.::JBCO -vs- Walmart-Brand Castor Oil::.

D.Lisha

:hiya:
Ladies of LHCF,
Inquiring minds would like to know.....
Which version of Castor Oil would you prefer?
JBCO? or the Wal-Mart brand?
I'm currently putting together a sulfur mixture, and I want to make sure I put together the most EFFECTIVE and COMPATIBLE ingredients for a powerful recipe :yep:
Has anyone tried both castor oils and experience different results based on the brand? Has one brand yield more/better results than the other?
Fill me in ladies!
Also, if anyone has a pic of the wal-mart brand of castor oil that YOU'RE using, could you please post it?
I'm a visual person...so...yea lol.

Your Cheeziness

I've tried both and I go with Walmart. It's more accessible and affordable for the same results. I use the Home Health cold pressed found in the pharmacy section.

D.Lisha

Would any of u ladies have a pic of the was-mart brand?
Is it the "hollywood beauty Castor oil" brand u"re referring to?

Sent from my DROID PRO using Long Hair Care Forum App

Your Cheeziness

Home Health Cold Pressed Castor oil

baglady215

^^^ This is what I use in my sulfur mix. I haven't tried JBCO, sorry. But from everything I read, most ladies said they worked the same.

Summer79

Walmart castor oil. But the one I buy is in a little brown bottle and costs about $3 maybe. It's with the laxatives of course. I'll try to post a pic of it tomorrow..........reading in bed lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

Aireen

Girl, you have me tempted to ask my mum to pick some up for me. Subscribing to this thread. :)

NaturalBoss

Hmmm....I have that Home Health brand and I stopped using it because it seemed too sticky. I switched to JBCO and I loved it. Maybe I used too much and that's why it seemed sticky. Anyways, I'm gonna have to try the Home Health brand again (still have most of the big bottle left) because it's way cheaper than JBCO and it's easier to get (I don't like to order stuff if I can just get it at Wally World).

Summer79

This is the one I always get from Walmart. I tried the brand pictured above from Vitamin Shoppe and my hair didn't like it for some reason. But this brand my hair LOVES.

Attachments

• castor oil.jpg
    castor oil.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 70

camilla

ita i tried the walmart AND the jbco i do not dee the difference so i mixed the two the jbco seems a little less sticky but i can get almost three for the price of one with the walmart brand

D.Lisha

ita i tried the walmart AND the jbco i do not dee the difference so i mixed the two the jbco seems a little less sticky but i can get almost three for the price of one with the walmart brand

Forreal?
I will gladly put up with all stickiness as long as it keeps alil money in my pockets lol

Sent from my DROID PRO using Long Hair Care Forum App

krissyprissy

I have the CVS brand in the small brown bottle and Lavender JBCO. The drugstore brand is heavier but they are almost the same besides the smell. I have relaxed hair and prefer to mix them in my DC because my hair does not like them alone. But they are great mixing with other stuff.

D.Lisha

Soo....I went to the vitamin shoppe and got my essential oils for my sulfur-mix :lick: I'm soooo excited, here's what I brought:

Castor Oil:

Grapseed Oil:

Peppermint Oil: (heard it kills the scent)

Im about to go mix it all up now.
I'm thinking 1oz of sulfur to 3oz of castor oil & 3oz of grapseed oil, topped off with a dab of peppermint oil?
What ya think ladies?

rwatson2001

Soo....I went to the vitamin shoppe and got my essential oils for my sulfur-mix :lick: I'm soooo excited, here's what I brought:

Castor Oil:

Grapseed Oil:

Peppermint Oil: (heard it kills the scent)

Im about to go mix it all up now.
I'm thinking 1oz of sulfur to 3oz of castor oil & 3oz of grapseed oil, topped off with a dab of peppermint oil?
What ya think ladies?

1oz would be way too much sulfur (did you mean 1tsp?). Try 1tsp of sulfur to 8oz of oils.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF