that can weigh the hair down). I think we can still get the benefits as well though even though we have thicker hair.

I recently purchased the Joico Kpak reconstruct daily conditioner it and I like it, no mineral oil and that is cool with me. It is similar to the Aphogee 2 min reconstructer. I tried following this up with a moisture DC and I did not feel like my DC did anything. I think the -cone in the product blocked out the benefits of the moisture DC. I plan on doing this 1-2x a month and I will leave it on for 5-8 min no heat.

Last edited:

Smiley79

PErfect thanks Taz!!!! sorry I overlooked the link, lol. Ok, I will finish what I have and try that one next. :)

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
From what I am understanding, this conditioner is thin because it is meant for hair that gets weighed down easily. I read on the Joico website it is meant for thin hair (it does not have oils that can weigh the hair down). I think we can still get the benefits as well though even though we have thicker hair.

I recently purchased the Joico Kpak reconstruct daily conditioner it and I like it, no mineral oil and that is cool with me. It is similar to the Aphogee 2 min reconstructer. I tried following this up with a moisture DC and I did not feel like my DC did anything. I think the -cone in the product blocked out the benefits of the moisture DC. I plan on doing this 1-2x a month and I will leave it on for 5-8 min no heat.
I bought the the Joico kpak reconstruct conditioner on clearance at Trade Secret's about a week ago. :yep: How would you successfully use this conditioner if it blocks out your moisture efforts?