How often do you cowash?

KoriKiyomi

I've been getting a lot of negative feedback from family. They are stressing the idea that I wash my hair too much. Ive been natural since April 7, 2011. When I bc'd I had NO hair. Now my hair is shoulder length. I try to cowash every two to three days. Is that too much?

Love Always

I co-wash once a week and shampoo and condition twice a week. I honestly don't think you're hindering your growth, continue to do what's best for your hair.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
When my hair was shorter I would cowash every 2 days or so..

Now no so much.

Like they say if its not broke......

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I'm relaxed and right now I cowash twice a week and poo wash once a week. I prefer to cowash daily to every other day....my hair prefers it:yep:

discodumpling

So in less than a yr you've gone from NO HAIR to SL and you wanna know if you're doing the right thing?? You got to be kidding me! Unless you start experiencing a problem keep doing you.

Ms. Tiki

Like discodumpling said, you went from bc to SL in year you have an idea of the right things to do. I know my hair whether texlaxed or natural thrives with frequent cowash.

lolascurls

As the ladies said above, "If it ain't broke..."
I co-wash weekly but my hair is now past waist length so it would be a chore any more often! :lol:

BEAUTYU2U

I like washing my hair, my hair loves it. But am I hindering it from retaining length?

No. Others may think washing hair that frequently will dry out the hair or create breakage. This is because of their experiences (more often than not) with sulfate shampoos and/or hard water. This is not the case in your situation. Do what YOU feel is right. From your experience, you KNOW cowashing is beneficial to your hair.

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

Ann0804

If your hair isn't dry, crispy, and tangled then it's not too much. I wash my hair once a week (I can't do a co wash). My hair can't take more than once per week or it gets super crispy, and thirsty. Plus I flat iron my natural hair and I don't want to apply heat to it more than once per week.

LilMissRed

depends on what Ive put in it during the week... so it can vary anywhere from 1x-4x per week.

Keep doin what works for u.. OBVIOUSLY ur hair loves it!! :yep:

toinette

Tricking the president
Being on this site has taught me that "regular" black folks have no clue about hair care. If its working for you, keep doing it